Which brand suspension - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > All Things Suspension

Old 12-13-12, 12:50   #11
RidersDiscount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rink675 View Post
He said that the Ohlins was giving better feedback through the whole range of the suspension while the others were feeling very vague towards the bottom of the stroke.

The feel of the Ohlins is much more improved and profound is what I got out of what was said.
You are correct

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-12, 06:25   #12
Rink675

I saw that 09 R1 you guys built on the facebook page.....that thing is freaking sweeeeeeet! I don't have 40k to buy it but I will say if you gave it to me I could at least pay the shipping lol.

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Old 12-14-12, 10:57   #13
RidersDiscount

Here's the full build thread. It was a fun one (but not quite as fun as our 675)

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286429

Old 12-14-12, 21:18   #14
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidersDiscount View Post
Here's the full build thread. It was a fun one (but not quite as fun as our 675)

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286429

Wow now I can see why the bike costs so much to build, there is a lot of work that goes into those AMA level bikes!

Old 12-15-12, 09:46   #15
RidersDiscount

Lot's of research went into that one as well. Had to find a company that could modify the frame "properly", talk to the right people on the stacks and head work, which one of the links to run, which offset to go with on the clamps, which tank to get, and a bunch of other things.

Definitely a fun project

Old 12-17-12, 15:24   #16
gte604j

I currently run AK-20's front cartridges I have heard that the AK-gas's can be a bit vague, and I know one guy that switched back to AK-20's from the AK-gas's. For me being a club racer I would probably stick with the AK's, they are a lot easier to setup and don't need to be messed with as much as the Ohlins cartridges from my understanding. Plus I know everyone complains about the 30mm kit being a pain for setup compared to the 25mm kit.

For the rear I switched to a JRi from a Penske. I demoed the a shock the beginning of January and I really was surprised how quickly I could get the thing dialed in, within 3 sessions I had better feel for the rear and it definitely seemed to help with my drive out of the corners. I know that I would be able to get the Penske setup just as well, but Tim from JRi is at a lot of the WERA events in the Southeast so I know I could get direct support from the manufacturer whenever I needed it.

I buy what I know I can get support for, my shop is quite happy with Traxxion and having them built up the road is good for my conscious. If the shop I dealt with setup Ohlins or K-tech or GP then I would use one of those I'm sure.

Old 12-20-12, 23:10   #17
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by gte604j View Post
I currently run AK-20's front cartridges I have heard that the AK-gas's can be a bit vague, and I know one guy that switched back to AK-20's from the AK-gas's. For me being a club racer I would probably stick with the AK's, they are a lot easier to setup and don't need to be messed with as much as the Ohlins cartridges from my understanding. Plus I know everyone complains about the 30mm kit being a pain for setup compared to the 25mm kit.

For the rear I switched to a JRi from a Penske. I demoed the a shock the beginning of January and I really was surprised how quickly I could get the thing dialed in, within 3 sessions I had better feel for the rear and it definitely seemed to help with my drive out of the corners. I know that I would be able to get the Penske setup just as well, but Tim from JRi is at a lot of the WERA events in the Southeast so I know I could get direct support from the manufacturer whenever I needed it.

I buy what I know I can get support for, my shop is quite happy with Traxxion and having them built up the road is good for my conscious. If the shop I dealt with setup Ohlins or K-tech or GP then I would use one of those I'm sure.

That makes sense, having support for what you buy is always a big benefit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement