Exup value - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 01-03-13, 17:00   #1
Matthw76

Default Exup value

Does any one know how to discount the exup value on a 2012 daytona I have the arrow can fitted with the arrow ecu map on the bike.

Is it just a case of getting under my bike and removing the cables from the value?

Thanks matt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-13, 17:09   #2
Moeman

You got two choices simply disable it by using tune ecu program or disable it and remove it all together I did both its not that hard at all

Old 01-03-13, 17:55   #3
Matthw76

Thank you I don't really want to play with the ecu

When you say move it is that just discounting the cables at both ends and do you have to wire at open as heard it default is closed?

Old 01-03-13, 23:08   #4
Moeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthw76 View Post
Thank you I don't really want to play with the ecu

When you say move it is that just discounting the cables at both ends and do you have to wire at open as heard it default is closed?
There is a how to on you tube goggle it as far as the tune ECU it's not that complicated you have to buy the OBDII cable , down load the drivers for the cable hook it up between the Lap top and the bike and a few simple steps
You will get the job done

Old 01-03-13, 23:11   #5
TRMN8TR

You can tell what position the valve is in by looking at the rod coming out that the cam/cables are attached to. The flats on the rod are in the same direction as the valve itself. Make sure the flats are horizontal and not vertical.

Realize you will get a check engine light if you remove the cables and motor and don't turn it off using TuneECU.

Old 01-04-13, 01:21   #6
Matthw76

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8TR View Post
You can tell what position the valve is in by looking at the rod coming out that the cam/cables are attached to. The flats on the rod are in the same direction as the valve itself. Make sure the flats are horizontal and not vertical.

Realize you will get a check engine light if you remove the cables and motor and don't turn it off using TuneECU.
Thank you I was going to leave the power going to the motor that drives the cable to open and close.

In thinking by doing this the ecu wouldn't,t know I've moved the cable from the value

I don,t have a laptop I'm on here via an iPad

Old 01-04-13, 04:49   #7
allaussiegrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthw76 View Post
Thank you I was going to leave the power going to the motor that drives the cable to open and close.

In thinking by doing this the ecu wouldn't,t know I've moved the cable from the value

I don,t have a laptop I'm on here via an iPad
It will cause an error, the motor will not calibrate on startup and give you a fault code.

tune ecu is very easy to use.

'11 675R
Werkes Slip On Pipe + STD Fender Elim + Intergrated Tailight - ZG Double Bubble DS - Dual HID Headlights and Angel Eyes with Coloured Headlight Housing - Red Seat Cowl - LED Strip Indicators - 1050 Throttle Tube -
Attack Reasrsets (Red Pegs) - Powdercoated wheels and Sidestand - GB protection Kit - CRG Levers folding - Saddlemen CF Track Seat - Watsens

Old 01-04-13, 07:56   #8
MacaveliMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaussiegrown View Post
It will cause an error, the motor will not calibrate on startup and give you a fault code.

tune ecu is very easy to use.
+1 if you're going to disconnect it, you need to disable it. Spend $10 or whatever it is for the cable, borrow a laptop, and get it done. It will be beneficial.

"I actually just have my throttle cable pulled so its
wide open even when i start the bike. balls to the
wall is how i live, screw stoplights and slow people."
- TwoWheeledWonder

Old 01-04-13, 08:25   #9
Disrupt

It is very simple to do. Where are you located? I am sure there is someone on the forum local to you that could help you out with the cable and laptop.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement