Headlight switch to turn off low beam?? - Page 7 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > Cosmetic Mods

Old 07-17-12, 07:38   #61
island boyeee

Got mine figured out as well! Only hiccup was that I had to use the blue wire (parking lights), which they label as "blank", to turn on the HIDs. For some reason, turning on the high beams was turning off the low beams (i.e. turning off the HIDs).

I will eventually put up the full wiring schematic with color codes, and pictures of my light output from the dual bi-xenon projectors with 55w HID kit. Even took some comparison pictures of 55w vs. 35w.

Last edited by island boyeee; 07-17-12 at 09:21.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-12, 08:30   #62
Godly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytb View Post
Just boasting...

That looks clean! I have no interest in this myself since it's law here that your headlights have to be on at all times but i'm glad you all found a way to do it and keep it looking OEM!

Old 07-17-12, 08:57   #63
jimmytb

Quote:
Originally Posted by island boyeee View Post
Got mine figured out as well! Only hiccup was that I had to use the blue wire (parking lights), which they label as "blank", to turn on the HIDs. For some reason, turning on the high beams was turning off the low beams (i.e. turning off the HIDs.
Did you wire the running lights into the switch? I still have to do that but I want to get the proper pins/sockets for the standard connectors first, but I can only find them in packs of 100 for about $10 each pack.

Old 07-17-12, 09:23   #64
island boyeee

I don't use parking lights in the front. I pulled the bulbs out shortly after I got the bike.

The tail and license plate lights still turn on with the ignition. Thought about at least tying the license plate light into the switch, but that's a project for next year.

Old 07-19-12, 05:03   #65
miketriple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymac View Post
http://www.ecliptech.com.au/index.ph...=78&Itemid=160

I am working on a switch for that right now. I want to run my LED's for show and headlights for riding.

I use that kit and it rocks.

Track: Daytona 675 2008 ... Sold

Old 12-11-12, 21:50   #66
SvperXero 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Sweet as… I started to get the “well, ya know if you where going to buy it from us well ya know we could give you the number but it’s not the done thing as you understand ya know…” bullshit.
Mac, you’re a legend.
$215NZ vs. $400NZ… I dunno why people aren’t buying locally…

I got these off ebay.uk for £40 shipped to the States. It's off a 2005 955i. Now I just need help wiring the thing. It's plug but not play. The bike will not start with it on and it only seems to work with the high beam. The low beam and parking lights stay on when the bike is on even thought the switch is in the off position. And I have no clue where the UK piggy tail would even wire to on the U.S. spec bikes. Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 12-12-12, 07:32   #67
jimmytb

Your controls+plugs look the same as the ones I bought, You have to move the clutch switch over to the new controls, and ditch the piggy back. I posted the original wiring schematic here http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63957, my memory is fuzzy on the new wiring to accommodate turning off the lights and Im away from my bike atm...

Update: By default the lights would be on even with the controls not plugged in because the headlight wiring bypasses the switch, I had to cut one of the wires going to the headlights and wire it through the controls. Have a look at the haynes manual for a full schematic.

Last edited by jimmytb; 12-12-12 at 07:45.

Old 12-12-12, 08:33   #68
island boyeee

Should've just gotten the K&S Tech assembly...

I still have all my wiring written down and pictures of my install. I should put those up some day

Old 12-16-12, 15:24   #69
SvperXero 675

Thanks for the help Jimmy! I'm gnna get crackin' at this once I'm finished with my shift.

Old 12-16-12, 15:26   #70
SvperXero 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by island boyeee View Post
Should've just gotten the K&S Tech assembly...

I still have all my wiring written down and pictures of my install. I should put those up some day
Yes, yes you should.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement