MOKANAR (mo-ok-kan-ar) - Page 47 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > North America > MOKANAR

Old 12-10-12, 12:10   #461
jdgun_13

Well guys another weekend of rain and nto so nice weather but i did see (2) Daytona 675's... Guessing commuter bikes.
One should not be hard to identify if he has posted up on here... has a gold colored frame like the late model RSV Mille's did and all white... Another was a 675R, can't believ how many of the Models i have seen since being back, think this was the 3rd one.

Maybe it is a sign?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-12, 16:30   #462
OKStriple

I saw a blue Daytona locally a week or two ago but I was held up at a traffic light and couldn't catch up to it at the time.

Old 12-10-12, 21:46   #463
OKStriple

Default Interesting Yahoo article. Any comments Neanderthal?

http://news.yahoo.com/why-human-nean...143531341.html

Comments?

Old 12-10-12, 22:01   #464
Neanderthal

Did you actually try to read the entire article? There were a lot of two-dollar words in that article, lol.

Old 12-10-12, 23:11   #465
OKStriple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
Did you actually try to read the entire article? There were a lot of two-dollar words in that article, lol.
I was just going off the title;
"Why Human-Neanderthal Sex Is Tricky to Prove"

Old 12-11-12, 19:36   #466
OKStriple

Have new wheels on the way for the wife's car, along with a new stereo and auto-dimming mirror. She spent a lot less than we were budgeting for so I get to spend the difference playing 'Pimp my ride'
I'll post some before/after pics in a week when everything is in. Personally I'm not too thrilled with the powertrain but shes happy with it and thats all that matters.

Old 12-11-12, 19:53   #467
Neanderthal

What did you end up getting?

Old 12-12-12, 00:21   #468
OKStriple

Quote:
What did you end up getting?
2007 Audi A4 Cabrolet 2.0T CVT. with 27,000 miles.
We went there with 3 2009 A4 models to look at, all of them S-Line (a sport package thing, mainly appearance with 18in wheels and slightly different front bumper) and all 3 were gone by the time we got there.
Our backup cars were all 2009 Mercedes C300 and 2008-09 BMW 528i. We looked at a couple but wife was discouraged - She didn't really care too much about a 'vert till they were all sold out from under her.
So we did some last minute searching and found several at DFW Audi which I knew would be harder to get a 'deal' than the cheezy little warehouse lots around LBJ.
We test drove several and never intended to go older than 2009 but this one had lower miles than the others and was cheaper so we went with it.

Personally, not the most exciting car I've driven. It looks nice but not what I would have picked. But several times I steered her into cars she didn't really want so I left this as her pick. The 2.0T is an interesting and easily modded engine, but the CVT transmission takes the joy out of driving and has a little lag from a stop. The top mechanism is pretty sweet and acceleration is decent from 10mph on, but not a linear power curve. Once the turbo gets involved, BOOM - traction control light flickkers briefly just as it kicks in.

Since this one is not an S-Line and we got it cheap, I ordered same size wheels but they are for the A6 S-line, similar to the wheels of an R8 GT that was on the showroom floor.
Maintenance book has dealer stamps from the first couple services and I had this dealer do the 25,000 mile service that was 2000 past due.
Decent car. I like it but not LOVE it. If it was a 6 speed manual with quattro and black interior, I would probably feel completely differently about it. That would have cost a lot more and for how she drives and what she needs it for, this will do fine. The trunk has an adjustable shelf where the top stows so you can get back your trunk space when the top is up. Trunk is something like 10.3 cf and the sedan model is something like 13.1 cf so you don't really lose a lot there.

In the meantime, this video is just like the ones we tried to buy that got sold. Ours is same color, different wheels. At 2:15 you can see the top mechanism in action

Last edited by OKStriple; 12-12-12 at 09:25.

Old 12-12-12, 10:21   #469
Neanderthal

That's really low mlles! We had a car with a black interior when we first moved to Texas - that's not a good combo, lol.

Old 12-12-12, 11:04   #470
OKStriple

Quote:
That's really low mlles! We had a car with a black interior when we first moved to Texas - that's not a good combo, lol.
I was almost suspicious of the miles but it matches up with the dealer service stamps from scheduled maintenance, as well as a bill of sale and odometer statement for the second owner (second owner was in University Park and had it serviced at Boardwalk Audi) and those match up with Carfax and Autocheck. I'm suspecting it was owned by old people who never drive (like my in-laws who rarely drive their Mustang Convertible).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement