Possible ECM problem? - Triumph675.Net Forums
post #1 of 4 Old 01-03-13, 10:02 Thread Starter
Possible ECM problem?

This weekend I had a very slow speed off. Left hand turn at an intersection with cold tires and loose gravel. The bike suffered cosmetic damage.... No big deal, but it won't start. I have removed the fall switch and checked it, it seems to be operating. When I turn on the ignition the head lights power up, the dash lights up and the oil light comes on. The ECM doesn't appear to boot up because none of the normal power up functions happen. I have pulled each fuse and tested them individually.
Any ideas about where to check next?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 01-03-13, 12:04
Check your clutch switch. When atempting to start, does your bike click, turn over, or simply does nothing?

Noodles Racing would like to thank the following sponsors for their support in the 2012 CSBK season:
GP BIKES TRIUMPH, EUROCORSA PERFORMANCE (Bitubo suspension, Spidi leathers, Rizoma rearsets, Power Bronze windscreens), ARMOUR BODIES, MOTOAIRBAG CANADA, MOTOVAN, HINDLE EXHAUST.

post #3 of 4 Old 01-03-13, 14:34 Thread Starter
Threadstarter Threadstarter
The only things that come on are the headlight and back light for the dash. The fuel pump does not come on and none of the typical needle sweeps happen in the tack indicating ECM function. The dash never boots up and the LCD display never lights up.
Thanks, I'll check the clutch switch as a precaution.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-04-13, 01:26
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph675.Net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode