Bike not cranking. - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Maintenance and repair > Repair/Troubleshooting

Old 12-08-12, 22:39   #11
jardineD675

Very true, that's what I do when I trickle charge, wait a whole night, sleep on it, and wait till battery charger is solid green.

Sent from my X10a using Motorcycle.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-12, 22:40   #12
jardineD675

My reck was similiar, but not as hard as urs, so its making its way back to stock with upgrades.

Old 12-08-12, 22:44   #13
jardineD675

Just take battery out, wait more then 20 min, I waited like 4hrs. Walk away before u guys get to frustrated with it. Start up on it tomorrow, gets to yah watchen and looken over a bike u just crashed and it won't *****n start.

Old 12-09-12, 11:46   #14
675md

so everything as i listed the bike should technically crank over then?

I will tell him to take the battery out and charge it overnight again.

Old 12-09-12, 16:42   #15
MacBandit

What did you use to jumper the starter? Did you use the bikes battery? If so then the battery is fine and your starter solenoid or relay is bad or a connection between them.

Old 12-09-12, 19:28   #16
Ruby Racing
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 675md View Post
fixing a bike for a friend who laid the bike down and most of the top front end was banged up.

Blue starter relay has been tested.
Batter fully charged reads 12.4 w/o charger on it.
Although the battery may read enough volts it may not have enough amps. I had the same situation with one of my batteries. Bought a new battery and all worked fine. How old is the bike/battery?

As an aside does it qualify for a new R/R under the recall? Worth getting that sorted if you haven't already, unless it's not eligible

To read about the transformation click > Project Trixie Transformation

For comparison photo of old R/R with new improved R/R under recall of 2012 click > R/R Comparison Photos

Old 12-09-12, 20:41   #17
whitfield720

Did you check all the fuses? In particular the headlight fuse. Ive seen where something as simple as a blown headlight fuse was causing a no start. If that all checks out you can try to check for voltage on the start solenoid. Should have a constant on one side and a switch power on the other. Considering the relay is clicking I would assume thats working properly.

Old 12-09-12, 21:04   #18
675md

I used the battery in the bike to jumper the starte. i connected a jumper cable to a scrwe driver and touched the main wire going to the starter than touched the postivie side of the battery.

umm we took our the headlighs, turn signals, and break lights, do to all either missing, cracked, or scuffed.

no clue on the R/R recall, the bike is an 07 and has i think 5700 miles, the bike road fine before the accident.

the fuses are good, and I believe I left them all in for the headlights.

we even tried connecting a jumper pack on the battery and tried to start it that way and it just clicked still.

He is getting the battery load tested at a store and will get back to me this week.

Old 12-10-12, 01:46   #19
MacBandit

If the battery turned the starter then it's fine.

Your problem is a relay or a solenoid or a connection in between them and/or the starter.

Old 12-11-12, 20:29   #20
675md

well he is getting the battery tested anyway.

the solenoid I will check somehow this weekend. I need to printout the wiring diagram for the starting system and do some ground test.

but basically if the fuel pump is priming, guages cycling, exhaust valvue cycles, etc....clutch switch works, in neutral, sidestand down, then the bike should be able to crank if it is able to?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement