My 1st crash tonight LOL.. - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 12-29-12, 20:49   #11
Cayden2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite CT. View Post
Not while he was ridding.... after the crash!!!
Ah yes, I can see that now. I was going to say....pretty obvious how it happened the way i was thinking .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-12, 23:06   #12
Zen

Luckily for us with every breath comes new beginnings. Shake it off man, glad you're (relatively) ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by Zen; 12-29-12 at 23:14.

Old 12-30-12, 00:45   #13
OKStriple

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post
Yeah I agree Neander everyone always blames an outside source, it was most likely lack on knowledge and doing something improper. I dont care how cold it is, I have ridden in 20 degree weather and no issues with sliding as long as you are not gunning it right away.
What he said
I've ridden in the low 30's a few times, even riding a little spirited (not all out aggressive) and never had a tire slippage issue related to temps.
Any chance there was some gravel or oil at the intersection?

Old 12-30-12, 00:49   #14
tooblekain

Send a message via AIM to tooblekain

I had the exact same thing happen to me too...now I wear mtb knee and shin guards...best $25 I spent. Went down on the street (same situation) with them on...they did its job and the only thing hurt that day was my pride

What is The Clymb? Click on the link below and be prepared to be hooked:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/tooblekain

Old 01-02-13, 09:27   #15
Papachristou

hood aramid jeans for the win! idk why so many people wear jackets but not protective pants/boots. anyway, glad you made it mostly unharmed.
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Old 01-02-13, 13:53   #16
dabird

Send a message via Yahoo to dabird

Glad ur ok. Can't see you going down unless you gave it too much throttle, breaking the rear wheel free, while leaning for a turn. If that is what happened, the accident will be over before you realize that their was an accident. sounds exactly what happened to you. Live and learn. P.S. A low side is always better than a high side.

Old 01-02-13, 14:36   #17
jardineD675

Dam dude, u just got it crazy. Guess u won't be up for jammin this weekend, bummer. Let me know if u need any help.

Sent from my X10a using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 01-02-13, 17:11   #18
Pblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
This does not make sense, unless your tire ran over a patch of ice, oil or water spot. The bike just does not "get away" from you at super-slow speed for no good reason. Can't blame this on a cold road or tire, you were not moving that fast, lol.

Glad to hear you didn't suffer too much damage, hope the knee fares well!
To much lean angle with cold tires - ask me how I know. Same thing happened to me coming out of my driveway on my Husky 510SMR. If the tires are cold and the contact surface area is lowered enough while turning, they will lose their grip and the bike will slide out. When it happened to me I was going maybe 8mph and had just wheeled the bike out of the garage. I took the turn out of my driveway (dry road, maybe 40* F outside) at the same lean angle and trajectory as I have done hundreds of times in the past, and the tires simply lost traction. Now I take turns slowly and much more upright until my tires are warmed up sufficiently and have not had a problem since.

I was using Contiforce SM tires that were about 80% so it was definitely due to the fact that they had not softened up yet.
2007 Husky SMR 510 - Sold
2009 Kawie KLX 250 - Sold

Old 01-02-13, 18:01   #19
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pblood View Post
To much lean angle with cold tires - ask me how I know. Same thing happened to me coming out of my driveway on my Husky 510SMR. If the tires are cold and the contact surface area is lowered enough while turning, they will lose their grip and the bike will slide out. When it happened to me I was going maybe 8mph and had just wheeled the bike out of the garage. I took the turn out of my driveway (dry road, maybe 40* F outside) at the same lean angle and trajectory as I have done hundreds of times in the past, and the tires simply lost traction. Now I take turns slowly and much more upright until my tires are warmed up sufficiently and have not had a problem since.

I was using Contiforce SM tires that were about 80% so it was definitely due to the fact that they had not softened up yet.
Your story makes sense and is perfectly understandable. And more importantly, you figured out why it happened and learned from it. The OP wants to wantonly blame the road/tire temps without accepting that rider input ultimately had control.
Not a biggie, nearly all of us have hit the pavement for whatever reason, myself included. We become better/safer riders when we understand why things happen and not just blame it on bad karma.

Old 01-02-13, 20:36   #20
brp999

Doah! I thought you were in Roseville, Sydney, Australia...and was about to give you a deserved mouthful of ineptitude - it is summer here! lol

My understanding is that US car driver's attitude to bikes is the same as Australian car driver's - biker scum, give the biker in need a "horn full".

I lived in the UK for 6 years - drivers would have left their cars to assist you...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement