2013 daytona model, let down? - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 12-09-12, 23:04   #21
Logans08Daytona675

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post
nah, 636 looks pretty sick.

Then you have 848, while I am not a huge ducati fan it is a good looking bike, I just wouldn't own it.
The new 636 looks dope! Throw in HIDS and the PROJOS are freaking awesome! I'm also tired of the all mixed colors and and the lettering on the new bikes looks lame and fake! I love the look of the old lettering and classic triumph...

I guess I bought the right year lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-12, 00:35   #22
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post
And current rumors are that a Panigale-based 799 will show up soon. Hyachachacha.
Yeah I heard that, I think Audi will help Ducati get away from the same boring designs finally.

But to me it is like everyone wanted Triumph to produce a new bike and when they finally do everyone just *****es about it. I think they did a good job for the most part, there are a few things I would change, but it is because I ride mainly on the street and these bikes are made to race. The Street Triple I think looks good, I'd buy one for sure, I love the blue, just wish it had the Rs suspension, but that is up gradable.

Last edited by TwoWheeledWonder; 12-10-12 at 00:40.

Old 12-10-12, 20:32   #23
Moofy

I think that the new Daytona is better in almost every way except aesthetically in some respects.

The only thing I don't like is the shape of the headlights over the projectors. I guess reflectors have to stick out like that? Projector lights were fine, sure a bit underpowered but you can pretty much ride with the high beam on anyway. Most people do their riding during the day anyway.

The headlights have just pushed me more towards a Street when I put a lot of kms on my Daytona lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Old 12-10-12, 23:09   #24
MCYC Triple

There is no question that Triumph makes gorgeous bikes - that's why we are all here. I spent sooooo many hours polishing, buffing and just plain lusting after my 2011 STR. Then Triumph changed the lights and I kind of lost some attraction for the bike.

Now that I am planning to get a new 2013 D675R, I look at the bike and I love it... It seems I do not have any presupposition of how it ought to look, because I have never owned a track bike. I'm sure when Triumph upgrades again in 2015, I'll complain about the shitty styling.

Old 12-10-12, 23:28   #25
Shamrock

The worst let down of the bike, is that sorry silver eye shadow, but that can be taken off and painted, so no biggie. :)

Old 12-11-12, 07:41   #26
Tucker2.0

Send a message via MSN to Tucker2.0

I think if you color matched the silver eye shadow, it would look pretty sick.

at the very least paint it black to match the belly pan. cmon lets keep it to a max of 2 colors of paint on the fairings shall we?

Old 12-11-12, 08:36   #27
CrotchAndRocket

Im not saying the bike is ugly, Im simply saying its disappointing... 675 use to have their own look... now riders from a distance will be saying "is that an R6" until they come up on it closely. The exposed frame isnt even cute, it looks bulky... i prefer the sleek skinny design. The tail is now pointy, the lights are ver similiar etc etc.

blah... my bike is better 2012 >

Old 12-11-12, 20:11   #28
DeathStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans08Daytona675 View Post
The new 636 looks dope! Throw in HIDS and the PROJOS are freaking awesome! I'm also tired of the all mixed colors and and the lettering on the new bikes looks lame and fake! I love the look of the old lettering and classic triumph...

I guess I bought the right year lol
I have to agree that the 636 looks pretty bad ass. I have mixed feelings about the new changes in the 675 mostly in the front end but this type of thing usually grows on me.

Old 12-11-12, 22:35   #29
Shamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrotchAndRocket View Post
Im not saying the bike is ugly, Im simply saying its disappointing... 675 use to have their own look... now riders from a distance will be saying "is that an R6" until they come up on it closely. The exposed frame isnt even cute, it looks bulky... i prefer the sleek skinny design. The tail is now pointy, the lights are ver similiar etc etc.

blah... my bike is better 2012 >
How can you say it's disappointing? It has more HP, more TQ, better headlights, better CG, better flickability?

Old 12-11-12, 22:48   #30
Moofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
How can you say it's disappointing? It has more HP, more TQ, better headlights, better CG, better flickability?
And slipper clutch + ABS.. I would not be buying an new (old) 2011/2012 675 unless it was a bargain lol.

Not that I'm not happy with my 675R cos' I am and I've already had it for 18 months, but it will drop in value as soon as the 2013s land, they are just much more value and will be better. Unless you're dead set on the current (old) style.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement