MOKANAR (mo-ok-kan-ar) - Page 51 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > North America > MOKANAR

Old 12-12-12, 20:21   #501
noclue90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post

Sorry man could not help....
What sports car did you have before, wait dont answer that as i am sure i will have to correct you being you more than likley had a sporty car
Saleen. Does that count?

Ardell,
I will hear from the seller tomorrow a final word on price. Thanks for showing me so I spend more money than I already have for Christmas...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-12, 20:35   #502
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue90 View Post
No luck as that stuff didnt meet reserve. I did email the seller and ask what the reserve was and maybe I can buy it from them that way. We will see...
I'll bet he want's at least $1,000, it's a rare color right now. I'm thinking if you found a Striple in "X" color, you could get about $500 for the donor's parts, maybe a little more depending on how long you are willing to hold out. So basically you sort of need to find an undervalued bike to make this somewhat equitable.

Old 12-12-12, 20:42   #503
noclue90

Im still waiting for the right time to go get that Non-Matte Blazing Orange...

Old 12-12-12, 20:50   #504
Neanderthal

Make sure you give me plenty of warning - I sold my 5x10 trailer yesterday. I've always wanted something a little lighter and something that the wifey could hook up on her own in case I needed rescued, lol.

My boss had just want I wanted, a 5x8 with tilt bed. It needs new tires (ordering tomorrow). It's real dirty in this photo, but it's actually in very good condition. I'm going to scuff it up and paint it black. The tires I'm ordering will come with new silver wheels as well. It has a mesh deck (covered with plywood), I'll either put some new plywood down or do something else.

Old 12-12-12, 20:52   #505
noclue90

I need something like that. I am taking my bike (that I am yet to purchase but I already have big plans for) to Florida in March. If your trailer goes missing March 7th, have no fear. Ill bring it back the 15th.

Old 12-13-12, 00:15   #506
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
Stu,
The auction was just for the purple body panels and tank. Purple is a tough color to find, the thinking was that this would take the "color" out of the equation. Buy any color bike, maybe even one with a less-than-perfect body, swap out the bodywork for the purple and sell off the original bodywork. Depending on how much the purple stuff went for, hopefully come out close to even.

Brett,
15 mins to swap the plastics and about an hour for the tank. Might need a new fuel pump gasket, all I can think of off the top of my head. Not sure how detailed the headlight bracket stuff is, but I know it's doable.
Ah gotcha probably help if I went back a page lol, but I have been running on no sleep hahaha

But yeah that purple is super sexy. I wish there were more to be seen.

Old 12-13-12, 09:37   #507
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcom3g.net View Post
B?n c?n usb 3g thì liên h? mình nhé :D --> dcom3g.net
Here's to you dcom3g.net!

Old 12-13-12, 09:52   #508
OKStriple

Quote:
I need something like that. I am taking my bike (that I am yet to purchase but I already have big plans for) to Florida in March. If your trailer goes missing March 7th, have no fear. Ill bring it back the 15th.
Bike week? I was down there last year for work during bike week. Cruisers are about 5 to 1 for sport bikes but I still saw a lot of sport bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post
....the euro trash.
yea we looked at some Euro trash. Thats my wife hiding behind the pole trying to decide between the 430 F1 Coupe and a R8. I was caught between the McLaren MP4 12C and the other 430. Although the Lambo looked good too. After walking through a warehouse full of exotics (even had a Fiskar) they took us out to the back lot, inside barbed-wire fence to see the lowly C300 we came to see. Even that was parked next to a Maserati.
We stumbled into a place that was supposed to be by appointment only, and clearly way above my pay grade. The Benz we came to see was about the cheapest thing there, by a long shot.
Also looked at 3 R8's on the dealer floor where we ended up buying ours. The wheels I bought for ours look a lot like the ones on the black R8.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (5).JPG
Views:	27
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	34390   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	34391   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).JPG
Views:	29
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	34392   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).JPG
Views:	28
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	34393  

All I care about is my Street Triple and like, maybe 3 or 4 people

Last edited by OKStriple; 12-13-12 at 16:10.

Old 12-13-12, 10:01   #509
noclue90

Yeah, I am planning on going for bike week. My brother lives in Daytona Beach Shores so it is a "visit familly" trip.

Also no mention of the DB9 in the background with your wife in it and the huge International in the third picture. Those things are monsters...

Old 12-13-12, 10:13   #510
OKStriple

Quote:
Yeah, I am planning on going for bike week. My brother lives in Daytona Beach Shores so it is a "visit familly" trip.

Also no mention of the DB9 in the background with your wife in it and the huge International in the third picture. Those things are monsters...
Only had 6 Astons there. Not enough selection to choose from
Here's their website
http://www.straightlineautomotivegro.../All_vehicles/

Bike week, might want to check out New Smyrna Beach. A lot of people seemed to be riding to there. It has a small historic district thats kind of cool.

All I care about is my Street Triple and like, maybe 3 or 4 people

Sponsored Links
Advertisement