National Racing - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 Racing Forums > General Racing Discussions

General Racing Discussions Discussion area for any non 675 related racing (Moto GP, World Superbike, etc) & general race set up / questions.

Old 12-26-12, 00:24   #1
Rink675

Default National Racing

Does anyone happen to know if you wanted to visit another country for some racing if you would need anything other then your U.S. Passport? Also how does that work if you earn money by winning races with taxes and not being a citizen of that country?

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-12, 00:49   #2
Noodles

I think licensing requirements are different depending on sanctioning body where you go racing. Worst case scenario, you may have to get a FIM license as well as whatever insurance that goes with that. As far as taxes, I have no idea. Where are you planning to go racing?

Nuno!

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b294/Noodles_771/

Old 12-26-12, 12:59   #3
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
I think licensing requirements are different depending on sanctioning body where you go racing. Worst case scenario, you may have to get a FIM license as well as whatever insurance that goes with that. As far as taxes, I have no idea. Where are you planning to go racing?

Nuno!

Well I would like to do some racing in Canada to get my feet wet on the national side without having to spend 15k to go to the triumph triple challenge and get my butt kicked lol.

Or have to spend a ton of money for Spain or ect, just figured to start with Canada and work my way around after that.

Old 12-26-12, 23:40   #4
Noodles

Canadian National series is CSBK.ca. In your case, any valid (2013) US racing license (whatever sanctioned regional series you run down there) will do. You'll have to fax/email that to CSBK when you apply for a CSBK membership. As far as taxes, I don't know. A few US guys race up here (Michael Barnes, Dave Estok). All I know is that you get a cheque made out to you when you win purses.
For additional information please contact:
Alicia Brimo
Frontline CSBK Inc.
Tel. (416) 895-1393
alicia@csbk.ca

Good luck, looking fwd to hopefully seeing you up here.

Nuno!

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b294/Noodles_771/

Old 12-27-12, 10:26   #5
toronto675

Do not tell the border guards that you are a professional racer they will assume you are about to get a gran prix pay day . My friend got turned back at Detroit going to a wera regional because he told the customs agent he had a " pro" license . Then they wanted to see a work permit before he would be allowed in to USA .

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 01-06-13, 08:52   #6
Rink675

Cool thanks for the info, I will make my way up there for sure. I thought CSBK was the pro racing like the AMA equivalent or something but glad to know amateurs fall into that as well.

Old 01-07-13, 10:35   #7
priya

Default Electronic cigarette uk

I want to see that type of racing.I am very excited becoz before that i am not seen that racing ever..

Old 01-19-13, 21:35   #8
Rink675

If you could pick a place to go racing anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement