burst seam in suit not sure where to send it - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Riding Gear

Riding Gear Review and debate everything from helmets to tank bags. If it fits on you or the bike, discuss it here.

Old 12-03-12, 12:47   #1
kmo

Default burst seam in suit not sure where to send it

So i just bought a teknic xcelerator and noticed the other day there is a burst seam. Ive only worn the suit to one track day. The suit is covered under warranty but i would have to pay shipping to send it back. Which will probably be around 30 bucks.

Based on the below picture of the burst seam, do you think this is something a leather repair store could stitch back up for me without compromising quality. It seems like a simple stitch to fix and if I can bring the suit somewhere local and get it fixed for 10 bucks rather than sending it away for who knows how long to have it fixed i may rather do that.

looking for opinions from people with relevant knowledge or experience. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-12, 14:15   #2
eastwind

not sure where in VA you are KMO but what about Lizzie leather. I have no first hand experience with her but from what I have read she does nice work and could probably help you out.

Old 12-03-12, 14:29   #3
dubguy85

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmo View Post
So i just bought a teknic xcelerator and noticed the other day there is a burst seam. Ive only worn the suit to one track day. The suit is covered under warranty but i would have to pay shipping to send it back. Which will probably be around 30 bucks.

Based on the below picture of the burst seam, do you think this is something a leather repair store could stitch back up for me without compromising quality. It seems like a simple stitch to fix and if I can bring the suit somewhere local and get it fixed for 10 bucks rather than sending it away for who knows how long to have it fixed i may rather do that.

best in the biz

http://spyderleatherworks.com/

Old 12-04-12, 06:52   #4
chrisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmo View Post

Bedo's Leather Works in Falls Church, www.leatherrepair.com. They altered the arm length on my Xcelerator and fixed my Heroic gloves after a low speed get off. Quality local work.

If you don't mind sending it out the Alexa from Spyderworks is also excellent.

Old 12-04-12, 07:47   #5
kmo

Chris, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks man. Seems like an easy enough seam to fix was hoping someone could take care of it locally and I could save myself on the shipping cost.

I happen to work in Falls Church so even better.

Old 12-08-12, 17:46   #6
Allworld

I had a leather jacket repaired by a shoe repair guy. It wasn't his specialty, but he was a fellow rider and had the machine to sew it. Came out perfect.

Old 12-09-12, 17:08   #7
kmo

I ended up sending it to teknic. Only ended costing 18 bucks to ship so no big deal. Plus I know it will be fixed correctly

Sponsored Links
Advertisement