Questions from my first day ride.. - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 01-08-13, 20:08   #21
Csorin

I have one of these:

http://www.dartflyscreens.com/en/street3.html

Greatly improved comfort at 80+. In fact, no neck fatigue at all since install. Works well at the track as well. A little dorky, but it's functional, and the cockpit view is pretty sexy.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-13, 21:02   #22
jtirwin27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allworld View Post
I used to use the Scorpion 700, basically for the narrow fit, I now use the Bell RS-1. You can get close out graphic design for about 50% off. Add the transitions face shield and things are good.

I also wear a bell rs-1 with the transition shield. Love the fit and shield is incredible

Old 01-08-13, 22:38   #23
sideshow bob

I love the tank grips. I wasn't really excited about sticking those things on my tank, but they really make a difference. Besides, my tank was getting a little scratched up from squeezing it so hard with my knees.

Old 01-09-13, 15:21   #24
sallison30

My bike does between 220 and 250 Km's (sorry, mine is metric) before the light comes on. I can get a good 60Km's after the light comes on before I run out so there's plenty of time to find some fuel. Even when I think I've pushed it to the limit and I break out in a sweat thinking, "I going to run out now!", I stop at a gas station and it only takes 15 litres ie 2 to spare.

Old 01-09-13, 20:45   #25
Superhawk

Default really???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Bob View Post
Fellow Floridian-- thanks for the helmet idea. I am currently wearing a Scorpion 700 because of the no fog shield and price. I am not sure I can bring myself to spend $400 on a lid Does anyone else have feedback on the Scorpion? I am 5'8" if that matters.

On another matter, I will be sending the stock seat to Spencer for a redue. It keeps pushing me into the tank and could be more comfortable. Let the mods begin.
Fellow Floridian... it's your full-blooded Tampan here. (Yes, joke)

I'm 6.0 and basically you get used to riding a naked. I have always ridden sport bikes and recently went naked - STR... have to keep the sport in it for those track days, and after riding it for a while, you won't notice the push unless you are at 100+++ which never happens...

I got on a fairing bike the other day and couldn't believe the wind I felt as it hit me in one spot vs. the naked coming straight at you and being pretty even. What I attribute the feeling to is that your "core" will begin to take over and if you lean a bit forward, butt back in your seat (I'm getting a new seat too.) you will lean into the wind and it will help. Go ride the B and make it yours. When it's time to go... get your chin on the tank and enjoy.

Cheers!!!

Old 01-12-13, 05:43   #26
Filly-fuzz

I have the little factory windscreen and don't really notice a difference on the street. But It works a treat when your tucking in to prevent your head from being torn off your neck on the back straight at Barbs

Also the standard seat is fine, use your thighs to hold yourself in position.
I've done consecutive 1200km days and the factory seat works fine.

Old 02-21-13, 20:23   #27
Florida Bob

Default Thanks to Orangeman..

I wore my new Shoei Qwest yesterday on a day ride. What a difference Got to be the most comfortable and quiet helmet I have owned. It reduced the buffeting around 70%.

If anyone is thinking about one--don't wait. New Enough has them for $250.00 to your door. A great helmet. Later and ride safe..

Old 02-22-13, 07:52   #28
Godly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Bob View Post
Did 250 today on my new to me 2010 STriple A few questions..

1. Will a flyscreen and windshield prevent the buffeting? Over 80 it feels like the wind is trying to lift my helmet off..

Depending on your height, it will definitely help.

2. Without a gas gauge, what is your favorite method to estimate when it time for fuel. I cannot see the digital Trip meter.

I use my tripometer. I know I get about 130-150 miles a tank before the gas light comes on. So normally after 100 miles I start seeking a gas station, just to be safe. However where I ride there isn't much civilization so i've cut it close a few times

3. When you first rode your Triple did you think the engine temp indicator was the gas gauge?? I did and I thought damn this bike really gets great gas mileage Then when I stopped at a red light in town it started making gas!! Shortly after this stop I finally realized what I had been looking at

Can't say that I have ever done that

How do you keep this bike below 70 mph?? All day I thought I was cruising at 55 and it was 70. It gets there so easy with no strain.

Thanks for your input..

Couldn't help a whole lot, but I did my best

Old 02-22-13, 20:34   #29
Tronix

Also have the Qwest helmet from last year. I love it.

Car: 2012 MazdaSpeed3 JBR TIP SRI | Damond OCC | COBB AP | Stage 1 S-OTS 93

Sponsored Links
Advertisement