Track day insurance. - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 12-04-12, 17:14   #31
Papachristou

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatch View Post
Def glad I live in a state with Rider but I am still paranoid and every year for renewal I make sure to call them, talk to an underwriter, and ensure we are on same page with track riding. Then I make them put a note on my policy about our convo and will call back about 2 weeks later to ensure note is on there. Yes paranoid and a bit crazy. LOL

I really wish someone woudl come up with track only insurance. I will ride the GSXr on the street and the 675 will be track only so why should I have to pay for liability and such when that is not applicable at the track. Every rider assumes risk stepping foot on the track. Either you ball up your own bike or someone takes you down. unlike street you can't go after that other person for insurance payout. So liability and is a moot point.
nothing wrong with the first paragraph! if only i had a buck for everyone that says "my agent said it was covered" ha. those guys/gals lie all day long to get the sale and arent held accountable.

probably not offered because of price/need. a new track day rider that is riding their everyday bike has a higher likelihood of wrecking and also needs insurance because they have a loan on the bike. a serious track guy/gal has a dedicated track bike and doesnt need insurance since it isnt for the street and likely doesnt have a loan.
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-12, 01:12   #32
firedude
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldnthave View Post
So you were visiting you dad and your bike was stolen. I can't imagine an insurance company fighting that.

Once you have the insurance you can go wherever in the country you want. No one could ever stipulate: We cover you, as long as you don't park it in your dad's garage in NYC.

I say go for the gusto, and get that mail box. There is no way they would not pay out for a visit to NYC. It's not your fault NY has the silly rules that keep you from being insured for the track. I couldn't even consider it a lie at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
No it's a garage in the suburbs of NY. But I really don't wanna get into making a whole fiasco with an out of state mailbox and all that. Just for peace of mind I'm gonna either cough up the money for foremost or get a track bike.

"slow is smooth, smooth is fast"

Old 12-09-12, 23:24   #33
lokodog

Web to the motorcycle show. Geico pretty much said no.
State Farm is looking into it and will call me back.
Foremost aka Farmers is looking into it also. The guy mentioned coverage for cars on the track and is familiar with it, but isn't sure. I told him if Pegram is sporting Foremost on the track then they should cover it just based on that! Lol. He chuckled

Sent from my DROID2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

2007 Graphite 675 (stock)

Times
Fontana: 1:47.467 (Dunlop Q2)
Chuckwalla CCW: 2:13.3 (Pirelli Superbike Pro)
Buttonwillow 2:11.81 (Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SC2)

Old 12-10-12, 00:15   #34
Rink675

I am all about getting your money worth out of your insurance company because we pay for the insurance. However the part I disagree with is people lying about what the event was and suckering the insurance company into paying for your bike. This does nothing but raise rates for people that actually file claims for what the policy covers.

If there is an insurance that knows you will be racing and can pay the insurance rate for that, then so be it. I would actually like having that myself and it's probably worth every penny if you plan to push and reach a certain level.

Also everyone signs a waiver at the track, no reason to go after another rider for a claim even if an accident happens on track with another rider colliding with you then tough it out and accept it for what it is.

Bottom line if you are afraid to wreck your brand new bike then you might as well not take it to the track....get something else you don't mind totaling if it so happens. You have to pay to play! It's no different then a guy buying a brand new sports car, taking it to the local street legal drags and after the 60ft mark crashing into the wall.....I have seen it happen, it's the risk we all take.

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Old 12-10-12, 00:24   #35
R

I have State Farm and depending who you talk to, they may or may not cover you...

I contacted my agent and he put me in contact with their underwriter and after going back and forth several times, I never really got a clear answer... it's a gray area...

Racing he flat out said no... "training", "schools", "non-timed events" (i used those buzz words based on "web knowledge") it all depends on the circumstances of the accident... it's not exactly a no, but it's not exactly a "we'll cover it"...

I'll probably switch next track season based on this thread...

Old 12-10-12, 10:02   #36
Papachristou

Quote:
Originally Posted by R View Post
Racing he flat out said no... "training", "schools", "non-timed events" (i used those buzz words based on "web knowledge") it all depends on the circumstances of the accident... it's not exactly a no, but it's not exactly a "we'll cover it"...
that is the answer i got from them as well. They said if there were other riders on the track it would probably not be covered.
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Last edited by Papachristou; 12-10-12 at 10:20.

Old 12-10-12, 10:11   #37
TRMN8TR

Good thread and glad I read through it. Anyone know if this Riders Insurance is available in Ohio? Gonna google it but just wondering.

I have a track/race bike and I'd love to get some kind of coverage on it. It is constantly in a trailer, at race tracks aross the midwest, hotel parking lots, campgrounds, etc. I'd really like it to be covered in the event it was stolen. If I wad it up on the track, that's on me. If Joe Blow steals it out of my trailer/garage etc, I'd like it to be covered. Will a normal auto policy work for that? It'd be even better if they would cover it on trackdays as well, so I'll check into Riders. Racedays...I'm not even gonna try. I know that is a risk I take on my own and even if it was available, insurance for that would be outrageous.

Old 12-10-12, 11:15   #38
bmw4422

does your trailer insurance cover contents? I believe mine does up to a predetermined limit.

Old 12-10-12, 12:39   #39
TRMN8TR

I don't have seperate trailer insurance. My truck policy had trailer coverage up to $3K which would cover my 6x14 enclosed trailer.

Not sure about trailer contents though, kinda doubt it? The contents could be quite valuable when it's loaded with 4 track bikes and gear for 4 riders, plus generators, tools, camping gear, etc. Probably should look into that.

Old 12-10-12, 12:41   #40
soulpatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8TR View Post
Good thread and glad I read through it. Anyone know if this Riders Insurance is available in Ohio? Gonna google it but just wondering.
yup You're in one of the lucky states.

Quote:
I have a track/race bike and I'd love to get some kind of coverage on it. It is constantly in a trailer, at race tracks aross the midwest, hotel parking lots, campgrounds, etc. I'd really like it to be covered in the event it was stolen. If I wad it up on the track, that's on me. If Joe Blow steals it out of my trailer/garage etc, I'd like it to be covered. Will a normal auto policy work for that? It'd be even better if they would cover it on trackdays as well, so I'll check into Riders. Racedays...I'm not even gonna try. I know that is a risk I take on my own and even if it was available, insurance for that would be outrageous.
Rider will not cover races but track days are good to go. That said if the bike was parked at your house and stolen I know of some who have used homeowners to cover that though normally much higher deductible on those policies. I pay less then 400 a year for full coverage on my bike and it is covered at the track.

That said Marin has Riders as well I believe and they gave him a lower amount for the worth of his bike due to the race plastics and such which is understandable in a way since track plastics cost a fraction of what stock cost...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement