Won't rev over 8000rpm - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Maintenance and repair > Repair/Troubleshooting

Old 12-12-12, 04:40   #21
Nokesey

Still no luck. I've even swapped complete fuel tank units with my wife's Street Triple to completely rule out this area. Tomorrow I will resort to taking it to my dealer. I don't have high hopes of them but at least they have a diagnostic unit and I can rule out error codes that are seen using that tool.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-12, 11:38   #22
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Like MadMel said, you can check the error codes yourself with a laptop, a $10 ODBII cable and TuneECU, or a $15 bluetooth OBDII tool and the Torque app running on an Android device. It may save you some money you'll be out by taking it to the dealership.

Trinity's Build Thread

Old 12-12-12, 19:22   #23
Polystigma

If you own a PC computer, buy this cable.

http://www.amazon.com/OBD2-Diagnosti...ds=obd+2+cable

I ordered one a month ago, and can confirm it works. All you have to do is update the chipset contained within the cable with the current FTDI driver. 5 minutes work to update really.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

Next download the freeware program TuneECU. Read the short, but concise users guide.

http://www.tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/links.html

Profit!

I was able to balance my throttle bodies, check for error codes, and remap my ECU to the most current Arrow Low map. It was truly a breeze to utilize the software. Biggest inconvenience was having to drag my desktop PC to my garage, since I don't own a laptop.

Old 12-13-12, 03:49   #24
Nokesey

Who would have thought a crash could have interfered with an ECU map. It doesn't make sense to me but I can't argue with the facts. The 3 TuneBoy maps in my ECU were stuffed. I've loaded an available map for a set of slip-on pipes and problem solved. It now revs normally. Now I have to follow the advice shared to load a more appropriate tune for my bike. Thanks for all the assistance shared.

Old 12-13-12, 09:34   #25
Ruby Racing
BOTM Winner

Bizarre! But glad you got it sorted. Thanks for the update.

To read about the transformation click > Project Trixie Transformation

For comparison photo of old R/R with new improved R/R under recall of 2012 click > R/R Comparison Photos

Old 12-13-12, 10:04   #26
astat4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMel View Post
TuneECU is your friend. Search the forum for the scoop. Another option (if you have an Android phone or tablet) is Torque OBD. It's pretty slick.

How does that work? Well how do u connect the app to the bike?

Old 12-13-12, 12:10   #27
MacBandit

Smoke you got the closest.

I've always been wary about these new custom throttle maps that TuneBoy is making.

Old 12-13-12, 14:27   #28
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by astat4 View Post
How does that work? Well how do u connect the app to the bike?
You install the Torque app on your phone from the Play store. You connect this: http://www.amazon.com/Yongtek-Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Scanner-Wireless/... to your OBD2 port (under your seat). You then pair the scanner tool with your Android device (password is usually something like 1234). Open Torque and set it up for your bike. Go to the app's "Check Codes" section if you're looking to see what the CEL code you're getting is. The app does a lot more than that. For a demo and more info, there's a thread on this forum about it here: Android Torque

Trinity's Build Thread

Sponsored Links
Advertisement