Stupid Tune ECU question - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > All Things Tuning

Old 12-13-12, 10:11   #11
astat4

Are you new to TuneEcu? Did u install the driver on yur laptop that let's u read the usb cable?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-12, 16:30   #12
homer

Send a message via AIM to homer Send a message via Skype™ to homer

Here's a screen shot of a TuneECU example map on my crappy tuning laptop.

Notice the RPM limit on the left hand side next to other parameters such as the fan thermostat temp (c), speed adjust (%), and the intake flap activation RPM.

The reason why you might not be able to see a map is because you have to either open a map file, or import the map from the bike ECU to your computer. Opening the TuneECU program without selecting a map file from your computer or reading the ECU map file is like opening up a blank excel spreadsheet.

You also mentioned that the Parameters were grayed out on your screen. It could be because there's no map file loaded in the first place, but if you do have a map file open, they can also be grayed out because other areas of the map are selected. When the Parameters section is selected, it will allow you to edit them.

It's also worth mentioning that version 2.4.1 of TuneECU was just released this month. It hasn't been updated since March.

Before I updated to the new version of the software, I experienced an issue similar to what you mentioned., I wasn't able to edit the "Devices" menu (underneath the "Parameters"), in order to disable systems such as the air flap, exhaust valve, 02 sensor, SAI, etc. Basically, the "Devices" were grayed out for me, much the same way you said the "Parameters" were grayed out for you.

Disclaimer:
Don't pay any attention to the actual map. It's just a whole bunch of data from multiple files which I threw together in a single file to practice editing maps and copying data from one map table to another.

However, the "Parameters" are the same as what I run on my bike.. and since we're talking about the parameters, this is as good of a place as any to explain the way I have mine set up.

RPM Limit: 13,325 (I believe this is 500 rpm over stock)
Thermo Fan: 99c (Florida, city traffic. Helps keep temps from spiking. During the winter, I'll adjust it a few degrees lower so it blows warm air over my legs when riding in cooler weather)
Speedo Adjust: -7.9% (I have the stock gearing and tire size, but my speedo was about 10-12 mph fast from the factory. I calibrated it with a GPS speedometer to make it about as good as it could get.)
Intake Flap: 1000 RPM (I just wanted to keep it open most of the time except when it's idling. But I'm still experimenting with it)

Just out of curiosity, what are you looking to set your RPM limit to?

Homer

Old 12-20-12, 04:27   #13
Triumph Race Support

Homer, please for the sake of your wallet drop your rpm back down to stock. Upping the rpm limit is the worst thing you can do to one of these engines. Especially a stocker. I know many of you are going to say you've been doing this for ages.
Our race engines rev to 14,500 and thats with a lot of work done to them. I know some engines have gone up to 15,000 but they are refreshed every second race meeting.
Going back to the TuneECU question. Does your lead from laptop to bike have a LED light on it and does it flash. Thats the first sign comms are taking place between bike and laptop.

Old 12-22-12, 19:48   #14
DGray

Ok, hope someone can shed some light here. I have been using tune ecu way before I installed a power commander 3. Easy peasy. Just hook up with my laptop, wait a couple of seconds and viola! Its connected.

After installing the power commander, I have never tried to access to tune ecu until lately. Hooked up to the OBDII port, waited and waited AND WAITED; nothing. The program never connect to the ecu.

Do take note the bike is still connected to my power commander when I am doing this. Maybe I should take out the power commander; which is quite a pain?

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Old 12-22-12, 21:06   #15
astat4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGray View Post
Ok, hope someone can shed some light here. I have been using tune ecu way before I installed a power commander 3. Easy peasy. Just hook up with my laptop, wait a couple of seconds and viola! Its connected.

After installing the power commander, I have never tried to access to tune ecu until lately. Hooked up to the OBDII port, waited and waited AND WAITED; nothing. The program never connect to the ecu.

Do take note the bike is still connected to my power commander when I am doing this. Maybe I should take out the power commander; which is quite a pain?

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.
I'm pretty sure its the powercommnder. Disconnect it

Sent from my M660 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 12-27-12, 10:15   #16
DGray

Ok then. Will just try take out the power commander first. But I hope I cam transfer the custom tuned mapping to the tune ecu as what it says...

Old 12-27-12, 10:58   #17
astat4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGray View Post
Ok then. Will just try take out the power commander first. But I hope I cam transfer the custom tuned mapping to the tune ecu as what it says...

Transferring the pc map to tuneecu? Idk if u can do that..plus I think its 2 different file types. Might wanna get more info on that just to make sure.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement