New guy from Bx, NY - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Introductions

Introductions New member? Take a few minutes and introduce yourself.

Old 01-08-13, 21:36   #21
Daddylocks

I'll take those words to heart and absolutely treat my bike that way until it warms up and I get a food feel for her ... And 70s for the winter time? Haha that's no winter mate, that's a nice spring day here lol. Ah I wish the thermometer would hit 60 by March

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Motorcycle.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-13, 07:53   #22
R675Soldier

I would love to meet up with you guys when it gets warmer...I'm in elmont long island...trying to get a 2012 within a month or two

Old 01-10-13, 08:55   #23
Disrupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by R675Soldier View Post
I would love to meet up with you guys when it gets warmer...I'm in elmont long island...trying to get a 2012 within a month or two
I am down, Long Island is pretty boring but me and my friend ride out to Robert Moses State Park quiet often for the view and the ocean breeze.

Old 01-10-13, 09:39   #24
Daddylocks

That's wussup. Robert Moses and Jones are the 1st beaches I wanna hit up when it gets warm. I'm down for that.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 01-13-13, 21:42   #25
R675Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupt View Post
I am down, Long Island is pretty boring but me and my friend ride out to Robert Moses State Park quiet often for the view and the ocean breeze.
i have no idea where that is..how far is that from elmont? i would love to go on a nice scenic ride especially that my girl is only a cruiser

Old 01-14-13, 13:50   #26
Beeglowbot

Welcome! I'm right between Qns and BK, commute year round but during warmer weather we head up to Storm King and CR106 for fun.

If you're having it serviced by DTNY, I would double check the bolts and missing bits. I've had bolts vibrate out on me multiple times from them due to no loctite/low torque.

My bar end slider fell right off and my brake side rearset was hanging on to 1 bolt with another close to completely falling out. Only noticed because my rear brake lever was squishy as hell. Rear light electricals just dangling out of the tail pan. Front HID wires just dangling out of of the housing and the ballast rattling inside the fly screen, fastened to anything.

Not sure if I'm an isolated incident but that's my experience with them, just be careful.

Old 01-14-13, 15:39   #27
firedude
BOTM Winner

I'm up in Rockland and ride Bear Mtn all the time. Also make it down to NYC to ride with NYCSBR all the time.

"slow is smooth, smooth is fast"

Old 01-14-13, 18:56   #28
R675Soldier

i used to ride through bear mtn, storm king, and 7 lakes but since there have been so many accidents for the first few years i had my R6 i stop riding out there...i stick to the track ever since and no point of going 130-140 mph on those roads...its not the same and i dont get the same adrenaline feeling plus i dont wanna die...

i dunno maybe as you get older you get wiser

Old 01-14-13, 19:04   #29
Daddylocks

Thanks for the heads up Beeglow, I'm having Ducati Triumph service mine as I had money left over from financing *Flame suit on*.. I know its a lot cheaper to DIY, but I just felt as a newbie, I'd rather have pros do it. Its still under warranty from 2011, and I'm waiting on watsen to ship out those flush mounts. Until then, it's staying in their shed. I do look forward to riding with you guys, I'm just going to need some time to feel her out a bit before. I appreciate the warm welcome guys, sounds like a pretty cool community!

Old 01-14-13, 19:07   #30
Daddylocks

Soldier Im well aware of bear mtn and agree with staying away from that. It probably is a blast twisting in and out, but that road is just crazy even in a car lol. I'm sure to stay away from there for some time

Sponsored Links
Advertisement