Waz writes! - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Australia and Asia-Pacific AAP Regional forum; rides, get togethers, events

post #21 of 26 Old 12-08-12, 17:37
Biggsy01

I have the Tech Spec pads but the carbon corner covers sounds like a great idea. I was looking at getting the bundle through RD. thanks for the advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 Old 12-09-12, 20:34
Juz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaytona02 View Post
Also a set of traction pads like Stomp grips or Tech Specs help you grip the tank with your inner thigh, reducing the 'death grip' on the 'bars.
+1 on the traction pads.

Personal preference but I hate the Stomp Grips. Got them on my D6 track bike.

Put some tech specs on my road D675 and love them. Will be buying some for the track bike too.
post #23 of 26 Old 12-09-12, 20:37
bluedaytona02

I preferred the more aggressive nature of the stomps but they can hack into your leathers over time.

I had them on the road tank and the tech spec on the track tank. I would have preferred them the other way round.

The stomps do lift after a while. I ended up putting them back on with silastic silicone on the D6 years ago. The tech spec are meant to be able to be heated and lifted off, then reused several times - though I've never tested it.

Current: '06 Daytona 675 ('08 BEARS winning bike - Chris Panayi) White with Pitty's Custom Vinyls TTC decals STM Slipper Clutch Braking wave rotors with folding/adjustable levers GB engine covers Valter Moto Rearsets Race kit detent wheel & idle adjuster 1050 throttle tube Captive Wheel Spacers MotoGems bling Vortex clip-ons, Stomp grip 520 conversion Puig screen Madaz slip-on Intake flapper & Ex-up removed Swing-arm pivot mod. Thinner head gasket Custom tune
post #24 of 26 Old 12-14-12, 06:15
Biggsy01

Ok I have a novice question regarding prepping my bike for a track day.. Whats the best way to tape up the head/tail lights?
post #25 of 26 Old 12-14-12, 06:44
bluedaytona02

You should pull the relay or connections behind the lights so they don't operate as the heat they generate will melt whatever tape you use making it hard to get off.

Plumbers tape is probably best as gaffa/cloth tape has a thick glue residue that can be hard to remove.

Current: '06 Daytona 675 ('08 BEARS winning bike - Chris Panayi) White with Pitty's Custom Vinyls TTC decals STM Slipper Clutch Braking wave rotors with folding/adjustable levers GB engine covers Valter Moto Rearsets Race kit detent wheel & idle adjuster 1050 throttle tube Captive Wheel Spacers MotoGems bling Vortex clip-ons, Stomp grip 520 conversion Puig screen Madaz slip-on Intake flapper & Ex-up removed Swing-arm pivot mod. Thinner head gasket Custom tune
post #26 of 26 Old 12-17-12, 01:15
Biggsy01

Awesome. Thanks muchly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement