The official triumph675.net Australian lap time Leaderboard!!!! - Page 14 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > Australia and Asia-Pacific

Australia and Asia-Pacific AAP Regional forum; rides, get togethers, events

Old 12-26-12, 18:12   #131
Rorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMel View Post
I thought about it, but wasn't sure about it, so I stuck with 180. Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go next time... my overweight ass needs all the contact patch it can get.

I'm not sure it makes any difference at a tight track like Mallala but at Phillip Island I ran the 180 and 190 back to back on the same day and was 1 second a lap faster on the 190.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_GB#gid=0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-13, 01:29   #132
dburmas

Hey Tongie and Rorz,
It is just a confidence thing for me (apart from many many other factors!). I had a mate run my bike at both Broady and PI recently (He got 1:01.99 and 1:45/46's respectively!!!!) So I know it aint the bike that is the limiting factor!

Since I also use the starlane GPS tracker I get some telemetry info so I can see how much faster he go through certain corners and brake/gas points which has been very very helpful. Then I just concentrate on one corner at a time on improving per session.

I'm having another crack at broady on the 20th Jan and PI....need to book my Feb fix....also want to wait for the track to rubber in a bit.

Dan

Old 01-04-13, 01:31   #133
dburmas

Also....just fitted a Bazzaz Quick Shifter...so if I dont break into the 1:05's at broady I'll be pissed!!

Dan

Old 01-04-13, 01:35   #134
dburmas

Rorz,
It was actually 5 hundredths....I nearly cried, so close!

Dan

Old 01-11-13, 20:03   #135
Rorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburmas View Post
Hey Tongie and Rorz,
It is just a confidence thing for me (apart from many many other factors!). I had a mate run my bike at both Broady and PI recently (He got 1:01.99 and 1:45/46's respectively!!!!) So I know it aint the bike that is the limiting factor!

Since I also use the starlane GPS tracker I get some telemetry info so I can see how much faster he go through certain corners and brake/gas points which has been very very helpful. Then I just concentrate on one corner at a time on improving per session.

I'm having another crack at broady on the 20th Jan and PI....need to book my Feb fix....also want to wait for the track to rubber in a bit.

Dan

You're still improving pretty much every time out so it's just a matter of time mate. Better to improve a little bit here and there than crash trying to make big leaps.

I'm dying to get back out to PI. I think I could have actually gone under 1:45 last time there because I ran a very, very low 1:45 in the last session when I had thhe GoPro mounted to my tank which meant I couldn't tuck in behind the screen very well. I could see on the speedo it was costing me over 25km/h down the straight yet I almost beat my PB (which I set earlier that day without the GoPro) so had I not had it on there... who knows. To make matters worse the footage was useless anyway as it was too shaky.

I still feel like I have plenty of time to make up through turn 1 and the Hayshed. I reckon I'm getting through the slower turns fairly well and I'm pretty happy with the speed I'm carrying over Lukey Heights and through turns 11 and 12 but it's tough to man up and have a real crack at 1 and the Hayshed. I went out to the island for WSBK last year and couldn't beleive how Biaggi and Checa were getting through the hayshed... on the ragged edge especially toward the end of the race as the tyres wore out. It looks like a totally different corner to when I pootle through it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_GB#gid=0

Old 01-12-13, 10:43   #136
Tongie_

I wonder what the new surface is like? A mate was there last week for the Kustom Nats , he drove the track and said it was baby bum smooth... Yee Haa !

Old 01-12-13, 19:14   #137
JayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongie_ View Post
I wonder what the new surface is like? A mate was there last week for the Kustom Nats , he drove the track and said it was baby bum smooth... Yee Haa !
They re-surfaced PI?????
Track - 2006 R6 sold :(

Old 01-13-13, 03:45   #138
MadMel

MadMel......13/01/13......Lakeside Raceway......2012 Triumph Daytona 675R......Dunlop D211GP Med. Compound F&R......stock Ohlins......stock Ohlins......1:10.24 (RaceChrono Android lap timer)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358063137085.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	34904  

Old 01-13-13, 23:09   #139
dburmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
You're still improving pretty much every time out so it's just a matter of time mate. Better to improve a little bit here and there than crash trying to make big leaps.
Agreed.....still trying to improve my limits. Its a blast.

Quote:
I'm dying to get back out to PI. I think I could have actually gone under 1:45 last time there because I ran a very, very low 1:45 in the last session when I had thhe GoPro mounted to my tank which meant I couldn't tuck in behind the screen very well. I could see on the speedo it was costing me over 25km/h down the straight yet I almost beat my PB (which I set earlier that day without the GoPro) so had I not had it on there... who knows. To make matters worse the footage was useless anyway as it was too shaky.
How the heck did you get out with one! They are always checking...

Quote:
I still feel like I have plenty of time to make up through turn 1 and the Hayshed. I reckon I'm getting through the slower turns fairly well and I'm pretty happy with the speed I'm carrying over Lukey Heights and through turns 11 and 12 but it's tough to man up and have a real crack at 1 and the Hayshed. I went out to the island for WSBK last year and couldn't beleive how Biaggi and Checa were getting through the hayshed... on the ragged edge especially toward the end of the race as the tyres wore out. It looks like a totally different corner to when I pootle through it.
Funny isn't it...you can truely appreciate what the heck these guys are doing. I keep trying to tell myself that Stoner is ONLY 20+ seconds per lap faster than me....jesus sounds bad when you say it like that!

Old 01-13-13, 23:45   #140
dburmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongie_ View Post
Hey Tongie,
Word is that the new surface is grippy and very fast. (Spoke to one of the Madaz guys). However, the surface is killing the tyres. It's like sand paper! probably best to wait a little while.

Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement