Thinkin about leaving... - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Off Topic > Stuff of interest

Stuff of interest General Off-Topic topics - anything that's on your mind. Please read the rules before posting

Old 12-07-12, 16:32   #31
Moeman

Zen
You know FL weather right now is perfect riding weather but the sweet curves are not really here unless you do a track day at Jennings , Moroso , Homestead Miami Speedway I am not sure if the last two day any track days in the winter month or not In addition .I do not think you would like Miami too much the west coast is so much calmer than the east coast .Also you better speak Spanish or you will feel that you are in a foreign country getting lost there sucks for a guy like me

Last edited by Moeman; 12-08-12 at 13:39.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-12, 18:20   #32
apbt4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman View Post
Zen
You know FL weather right now is perfect riding weather but the sweet curves are not really here unless you do a track day at Jennings , Moroso , Homestead Miami Speedway I am not sure if the last two day any in the winter month or not In addition .I do not think you would like Miami too much the west coast is so much calmer than the east coast .Also you better speak Spanish or you will feel that you are in a foreign country getting lost there sucks for a guy like me
Lol it's true Spanish would help, I live in miami. You get the track down here=).

Old 12-07-12, 20:42   #33
Rink675

Well after being stationed in Socal for 5yrs the only thing that really stuck with me was the beaches and weather. The rest I could do without, I did something similar to what you did. I packed up my clothes mailed them home, put some stuff in a backpack and rode my CBR600RR from CA to MN to be back with family.

The ride across country was probably the coolest thing I have done, riding through CO was AWESOME!!! I have thought about moving to CO with one of my buddies who I used to be in the military with but I want to leave MN in March and go somewhere where I can ride year round.

One thing I will advise is try to find people in each state you ride through and see if you can meet up with people along the way to your destination. Once I got past the first day and a half on the bike I was starting to get a little crazy like when you have been up for too long and the dumbest things start to make you laugh lol.

I know how you feel though, I really dislike socal and I wouldn't be going there if it weren't for my GF. Once her lease is up hopefully her and I can move up north where the tracks are closer, the people are more realistic and the air is cleaner.

Good luck with your decision, this is what I will say.....life is too short to live in one place for your whole life and retirement is too late! After coming back to family I have nothing in common with them because I have been deployed around the world, seen things nobody has or very few have and to think I could be satisfied with my life in one place is just plain crazzzzzzyyyyyy!!!!!!

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Old 12-08-12, 22:37   #34
Zen

This will happen, I'm just making sure I do my hw and have patience, once it warms up (march?) I'm heading out. I'm hoping I can set up checkpoints with some of y'all

Btw saw a white Daytona tonight around 645 here in riverside ca off magnolia& Arlington. At first by the sound I thought it was someone riding off with my STR lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 12-11-12, 15:22   #35
Zen

Decided to head up to Oregon, now I just need to strategically plan my route.

Thinking to ditch the basic 5 north route, and consider the 395/lake Tahoe or the pch/101 route.

Anybody went on a so cal road trip? Any info will help!

Old 12-11-12, 16:04   #36
Hokie

Take the Pacific Coast Highway. You won't regret it.

Old 12-11-12, 23:05   #37
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post

Thinking to ditch the basic 5 north route, and consider the 395/lake Tahoe or the pch/101 route.

Well in Oregon you will become a pretty good rider in the rain lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie View Post
Take the Pacific Coast Highway. You won't regret it.
Oh hands down!!! I can't wait to go on the PCH again......going back to CA in two weeks

I am taking the keys from my GF and driving the car down the PCH....might scare the crap out of her but I will have fun and in the end it will turn her on lol

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Old 12-13-12, 14:29   #38
MakinBeer

Quote:
Solid choice.

Quote:

I would highly recommend 395, beautiful route. Eastern Oregon is bland, I would (and have) cut over to the coast in nothern CA or southern OR. The Oregon coast is amazeballs.

Old 12-13-12, 14:32   #39
MakinBeer

Quote:
This will happen, I'm just making sure I do my hw and have patience, once it warms up (march?)
The weather may be improving here at that time, but it will still be complete shite in Oregon.

Quote:
Btw saw a white Daytona tonight around 645 here in riverside ca off magnolia& Arlington. At first by the sound I thought it was someone riding off with my STR lol.
There's a guy with an R that works at the America's Tire Co., maybe it was him? I work in Riverside, if you're ever up for a ride before you split, hit me up.

Old 12-13-12, 17:36   #40
Dorzun

I have one regret and only one in my live and that was not doing what you are thinking off doing when I could have/should have/would have.

LIke everyone will say, if you can do it.

yet.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement