Custom Exhaust #2 Quiet design - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #1 of 6 Old 12-08-12, 18:34 Thread Starter
tp555

Custom Exhaust #2 Quiet design

My original design..Still open pipe flow thru glasspack. I hate polishing. Need a chemical to remove the grime from welding in the small cracks.Otherwise its quiet,Simple vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD1R89MZSfk
The drive by. More eval.You can't hear the engine noise during the turn arounds but on custom 1 you can.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C7c-__Afto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-09-12, 04:00
Tripod

I can send you my standard cans for that exact bike...or I will kick in $10 to a group buy for some decent aftermarkets...make it stop
post #3 of 6 Old 12-09-12, 07:09
sittingturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
I can send you my standard cans for that exact bike...or I will kick in $10 to a group buy for some decent aftermarkets...make it stop
LOL, so mean.
post #4 of 6 Old 12-10-12, 00:45
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

I dont get why you are doing this? Are the stock cans to loud? You should be wearing some kind of ear plugs anyways, even with my arrow exhaust you cant hardly hear it with ear plugs in.

Those nipples just look horrible on this bike, while I salute you for your fab skills, this just looks horrible.

2010 TornadoRed D675 Trackbike
~
post #5 of 6 Old 12-10-12, 06:53 Thread Starter
tp555
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Stock has an odd sound which doesn't bother me. The clog restriction in stock does. I'll cut open the stockers in the future. Open pipe exhaust does a lot for power and throttle response. Its having a perf exhaust where you don't need ear plugs. This can be done.
The tips can be changed modded, sheet metal back plate added whatever. Don't want to bother with this now. Back plates have backwash that soots up the entire area. So lets see what happens with the air flow over the tips.Figured out how to mod the stockers real easy and get some decent sound out of them.See here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYWDKEQU5s
Next is to gut the stockers and rework the internals for perf, open pipe free flow. Then see how loud and what sound I get. Should be close to the custom 2 which I can compare against.Meanwhile the style nazi's are freaking out.Try decaff. Want to create a ring with colored LED's insulated against the heat that shines on the metal. Fitted over the ends it would give the star ship colored exhaust look. i'll make the metal part.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-10-12, 07:06
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

You should always wear ear plugs, wind noise does hell on your hearing.

But for style nazi, yes considering that is basically all aftermarket slips on are for, you are not going to get real performance gains out of them that will be crazy noticeable, minus the weight loss.

And for noise I love the sound of our bikes, even stock piped they sound great. Beats any jap bike I have owned or heard.

2010 TornadoRed D675 Trackbike
~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement