Blitz Adelaide hills - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > Australia and Asia-Pacific

Australia and Asia-Pacific AAP Regional forum; rides, get togethers, events

Old 12-09-12, 18:06   #11
Tripod

Agreed, the wheelie bin and similar tactic is plain laziness...heavy police presence takes effort, resources and planning. And definitely agree that the time between the behaviour you want to change (speeding etc) and the punishment (getting fined) has to be as short as possible otherwise it is next to meaningless.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-12, 23:53   #12
old blue

All I'm seeing here is the latest in a long line of good reasons to take it to the track.

(Your bike, not the wheelie bin speed camera.)

O.B

Old 12-10-12, 14:50   #13
Sp00ky

Thumbs down Nope...

No ! Sorry OB, but the bastards aren't going to force me off the roads that I pay to ride on!

No way.

It's ok to have a blast at the track every now and then, but considering the cost of track days you may as well be paying the government to let you ride fast.

I take my chances every time I ride out the gate here, but I do it knowing that it's all about personal freedom, a thing which is fast disappearing from society.

If I lose my license because I get caught speeding, then so be it, but it won't stop me from riding fast on the back roads.

Big Brother has been trying to get motorcycles off the road for a long, long time.

It's all about Control.

It's way easier to control cars, herd them like sheep, but it isn't easy to control bikes. Bike riders tend to be a little more rebellious, a little more willing to push the envelope and a little more individualistic than car drivers generally.

I saw a young guy get done by an unmarked cop car last weekend. He was caught doing 135 in an 80K zone. Instant loss of license...

Shit happens. But he wasn't watching his mirrors. He should have been. Especially on the weekends when the cops are out.

My point is that you cannot let the mongrels wear you down and force you off the roads. We need to be more careful where we go fast, but we also need to keep on riding on public roads otherwise Big brother has won!

If the government can force you onto the track just so you can have a bit of fast fun, then they win.

Frack that!

S.

Old 12-10-12, 15:51   #14
old blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00ky View Post
No ! Sorry OB, but the bastards aren't going to force me off the roads that I pay to ride on!

No way.

S.
Kidding, kidding. Well...a bit.

I've been riding fast on the roads for decades. I've copped a total of two small speeding fines while on a bike. But there still seems to be so many people who simply charge around like dickheads, going fast everywhere and getting busted. If you use a bit of cunning, some local knowledge and situational awareness, you can have some fun. It's all about staying under the radar. (pun intended) If you are Captain Loud on a stickered-up, unsilenced GSXR, always drawing attention to yourself, you will get done.

My point is that since I've been racing, I feel much less compelled to go nuts when I ride on the road. I get most of that out of my system at the track. I give it a squirt now and then on the road, but most of my road riding is about hanging out with mates and just unwinding. The 'road character' of our whole group has changed now that we are racing.

Things are getting tough on the road. I know too many smart people - some from this forum - who've copped huge fines and bans recently for momentary indiscretions.

I still ride on the road, and I ride quickly on the road now and then, but these days I find I can relax a lot more at the track. I know what's around the next corner, and it's not a cop car or a wheelie bin with a camera in it.

O.B

Last edited by old blue; 12-10-12 at 15:56.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement