TuneECU - Maps Thread - Install - FAQ - Page 41 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > All Things Tuning

Old 12-26-12, 18:12   #401
Black_Daytona

I have just installed my tbr slip-on. This may sound stupid but how do I use the driver? I have downloaded this driver from tuneECU: Vers.2.08.14 (latest version?) Im running windows 7. Nothing happens when I plug the bike with the laptop. Please help!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-12, 20:40   #402
Elite CT.

Hey guys, looking for some info. I've been searching this thread but I can't seem to find what I'm lookin for. I have an 08 D675 SE. I have a K&N filter and I just ordered a comp werkes exhaust for it and I cant seem to find a tune for the 08. All the ones I find are 09 and later, anyone done one for this yet?? Also I'm seeing most tunes disable EXUP, is it recommended to remove it if its disabled or can it be left in?

Also power commander.... recommended???

Last edited by Elite CT.; 12-26-12 at 21:06.

Old 12-27-12, 10:20   #403
DGray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite CT. View Post
Hey guys, looking for some info. I've been searching this thread but I can't seem to find what I'm lookin for. I have an 08 D675 SE. I have a K&N filter and I just ordered a comp werkes exhaust for it and I cant seem to find a tune for the 08. All the ones I find are 09 and later, anyone done one for this yet?? Also I'm seeing most tunes disable EXUP, is it recommended to remove it if its disabled or can it be left in?

Also power commander.... recommended???

For EXUP valve, you can disable it and can be left in. The valve will stay open
after disabling it.

For power commander, if your tuner is good enough, you will not need it as tune ecu can do exactly the same.

Old 12-27-12, 12:23   #404
Elite CT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGray View Post
For EXUP valve, you can disable it and can be left in. The valve will stay open
after disabling it.

For power commander, if your tuner is good enough, you will not need it as tune ecu can do exactly the same.
Thanks DGray, are you sayin if I use a power commander I will NOT need to tune it after I do the exhaust and filter?

Old 12-27-12, 23:05   #405
Bamboo671

Send a message via Skype™ to Bamboo671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite CT. View Post
Thanks DGray, are you sayin if I use a power commander I will NOT need to tune it after I do the exhaust and filter?
Many have done an exhaust slip-on with filter change and just loaded either the TOR tune or the Arrow tune via TunECU. If you want a true custom tune then take it to a tuner with a PC and then transfer the tables to the TunECU tables. That way you have it saved in TunECU.

Old 01-08-13, 11:14   #406
Marcismo55

Edit: Nvm I got it.

Last edited by Marcismo55; 01-08-13 at 14:33.

Old 01-16-13, 22:47   #407
F86_NightSabre

Whoa! I am both cross eyed and brain dead after going through this thread. Big props to all for keeping this going. It has been the best place to find all the answers I was looking for.

Thank you!

Soon to be owner of a 2012 D675. My first supersport. REALLY stoked for it.

It's coming from the dealer with an arrow slip on. Does anyone have experience with dealers doing a tune on it if they're selling with the arrow already installed?

Is it unreasonable to ask about them removing the baffles and doing a tune on it before I take it?

Thanks!

Old 01-17-13, 14:31   #408
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F86_NightSabre View Post
Whoa! I am both cross eyed and brain dead after going through this thread. Big props to all for keeping this going. It has been the best place to find all the answers I was looking for.

Thank you!

Soon to be owner of a 2012 D675. My first supersport. REALLY stoked for it.

It's coming from the dealer with an arrow slip on. Does anyone have experience with dealers doing a tune on it if they're selling with the arrow already installed?

Is it unreasonable to ask about them removing the baffles and doing a tune on it before I take it?

Thanks!
It all depends on the dealer, you will find not many people know how to tune with TuneECU, but the pre made maps are pretty damn good for a street rider, I currently have the Arrow tune on my bike, with the exact same setup you will be having soon. It works just fine for me. Also they should be able to take the baffle out for you, if they charge they are just being dicks then, though you should be able to do it yourself, it is just a screw and it should pop out pretty easily, though some have had issues getting it out.

Old 01-18-13, 10:03   #409
F86_NightSabre

Thanks TWW,

I'll be finishing the paperwork this weekend. I'm going to ask them about these things. I expect them to just deflect the requests so I may end up doing it all myself anyway. I really want the baffles out though. At idle, I like the lower buzz it gives off rather than the stock whistle-ee sound.

Old 01-18-13, 12:30   #410
Marcismo55

Quote:
Originally Posted by F86_NightSabre View Post
Thanks TWW,

I'll be finishing the paperwork this weekend. I'm going to ask them about these things. I expect them to just deflect the requests so I may end up doing it all myself anyway. I really want the baffles out though. At idle, I like the lower buzz it gives off rather than the stock whistle-ee sound.
Do have them take the baffle out. It sounds amazing Then download TuneEcu and disable that EXUP valve and it will sound even better!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement