Dainese vs A Star - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Riding Gear Review and debate everything from helmets to tank bags. If it fits on you or the bike, discuss it here.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 Old 12-18-12, 16:57 Thread Starter
Rink675
Senior Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
Rink675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 904
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Well I use dainese suits because of the quality and IMO they have the better looking suits. I was going to get some dainese gloves, but my roomate has a pair (don't remember what model) and I didn't quite liked the way the felt. Maybe because they were still semi new and stiff, idk. Then I got a nice deal on a pair of held from a friend. And I love the way the feel, super comfortable. And like I said 3 crashes later they are now ready to be replaced only because the stitching between the one of the fingers is coming loose. I guess I can get them stitched back on but I really want the phantoms . Plus the quality of their materials is outstanding. I do use however dainese boots.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

What about boots? Hopefully tomorrow I can make it over to one of the Ducati dealerships and see if they have any of the Dainese gear I want to try on.



2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike
Rink675 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 39 Old 12-18-12, 17:17
speedfreak
Member
 
speedfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: dallas tx
Posts: 174
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I use Dainese torque out boots. The only bad thing that I can say about them is the the zipper on the back it gets uncomfortable after a few sessions in, but only on my right calf.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
speedfreak is offline  
post #23 of 39 Old 12-18-12, 17:19
Gerard7AA
Junior Member
 
Gerard7AA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Both good

I've seen and heard this question asked before.
I even asked it myself..
I've used A Star, and Dainese.
I had a one piece dainese that felt solid (material wise) .... Thing was that on top shoulders felt great but on bottom legs felt saggy...
If that suit would have fit ok, i would have kept it, but I sold it for lack of fit.


I went onto an A Stars 2 piece. Jacket sized accordingly, and pants sized accordingly as well. The material of the A-Stars felt a bit thinner...

I stayed with A-stars because I like the fit, and because of their progressive, sporty designs.. Dainese designs don't inspire much in me.

As for gloves I currently use A-stars and Knoxx HAndroid gloves.. The A stars fit me like a glove ,,,,, DUH!!. As for boots I have always used SIDI, weather they were low end or top tier... I just like the way they look...

I'm sure you will find what you are looking for,,... good luck
Gerard7AA is offline  
post #24 of 39 Old 12-18-12, 19:58 Thread Starter
Rink675
Senior Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
Rink675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 904
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
I use Dainese torque out boots. The only bad thing that I can say about them is the the zipper on the back it gets uncomfortable after a few sessions in, but only on my right calf.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Ah gotcha, kinda weird it's only one side?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard7AA View Post
I've seen and heard this question asked before.
I even asked it myself..
I've used A Star, and Dainese.
I had a one piece dainese that felt solid (material wise) .... Thing was that on top shoulders felt great but on bottom legs felt saggy...
If that suit would have fit ok, i would have kept it, but I sold it for lack of fit.


I went onto an A Stars 2 piece. Jacket sized accordingly, and pants sized accordingly as well. The material of the A-Stars felt a bit thinner...

I stayed with A-stars because I like the fit, and because of their progressive, sporty designs.. Dainese designs don't inspire much in me.

As for gloves I currently use A-stars and Knoxx HAndroid gloves.. The A stars fit me like a glove ,,,,, DUH!!. As for boots I have always used SIDI, weather they were low end or top tier... I just like the way they look...

I'm sure you will find what you are looking for,,... good luck

Thanks for the insight, were the legs loose to where you thought the suit wouldn't hold up in a crash since it wasn't tighter on your legs or just comfort level?



2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike
Rink675 is offline  
post #25 of 39 Old 12-18-12, 20:08
Gerard7AA
Junior Member
 
Gerard7AA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rink675 View Post
Ah gotcha, kinda weird it's only one side?





Thanks for the insight, were the legs loose to where you thought the suit wouldn't hold up in a crash since it wasn't tighter on your legs or just comfort level?

I have a v Shaped body. Broad shoulders, thin legs...
It was just uncomfortable with all that play..
I think it would have definitely held up on a crash...
This was back in 2006 the suit was made in Italy... Can't speak of newer Dainese though.
Gerard7AA is offline  
post #26 of 39 Old 12-18-12, 20:10 Thread Starter
Rink675
Senior Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
Rink675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 904
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard7AA View Post
I have a v Shaped body. Broad shoulders, thin legs...
It was just uncomfortable with all that play..
I think it would have definitely held up on a crash...
This was back in 2006 the suit was made in Italy... Can't speak of newer Dainese though.

Well start pumping out squats dude!! lol

Thanks again for the input!



2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike
Rink675 is offline  
post #27 of 39 Old 12-19-12, 00:40
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer
 
TwoWheeledWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: KC,MO
Posts: 11,988
Thanks: 66
Thanked 232 Times in 176 Posts
For boots, I love my Pumas, Desmos are great for commuting and the 1000s are great race boots. Super comfy, especially if you have thin feet like mine.

Plus they look great.

2010 TornadoRed D675 Trackbike
~
TwoWheeledWonder is offline  
post #28 of 39 Old 12-19-12, 01:22 Thread Starter
Rink675
Senior Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
Rink675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 904
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post
For boots, I love my Pumas, Desmos are great for commuting and the 1000s are great race boots. Super comfy, especially if you have thin feet like mine.

Plus they look great.

Cool, I will look into those!



2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike
Rink675 is offline  
post #29 of 39 Old 01-10-13, 12:21
Jason P.
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dracut
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ive never really owned Dainese but a bunch of my friends do and they look tip top!

I do own several A* and I must say that theyre quality have gone down the Sh!t hole as of late. looking into going back to Teknic or Dainese.
Jason P. is offline  
post #30 of 39 Old 01-10-13, 13:41
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner
 
shouldnthave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,289
Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
All my gear is Dainese less my gloves, those are Held Titans. I have a few pairs of the Dainese gloves, but I don't wear them on the track anymore. They are super nice, but I don't feel they give the level of protection I want, so I switched to the Held.

My suit is the Aero Evo P, and I love it. It fits my body type very well, but I'm taller than you by 5" so I can't say if it will fit you well. My boots are the Torque RS and I love them too. They are very light, but offer great protection. If you have a wide foot, they might not fit well. I hear the SIDI boots are better for wide feet. Hell, even my back protector is the Dainese Wave Con.

While we are on the subject of gear, my helmet is the NEXX full carbon. I have yet to find a better track helmet. The view angle is huge, and it's so light on the noodle.

All my gear is crash proven, and it held up fantastically. I hope you find something that fits you well.

675R dedicated track bike.

My Girl: http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76881
shouldnthave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph675.Net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome