Dainese vs A Star - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Riding Gear

Riding Gear Review and debate everything from helmets to tank bags. If it fits on you or the bike, discuss it here.

Old 12-17-12, 16:05   #11
Jasoncor

You can always take a road trip to the Chicago suburbs. There is a dainese store in Schaumburg, Il.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-12, 16:28   #12
speedfreak

I am a big dainese fan. I currently own a dainese Laguna seca suit that I bought used off Craigslist. The guy had crashed on it once but was still perfectly fine Just scratches. I crashed on it twice already and got an inch and a half tear on my right shoulder on the second crash (90+ mph) is where the shoulder protector is located so I keep riding in it since the rest of the suit is still in one piece. The next suit I get is definitely going to be a dainese. Gloves I stick with held for their rep. My held loves have also outlasted 3 crashes

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 12-17-12, 16:44   #13
Neanderthal

^ Even Held outsources many of it's products to China. From the last articles I've read, the outsourced stuff finds it's way back to Germany for final inspection.

Held products are awesome, I don't care if they were made in BFE.

Old 12-17-12, 17:52   #14
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
I am a big dainese fan. I currently own a dainese Laguna seca suit that I bought used off Craigslist. The guy had crashed on it once but was still perfectly fine Just scratches. I crashed on it twice already and got an inch and a half tear on my right shoulder on the second crash (90+ mph) is where the shoulder protector is located so I keep riding in it since the rest of the suit is still in one piece. The next suit I get is definitely going to be a dainese. Gloves I stick with held for their rep. My held loves have also outlasted 3 crashes

Any specific reason why you don't use Dainese gloves? I just feel weird using 3 different brands for some reason.....maybe it's just the uniformity that stuck with me after the military.

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Old 12-18-12, 02:25   #15
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwu12 View Post
just a FYI, RS Taichi jackets are not made of the same japanese cowhide as their high end suits, nor are they made in Japan, but rather, they're made of brazilian cowhide from their factory in China. I, too, wanted a RS jacket to match my suit, but once I heard what it was made of, and from where, I passed
99% of the stuff you wear is made in China, and brazilian cowhide. Nothing wrong with that. They are still great quality jackets and will still be my next choice in gear if their jackets fit me, they run weird in size since they go off Japan sized people haha

Old 12-18-12, 03:24   #16
Moeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post
99% of the stuff you wear is made in China, and brazilian cowhide. Nothing wrong with that. They are still great quality jackets and will still be my next choice in gear if their jackets fit me, they run weird in size since they go off Japan sized people haha
They are kind of weird but not really hard to match your size For example a Large US 44 would be a 46 Japanese / XL US 46 would be 56 / XxL US 48 would be 58 Japanese what you want to consider is the waist line type of jacket you prefer

A thin waist line that is right at the edge of your pants line kind like the Dianese style cut Would be the J826 But if you want .a jacket that pass that line with a few inches ie would reach pass the top portion of pants belt for example would be the GMX Motion or the T- Raps ( jacket with 2 Air bags ) you can check them all with videos at sportbiketrackgear

Old 12-18-12, 06:55   #17
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Cool thanks Moe. I will probably get a new jacket next year after the season, my Icon Overlord is still in great shape. Though it needs a bath really bad lol

I just love the RS style, and of course their top suits are amazing. I forget who it was that wrecked in one doing 100+ and slid on his back down a straightaway and the suit was hardly even worn.

Old 12-18-12, 09:43   #18
speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rink675 View Post
Any specific reason why you don't use Dainese gloves? I just feel weird using 3 different brands for some reason.....maybe it's just the uniformity that stuck with me after the military.
Well I use dainese suits because of the quality and IMO they have the better looking suits. I was going to get some dainese gloves, but my roomate has a pair (don't remember what model) and I didn't quite liked the way the felt. Maybe because they were still semi new and stiff, idk. Then I got a nice deal on a pair of held from a friend. And I love the way the feel, super comfortable. And like I said 3 crashes later they are now ready to be replaced only because the stitching between the one of the fingers is coming loose. I guess I can get them stitched back on but I really want the phantoms . Plus the quality of their materials is outstanding. I do use however dainese boots.

Old 12-18-12, 11:39   #19
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post
Cool thanks Moe. I will probably get a new jacket next year after the season, my Icon Overlord is still in great shape. Though it needs a bath really bad lol

I just love the RS style, and of course their top suits are amazing. I forget who it was that wrecked in one doing 100+ and slid on his back down a straightaway and the suit was hardly even worn.
Stu,
You're body shape would have zero issues with RST. I, on the other hand, have to bust my ass to keep the weight down and if I gain too much I quickly get "out of fit" for my RST.

Danny Eslick crashed at the Daytona race @ 190 mph. The jacket is on display at Motoliberty Dallas. It looks in good shape still!

Old 12-18-12, 12:43   #20
Moeman

Twowheeled
You are quite welcome

Sponsored Links
Advertisement