tuneboy live maps - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > All Things Tuning

Old 08-21-12, 20:54   #11
Baba Zanetti

With a switch based quick shifter rod it looks a bit tricky to set it up,

Quote:
This speed shift function uses the sidestand switch as the trigger. This means the sidestand switch wire needs to have an extra switch put in line. This switch needs to cut the connection from the sidestand switch to the ECU when the gear lever has been lifted to take up the detent spring (the detent spring is the spring that returns the gear lever to the central position).

It is most important that the switch only cuts the connection just before the shift drum movement (after detent spring pressure has been taken up).
Is the Triumph race kit shifter switch based can you adjust the preload on the switch to achieve the condition described in the quote above?

I'm always wary of mechanical inputs to ECU controlled devices De-bouncing

I do have a Tuneboy key and cable and this has got me interested in their product again (was using TuneECU)
Most of the quick shifters are now strain gauge based, would be interesting to make a strain gauge based one so you can adjust the sensitivity, driving a transistor or solid state relay to cut the sidestand connection.

|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-12, 12:30   #12
mark

i thought of a strain gauge, but the price of them put me off. its looking like quite a easy job to use the shift rod/microswitch on a bracket.everything lines up nice, i will be mounting my switch tomorrow i will take some pics but i dont think i will get it tested out until next week. pics will follow.

Old 08-26-12, 05:02   #13
ryan00davis

Send a message via AIM to ryan00davis

this is interesting... if I have time, I'll try putting the 20400 map on my 07 tomorrow. If we can buy the triumph quickshifter that the newer daytonas have the option to plug into the ecu and we can just plug it into the kickstand plug, that would be great. I'm not seeing much info on their website though, where are you seeing that we can use the kickstand plug?

Last edited by ryan00davis; 08-27-12 at 14:39.

Old 08-27-12, 14:39   #14
ryan00davis

I played with it for a while yesterday using the 20400 live map. It is interesting that I was able to do the pull the clutch 5 times and watch the tach bounce to tell you what map you're on, but as far as I could tell, all you could do is fuel trim and ignition trim for teh second two options. It would be nice if i could put a whole new map in there so I could have multiple options and then do an A vs B at the track to compare before and after change.

While I couldn't find it on their website, a google search found me the howto doc (ms word): www.tuneboy.com.au/Support/LiveTuneEditDoc.php

I have a 2007 with jardine exhaust and otherwise stock engine. I found that this map was running a bit rich compared to my 20109 jardine map I had been using previously (didn't actually ride it, but it was spitting some gas out the back onto the wall in the parking lot). So, i went and manually edited the maps for 20400 to match the 20109 map (which was a pain, why cant I just copy and paste?) so that if I want to use the new features of live maps I can do so. But with this newly edited map, the pulling the clutch 5 times thing no longer made the tach jump and change maps (even though all the maps were the same, it did work with the stock map). maybe it just needed a few more restarts before that started kicking in again.

If someone else confirms that you can use the triumph quickshifter wired in line with the kickstand, I would gladly buy one, but im not sure I'm going to buy it and hope it works. It is also worth noting that I tried turning on launch control, with the default value of set to 4500 rpm, and for some reason this just made the engine keep dying, so im not sure what i was doing wrong there.

Old 08-28-12, 13:30   #15
mark

page 11 10/25
This speed shift function uses the sidestand switch as the trigger. This means the sidestand switch wire needs to have an extra switch put in line. This switch needs to cut the connection from the sidestand switch to the ECU when the gear lever has been lifted to take up the detent spring (the detent spring is the spring that returns the gear lever to the central position).

It is most important that the switch only cuts the connection just before the shift drum movement (after detent spring pressure has been taken up).

This is the point that your normal shifting would be stopped if you try to shift while the motor is applying load through the gearbox.

The code in the ECU still protects you from riding away with the sidestand down.
We do this by making the sidestand switch work in the normal way until the bike speed reaches 20 kph. After 20 kph has been reached, the sidestand switch acts as a speed shifter.

Setting the minimum throttle position, RPM and kill-times for speed shifting is done in the TuneEdit program from the Tune Constants menu.

Damage can still occur if shifting is not done in a positive manner.
You need to download to the ECU for any change to take effect.

We have also added a feature to protect the gearbox during full throttle shifts. This feature retards the ignition for a short time after the fuel kill. This allows the slack in the gearbox to be taken up without full power. This protects the gearbox from damage that can occur with this type of shifting.

Old 08-28-12, 13:56   #16
ryan00davis

yeah, I saw that section, but I'm guessing that most of the quick shifters out there are not normally closed switches that open when activated. It would be much more likely that those are normally open and close when activated, but realistically, i'm guessing those are somewhat analog and they either activate a resistance or voltage.

If they are just normally open and we need them to be normally closed, that could pretty easily be solved with a relay, but if it's an analog signal of some kind, it would be much more difficult to do. If anybody has any ideas, im listening.

But even for the cost of the new triumph quickshifter, i would just buy a bazzaz kit rather than try to get this to work, if we could get something cheap like the power commander quick shifter, it might be worth the effort.

Old 12-27-12, 10:10   #17
mark

right guys, got a bit of spare time and got this set up to work. i made a plate to mount behind the shiftrod using the healplate mount bolt holes. i fixed a microswitch to the plate, i turned a olive with a tapped hole in the side of it and slid this over the shiftrod. it is easyer to adjust the olive up and down the rod than to move the switch. you then need to break into the cable that comes from the sidestand it is a round plug just under the tank. i also bought a used triumph quickshifter but couldnt get it to work. the triumph item that i have is a gp shift, not sure if this matters but it needs to be closed all the time then open when pulled, the triumph unit is open all the time then then closed to shift. it would be poss to reverse this with a relay set up as the previous post said

Old 01-06-13, 17:38   #18
Smoke

Interested, curious to see more

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35

Sponsored Links
Advertisement