Very talented but I still can't respect him... - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Digital Media Forum > Video media > Motorcycle Related Videos

Old 12-25-12, 04:52   #21
firedude
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8TR View Post
Ask and you shall receive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6X_en-BlJU

And he is wearing proper gear, so this should be suitable for impressionable young children to watch.
It sucks trying to use a Triumph for stunting. Cel675 is doing a daytona stunt build. When I thought about turning my 675 into a stunt bike and realized all the custom parts I was gonna need vs the japanese bikes that stunt parts are readily available for I just picked up an F4I for 1500 bucks and beat the hell out of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-12, 13:11   #22
Cel675

The op and anyone who agrees obviously has no idea what it takes to learn these tricks.

Who cares we destroy our motorcycles with our custom parts that costs 1000s on top of thousands to equip our bikes with.
I bought a brand new triumph to destroy. U mad bra??
I've done the same thing with plenty of minty bikes over the years.
Who cares???

Honestly think of all the squids at bike nights who claim they can ride, and their ideal of riding is doing 1oomph wheelie, or bending a corner on a local freeway at 150 touching knee.

If you think for a second your doing something on a street bike that these guys can't learn or do your wrong..

As for his pants, can u afford 125$ pair of pants to destroy?

Ignorance at its finest.

Old 12-25-12, 13:12   #23
Cel675

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedude View Post
It sucks trying to use a Triumph for stunting. Cel675 is doing a daytona stunt build. When I thought about turning my 675 into a stunt bike and realized all the custom parts I was gonna need vs the japanese bikes that stunt parts are readily available for I just picked up an F4I for 1500 bucks and beat the hell out of it.
After my bike is done
Badass industries and Zeus at powerhouse performance will have just about any part you will need.

Old 12-25-12, 16:25   #24
Sammy901

Stunters are an easy target to hate on....12 years ago I used to hang out with a Tampa based stunt group (Evasive Actions) and the shit they used to do can't be compared to the low speed professional stuff that is the norm now. The guys I knew had nowhere the skills on the modern stunters. After I moved on (>2003) and starting doing track days I hated on stunters for a few years. Now I just find them amusing and can appreciate the skill and as long as they are not doing 100mph stand up wheelies down the highway and running from the cops. I could care less what they ride or what they wear. Supposedly the chick in the photos (Maryann) hooked up with some Orlando Magic player that she met working at Hooters (I kid you not) and leeched off him for a few years.

Old 12-26-12, 00:29   #25
firedude
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cel675 View Post
The op and anyone who agrees obviously has no idea what it takes to learn these tricks.
learning how to do a slow wheelie (STILL LEARNING ) has given me more frustration and bruises than I care to remember. I honestly gotta say it's easier to take my daytona around a racetrack than it is to learn how to hold the damn balance point at 5mph.

Old 12-26-12, 02:00   #26
MacBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cel675 View Post
The op and anyone who agrees obviously has no idea what it takes to learn these tricks.....
You clearly misread my post. I stated quite clearly in the first line and the title that he was clearly very talented. I know he is for a fact. There's just something in me that keeps me from respecting these people. I think it's the association with the ass hats that stunt on public streets.

Old 12-26-12, 02:02   #27
MacBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8TR View Post
Ask and you shall receive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6X_en-BlJU

And he is wearing proper gear, so this should be suitable for impressionable young children to watch.
Thanks. I'm very familiar with that video. Saw it before I bought my Street back in '08. It's cool to see someone stunt on a Triumph but also painful to watch someone destroy such a nice bike. Let them use the Japanese bikes for throw away toys.

Old 12-26-12, 02:30   #28
firedude
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
Thanks. I'm very familiar with that video. Saw it before I bought my Street back in '08. It's cool to see someone stunt on a Triumph but also painful to watch someone destroy such a nice bike. Let them use the Japanese bikes for throw away toys.
At what poing is he destroying that bike? I'd say his bike looks pretty nice.

Seen plenty of destroyed Triumphs on this forum, the least which came from doing stunts.

Besides the lack of stunt parts for the 675, I think it's a superior choice to do stunts with it.
-Engine has better power delivery compared to Japanese 600's
-Superior build quality
-The uniqueness of owning a Triumph

Old 12-26-12, 02:59   #29
MacBandit

No he didn't in the video but part of stunting is practicing which involves wrecking over and over until you get it right. Also no matter how much oil you put in that motor running it vertical is going to cause oil starvation.

Old 12-26-12, 04:00   #30
firedude
BOTM Winner

Practicing stunting is just as dangerous for the bike as riding on a track if not more IMO. Yes, doing stunts the bike is going to hit the ground a lot, but that's why you put a cage, subcage, sliders, oil pickup mod to eliminate starving the engine of oil, etc... and it's also why most people start out on some pretty beat up bikes before buying a nice machine once you're confident enough to perform stunts knowing you're not going to crash every time you try to do something. Kind of like how some people buy cheaper track bikes before moving on to nicer ones like a Triumph.

Yea, you are gonna scratch it, dent it, and break stuff off of it. How is it different from lowsiding at the track?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement