2013 daytona model, let down? - Page 6 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 12-13-12, 00:11   #51
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post
I bet the more people start seeing these in person the more people will start liking them. I definitely am going to check one out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-12, 04:48   #52
Goldy

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaussiegrown View Post
I just don't intent on selling mine. I bought mine because when I first saw a leaked photo on it I was sold. I went to the dealer the next day and put a down payment on it.

I like that they have tried this new look. They well only improve on it in years to come.

My bike is my gem, I don't care if someone had a new model that performs better. I still wake up, look into the garage and smile everytime I see my bike. Honestly I will never need the better engine. My skill level isn't at that point to notice.

The projectors would have been great if the changed them to retrofit.

Get on your bike and ride. All the other shit just fades away.
Kind of how I feel when I first saw a

I was but at the time I was a poor apprentice and didnt have 2 dimes to rub together

A decade on I saw

I had to have one and its a keeper, the new models hasnt the same effect, my 2008 675 is a keeper so when I grow old I can drink beer and just look at it.

Last edited by Goldy; 12-13-12 at 05:04.

Old 12-13-12, 11:30   #53
kevinoneill

Old 12-13-12, 13:05   #54
TRMN8TR

I don't care what the haters say, I love it! I don't care what other bike they think it looks like, or whatever, I think it's pretty sick! My one complaint/suggestion if I were going to make one, is that the whole side fairing should be one color. On that pic just posted, ditch the black lower and make it all red.

Otherwise....

Old 12-13-12, 13:10   #55
Knolly
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8TR View Post
I don't care what the haters say, I love it! I don't care what other bike they think it looks like, or whatever, I think it's pretty sick! My one complaint/suggestion if I were going to make one, is that the whole side fairing should be one color. On that pic just posted, ditch the black lower and make it all red.
Agreed, I think the black bellypan only really works with the R color scheme. The silver around the headlights doesn't do it for me either, but I think with a reworked paint scheme they'd look great.

Old 12-13-12, 13:22   #56
apbt4life

it has grown on me a quite a bit, the only 2 problems i have are the ugly tail and the sub frame. older sub frame and tail were so sexy and sleek and smooth. new tail is like a wannabe r6 tail and the subframe looks sloppy and thick=/..but even with those cons i feel there is more pros then cons to allow me to still get the new daytona!

Old 12-13-12, 13:28   #57
TRMN8TR

I even think the subframe is cool. It's more of a cast piece vs. a welded and fabbed tubular piece. I love the attention to details...even the hardware used to mount the subframe is sexy!

Old 12-13-12, 13:35   #58
tooblekain

Send a message via AIM to tooblekain

Im not gonna lie...the look is kinda growing on me. However moreso, I would REALLY REALLY like to ride one to get a comparison of my once owned 2006 to this new gen to see if the engineering design changes are of difference.

If ANYONE is doing a trackday at Chuckwalla with SoCal Trackdays or Trackdaz PLEASE let me know and PLEASE let me ride it. I will let you ride my Ninja 250 race bike in exchange. All I want is 2-3 sessions. In return I will do a really good unbiased detail review of it like I have with my tire reviews of the past.

What is The Clymb? Click on the link below and be prepared to be hooked:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/tooblekain

Old 12-13-12, 13:41   #59
tooblekain

Send a message via AIM to tooblekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
Kind of how I feel when I first saw a

I was but at the time I was a poor apprentice and didnt have 2 dimes to rub together

A decade on I saw

I had to have one and its a keeper, the new models hasnt the same effect, my 2008 675 is a keeper so when I grow old I can drink beer and just look at it.

I had the EXACT same thoughts when I first laid eyes. I was dreaming every day of getting one.

Prior to that for years I wanted a Daytona 595...then the Daytona 600, Then the Daytona 650...but couldnt have one because I was still in college. When I was months from graduating college in 2005 I went into a Triumph dealership and didn't see anymore Daytona 650s. The sales rep said "Wait a few more months...I think you will be presently surprised." Sure enough, the D675 came out....it was truly love at first sight and I had to have one.

After a few months out of college and finally landing a job, I bought my 2006 right away. It went through hell and back until its final demise on April 21 2012 where I had a wicked crash. My D675 had a great life. It will always be my first bike....and the bike I took from newbie riding all the way to racing. And I plan on having another one eventually as a track only bike.

What is The Clymb? Click on the link below and be prepared to be hooked:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/tooblekain

Old 12-13-12, 13:45   #60
Papachristou

i miss the DAYTONA across the bottom. the technical improvments are welcome but the lines just arent what we are used to .

at the end of the day, we can all bicker/discuss what we like/what we dont like but if it sells, it's here to stay, if it doesnt sell....... they will probably revise it quickly.
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement