New daytona owner from Tennessee - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Introductions

Introductions New member? Take a few minutes and introduce yourself.

Old 12-10-12, 16:51   #11
iman501

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-12, 17:12   #12
jardineD675

Can't wait to move to tn, ill be super close to the dragons tail, I'm pretty sure its called

Sent from my X10a using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 12-10-12, 18:28   #13
stickem189

I spy stomp tank pads, gold rear spools, and a red woodcraft engine cover?

Old 12-11-12, 00:03   #14
iman501

yea i'm about 5 hours west of the dragon, i've contemplated taking my buell there before but i've always been to busy with work and such for a decent trip there. There is a Buell ride/rally there in april that i may attend if I'm still in TN then. i wish i had a truck so i could haul both the buell and the Daytona there if i end up going (not that i'm able to ride two bikes at once.....)

even though i'm pretty far west of all the great riding in the mountains I do have some pretty good roads around here to ride on!

I did notice the tank grips on the bike, and assumed it was some sort of after market case cover. However i did not notice the spools on the back, thats pretty cool, save me some money there! I know this bike will end up costing me to much to mod out haha, my buell has been a never ending list of mods. as soon as i think the bike is done i get another bright idea on how to change it.

for the Daytona i know i'll get new tires right off the bat, and probably some after market levers. I really like the shorty style ones. Do you guys have any good recommendations aside from the expensive pazzo and other high end ones? I've got DDM lights on my buell right now and they have been the best mod I have put on that bike, so i'll be getting those for the Daytona as well. I'd also like to upgrade exhausts at some point but that wont be for a while seeing as i'm on a budget. However i'm sure you fine people will have some used ones for sale in the classified section at some point.

This is the only other bike i've owned besides the buell which i've had for the past three years and put close to 30k miles on it. one thing i am curious about with the Daytona is changing the sprockets and gearing of it. Do you guys suggest changing it at all or is it a pretty good street set up stock? I'm not all about top end, I love having the power down low where i'll actually use it.

After talking to the previous owner of the Daytona that i bought it seems like he is the second owner of it. he bought it with 3k and its now at 10k. He says he's had it at the shop very recently to have everything checked over (it wasn't a triumph dealer it was a local shop). He has the recipt for this, and apparently everything checked out alright. I'm curious if i should still find another shop to check the valves and other misc items. I'm all for doing my own work, despite not being to experienced if its manageable for a beginner.

Old 12-11-12, 07:38   #15
cjc

I like to ride 232 east of you, and some of the roads around Linden south of I-40 from you.

If you head to the Dragon, check this out: http://americaridesmaps.com/
I have several of those maps and they are a good value.
It is like motorcycle Disneyland out there. Run the Dragon if you like, but then explore as there are a lot of great roads that aren't as crowded.

If you need a Triumph dealer, I use Castle in Madison/Hendersonville. Maybe too far for you, but they've taken good care of me: http://www.castlepowersports.com/

Hope that helps.

Old 12-11-12, 10:59   #16
iman501

I live about 6 miles from the north end of 232, I'm on that road all the time!!!

Old 12-11-12, 13:47   #17
cjc

It's a bit of a haul for me, but a good ride and a good excuse to go to the hamburger joint on the main road through Dover!

I've only seen cops on 232 one time. Usually pretty lightly patrolled?

Old 12-11-12, 18:01   #18
iman501

I've never run into cops on 232, I usually ride it on weekdays or midday on the weekends. Dover on the other hand is always busy with cops, an they will pull you over for going like 3 over!

But next time you make it out this direction give me a heads Up so we could ride!

Old 12-11-12, 18:31   #19
cjc

Sounds good and will do.

I roll slow through Dover.

Old 12-11-12, 23:39   #20
Chrisbell42

Wish I lived closer to Nashville.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement