2013 daytona model, let down? - Page 5 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 12-12-12, 13:33   #41
Marcismo55

Not a fan of the 2013 which is why i am looking for a 2012 675R. Wish the prices on them would drop already so I can

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-12, 13:44   #42
Knolly
BOTM Winner

Old 12-12-12, 15:01   #43
wuzertheloser
BOTM Winner

Looks are definitely growing on me

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 12-12-12, 15:43   #44
firedude
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post
nah, 636 looks pretty sick.

Then you have 848, while I am not a huge ducati fan it is a good looking bike, I just wouldn't own it.
You got me on the 636, it is pretty sexy. Daytona has the exotic European factor so it wins a close race for me. I can't lump in Ducatis whenever I'm comparing other bikes, they are hands down some off the sexiest bikes on the market.

I guess Triumph is just going with the flow and "modernizing" the look of their brand, or whatever you wanna call it. First they change the logo, then the headlights on the Street/Speed Triples. Now this. Nothing good last forever :(

"slow is smooth, smooth is fast"

Old 12-12-12, 15:47   #45
firedude
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post
See that looks good, it is mostly their older stuff I am not a big fan of. I mainly just hate the sound of the dry clutches haha
I love the sound of that dry clutch. Plus you can get the open cover so you can watch it spin

Attachment 34373

Last edited by firedude; 05-29-14 at 14:13.

Old 12-12-12, 15:49   #46
Beeglowbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post
While part of me doesn't like them losing the projectors, let's be honest, the projectors in the Daytona sucked. If the reflectors spill out more light than it's a win in my book.

The more the 2013 model has grown on me the more I like it. I still have a few problems but they could all be fixed with paint. I don't think the black bellypan works on any color except the 675R, I still don't get the silver around the headlights, and I'm still not feeling the running light above the air intake. Aside from that though, I don't dislike it. Some things aren't necessarily better than the current gen, but they're not worse.

Eh, I don't like the argument that they should leave it just because most owners won't be able to tell the difference. Triumph's job is to make the best bike possible. It doesn't matter if we can tell the difference, but Disalvo can, and you can bet they want to win races with this new bike.
Everything I wanted to say. Thanks Knolleh

Old 12-12-12, 21:44   #47
Smoke

As i said elsewhere, I commend Triumph for the mechanical overhaul (but I suspect the engine will bring far more improvements than the ugly exhaust), yet I wonder how much of the 675 character will remain, but aesthetically, it just looks chubby, which might be why some say it has a Gixxer feeling.

Yes, Triumph needed a new bike, a bike for both new _and_ old customers... a Daytona 1100

In a word: FAIL !

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35

Old 12-12-12, 23:02   #48
Shamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post
You sir are a Ducatisti in the making... Who can honestly talk shit about ducati?
They have some of the best bikes out there period, maybe a bit pricier but damn they have some selction that NO ONE can compete against... Man i would love a panigale Tri-colore.. or an S with some white paint added on.
After the panigale, the diavel would just be to damn awesome..

ME! I can't stand ANYTHING Ducati makes, I absolutely HATE the V-Twin (or if you own a Duc, an "L" twin). Don't like the noisy dry clutch, or the $300 oil changes, or the special tools you need to work on one.

When I was at Indy GP, they had a Panigale, and personally the fit and finish sucked. The fairing that was around the exhaust didn't fit right, and the same fairing didn't match up to the front fairing, near the throttle clip on. And the owners...ugh. I have only met one in my riding career, that hasn't been an A #1 dick.

In fact, I hate ANY bike, that has a V-twin.

Old 12-12-12, 23:11   #49
Shamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post
Would like to flog one of those. Mmhhmmm...

Old 12-13-12, 00:10   #50
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedude View Post
I love the sound of that dry clutch. Plus you can get the open cover so you can watch it spin

Attachment 34373

Yeah true, it is just the rattling like an old POS car I cant stand. I was actually thinking of picking up the Streetfighter 848, but from reviews I have heard it just isnt that great of a bike.

The 1199 in all white looks like a boner also, I love it. For the 848 evo, I sat on one and just did not like the ergos on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement