TuneECU - Maps Thread - Install - FAQ - Page 41 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
New Posts Faq / Help? XBOX Live Modifications Classifieds
   
Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > All Things Tuning

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-26-12, 18:12   #401
Black_Daytona
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have just installed my tbr slip-on. This may sound stupid but how do I use the driver? I have downloaded this driver from tuneECU: Vers.2.08.14 (latest version?) Im running windows 7. Nothing happens when I plug the bike with the laptop. Please help!!!!!!!
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-26-12, 20:40   #402
Elite CT.
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CT.
Posts: 211
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey guys, looking for some info. I've been searching this thread but I can't seem to find what I'm lookin for. I have an 08 D675 SE. I have a K&N filter and I just ordered a comp werkes exhaust for it and I cant seem to find a tune for the 08. All the ones I find are 09 and later, anyone done one for this yet?? Also I'm seeing most tunes disable EXUP, is it recommended to remove it if its disabled or can it be left in?

Also power commander.... recommended???

Last edited by Elite CT.; 12-26-12 at 21:06.
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 10:20   #403
DGray
Junior Member
 
DGray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite CT. View Post
Hey guys, looking for some info. I've been searching this thread but I can't seem to find what I'm lookin for. I have an 08 D675 SE. I have a K&N filter and I just ordered a comp werkes exhaust for it and I cant seem to find a tune for the 08. All the ones I find are 09 and later, anyone done one for this yet?? Also I'm seeing most tunes disable EXUP, is it recommended to remove it if its disabled or can it be left in?

Also power commander.... recommended???

For EXUP valve, you can disable it and can be left in. The valve will stay open
after disabling it.

For power commander, if your tuner is good enough, you will not need it as tune ecu can do exactly the same.
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 12:23   #404
Elite CT.
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CT.
Posts: 211
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGray View Post
For EXUP valve, you can disable it and can be left in. The valve will stay open
after disabling it.

For power commander, if your tuner is good enough, you will not need it as tune ecu can do exactly the same.
Thanks DGray, are you sayin if I use a power commander I will NOT need to tune it after I do the exhaust and filter?
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 23:05   #405
Bamboo671
Senior Member
 
Bamboo671's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Buckeye, Arizona
Posts: 3,013
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Bamboo671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite CT. View Post
Thanks DGray, are you sayin if I use a power commander I will NOT need to tune it after I do the exhaust and filter?
Many have done an exhaust slip-on with filter change and just loaded either the TOR tune or the Arrow tune via TunECU. If you want a true custom tune then take it to a tuner with a PC and then transfer the tables to the TunECU tables. That way you have it saved in TunECU.
__________________
1997 YZF100R/Thunderace - She committed suicide 15Mar07!
2008 Daytona 675 - She was murdered 30Jan13
2013 Daytona 675R - Sexy reincarnation 15Mar13!
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 11:14   #406
Marcismo55
Senior Member
 
Marcismo55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 1,091
Thanks: 46
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Edit: Nvm I got it.
__________________
CVMA # 240
'12 Daytona 675R
'07 Ninja ZX-6R- will miss her

Last edited by Marcismo55; 01-08-13 at 14:33.
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 22:47   #407
F86_NightSabre
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Whoa! I am both cross eyed and brain dead after going through this thread. Big props to all for keeping this going. It has been the best place to find all the answers I was looking for.

Thank you!

Soon to be owner of a 2012 D675. My first supersport. REALLY stoked for it.

It's coming from the dealer with an arrow slip on. Does anyone have experience with dealers doing a tune on it if they're selling with the arrow already installed?

Is it unreasonable to ask about them removing the baffles and doing a tune on it before I take it?

Thanks!
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 14:31   #408
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer
 
TwoWheeledWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: KC,MO
Posts: 10,700
Thanks: 53
Thanked 130 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F86_NightSabre View Post
Whoa! I am both cross eyed and brain dead after going through this thread. Big props to all for keeping this going. It has been the best place to find all the answers I was looking for.

Thank you!

Soon to be owner of a 2012 D675. My first supersport. REALLY stoked for it.

It's coming from the dealer with an arrow slip on. Does anyone have experience with dealers doing a tune on it if they're selling with the arrow already installed?

Is it unreasonable to ask about them removing the baffles and doing a tune on it before I take it?

Thanks!
It all depends on the dealer, you will find not many people know how to tune with TuneECU, but the pre made maps are pretty damn good for a street rider, I currently have the Arrow tune on my bike, with the exact same setup you will be having soon. It works just fine for me. Also they should be able to take the baffle out for you, if they charge they are just being dicks then, though you should be able to do it yourself, it is just a screw and it should pop out pretty easily, though some have had issues getting it out.
__________________
2010 TornadoRed D675
~
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 10:03   #409
F86_NightSabre
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks TWW,

I'll be finishing the paperwork this weekend. I'm going to ask them about these things. I expect them to just deflect the requests so I may end up doing it all myself anyway. I really want the baffles out though. At idle, I like the lower buzz it gives off rather than the stock whistle-ee sound.
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 12:30   #410
Marcismo55
Senior Member
 
Marcismo55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 1,091
Thanks: 46
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F86_NightSabre View Post
Thanks TWW,

I'll be finishing the paperwork this weekend. I'm going to ask them about these things. I expect them to just deflect the requests so I may end up doing it all myself anyway. I really want the baffles out though. At idle, I like the lower buzz it gives off rather than the stock whistle-ee sound.
Do have them take the baffle out. It sounds amazing Then download TuneEcu and disable that EXUP valve and it will sound even better!
__________________
CVMA # 240
'12 Daytona 675R
'07 Ninja ZX-6R- will miss her
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump





Forum SEO by Zoints
Copyright 2009 TRIUMPH675.NET Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum