Tired of winter already! - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Off Topic > Stuff of interest

Stuff of interest General Off-Topic topics - anything that's on your mind. Please read the rules before posting

Old 12-13-12, 09:53   #21
astat4

Oh how I love living in south texas :) we had a Cold front for about 4 days the coldest it got was like 45. Avg weather temp here is like 94-97.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-12, 10:26   #22
stickem189

There is no way i could ride year round if i lived in texas. I would die without ac on me for the two or three really hot months. I enjoy snow and some other things the winter brings like ice fishing but not being able to ride really blows. I winterized the bike yesterday and it was upsetting. We got 14 inches of snow last week and that ended my riding.

Im looking into moving semi south after I graduate in may. Looking at colorado, northern arizona, north carolina, or virginia. The gf is attending grad school and is smart enough to go any where she wants so moving south for four years while she does masters and dr will be a nice change up.

Old 12-13-12, 10:36   #23
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickem189 View Post
There is no way i could ride year round if i lived in texas. I would die without ac on me for the two or three really hot months. I enjoy snow and some other things the winter brings like ice fishing but not being able to ride really blows. I winterized the bike yesterday and it was upsetting. We got 14 inches of snow last week and that ended my riding.

Im looking into moving semi south after I graduate in may. Looking at colorado, northern arizona, north carolina, or virginia. The gf is attending grad school and is smart enough to go any where she wants so moving south for four years while she does masters and dr will be a nice change up.

Out of those I would have to say CO, although your bike will feel like a dog with the elevation change so you may have to get a liter bike lol

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Old 12-13-12, 10:45   #24
stickem189

my vote is co as well. close to some of the best skiing in the world and still warm enough to not hate my life for 8 months out of the year.

There is a great school and hospital in fort collins I think. Thats one school that the gf is looking at.

Old 12-13-12, 10:59   #25
Hokie

Luckily, now that I moved to Seattle, it doesn't really dip down below 40 much. And there's only like 1 or 2 days of snow per year. So, even though it's further north than CT, it's year round riding.

Old 12-13-12, 12:54   #26
Torchsport

Location: 90 miles from Brainerd International Raceway, Minnesota

The older I get, the less I can tolerate this crap.
16" of it last saturday...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-09_14-09-16_912.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	34394  
'01 Yamaha YZ250 (Dirty beast)

Old 12-13-12, 22:40   #27
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickem189 View Post
my vote is co as well. close to some of the best skiing in the world and still warm enough to not hate my life for 8 months out of the year.

There is a great school and hospital in fort collins I think. Thats one school that the gf is looking at.
Yeah I have a buddy that lives in Denver and he loves it! He wanted me to move there after the military with him but there still isn't year round riding there so I opted not to go there with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchsport View Post
The older I get, the less I can tolerate this crap.
16" of it last saturday...

Yea man I got quite the culture shock, I knew the first year I would be back here for winter would be the time when the snow really kicks in.

I have someone coming to pick up the D675 on the 21st and I am moving back to CA and racing an 2009 R1 in the AFM club. Feel free to meet me out there sometime lol.

Old 01-13-13, 00:24   #28
purpletriumph

take a road trip south

Old 01-13-13, 01:51   #29
TRMN8TR

I'm taking a trip south in March, but it's not enough. I would move south in a heartbeat if it wasn't for my job. My parents, bro, and some other family live in Florida and that's where I'd like to be. If only I could find a job paying half what I make now.

Old 01-15-13, 08:54   #30
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8TR View Post
I'm taking a trip south in March, but it's not enough. I would move south in a heartbeat if it wasn't for my job. My parents, bro, and some other family live in Florida and that's where I'd like to be. If only I could find a job paying half what I make now.

I had a good job working for the railroad out in CA after the military but after driving a 1000mi each week for 3 months I just got tired of the job and the work was only getting further away....

The gift and the curse of having a nice job lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement