Following a SS - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 01-14-13, 11:35   #11
Whosdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyzen View Post
yes agree, but if I know the rider very well I don't mind if they are behind me or in front of me at close distance.

to the op: looks like you had a lot of fun. the street triple is a very capable machine. it loves the tight technical stuff. it is a "sleeper", i.e. it fools others into thinking it isn't a beast....

on saturday I was at Phillip island and it ate up the corners but struggled a bit on the straights and really fast corners.. :) i think its perfect for a road bike.. you shouldn't be doing 200+ on the public roads anyway.

the great thing is, once you're done with the twistys you'll be cruising home comfortably..
You described very well, it is very funny bike for tracks with a lot of corners, mainly those for the average speeds, because its truely hard to go over 200.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-13, 12:29   #12
vintagespeed

cool vids!

in the first one, i only saw the tach above 10k a few times. looks like you need to click down a gear in the tight stuff. and i totally agree on the tailgating......too close for comfort a few times there.

i wish we had that road here, looks like a blast!

Old 01-14-13, 15:41   #13
Whosdaddy

In 2 weeks I'll be on track with ST3 for the first time, lets see how I feel the bike in the right environment.

Did someone use Apex Riser Clip-ons before? I am thinking about to by this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/41mm-up-to-5...edd3e8&vxp=mtr

Old 01-14-13, 16:55   #14
Superhawk

There is always a time and place for everything... if you do that road - race thing every now and then and not every Saturday, you have a better chance of doing well. Our group has moments like that, but it's through a few corners and then we are done... but again, we are in FL... you only get 2 corners at a time.

You ride well and as riders, you know each other well... Just don't over do it... and don't take the chance to often... take it to the track and post the vid for us...

We are waiting!!! Congrats.

Old 01-14-13, 21:30   #15
Whosdaddy

Tks for your words.

I'd like to listen from someone that already used the appex clip-ons to know about pros e cons. I think that they could be very useful on tracks.

I'll search in the forum.

Old 01-14-13, 23:02   #16
MadMel

It's all fun and games until a killer koala attacks and your buddy ends up in the grass or you nearly hit your other buddy who is bouncing off a car.

Old 01-15-13, 02:52   #17
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
You'll think that until a dog, deer or car pulls out right in front of the lead rider and they hammer their brakes and then the person behind drives right up their arse and causes an accident that could have been avoided.
This. Most of my riding buddies are good enough that on a track I wouldn't necessarily mind them that close, but on the street...you just never know what's gonna happen. e.g., MadMel's Killer Koala video, holy &#$%!

www.deadeyephoto.com

Old 01-15-13, 05:37   #18
Whosdaddy

I could say that in Brazil we have no free animals like koalas, but we have dogs and cats, so it is also dangerous, we know.

Old 01-19-13, 12:40   #19
Whosdaddy

It is raining a lot here, it is impossible to get ride.

Old 01-20-13, 06:06   #20
AndySTR

I use to have an S1000rr (without the riders aides) and its far to much for the road, well in the UK. I then saw sense and bought the street.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement