Harley-Davidson Iron 883 - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 12-07-12, 21:55   #31
neyzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc Hunter 675 View Post
Iron makes me think heavy and slow. Bonneville makes me think fast and sleek.
both make me think slow and boring :P

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-12, 00:44   #32
firedude
BOTM Winner

had a 883 custom for a year. if you like to just cruise then it's great. anything above 70 and that engine was screaming.

Old 12-14-12, 21:56   #33
Johnnystriple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben5 View Post
Don't really care if it calls you, asked if anyone had one. Not really looking for something that will perform in the twisties. I have the Street for that. I am looking at the 883 as a cruiser. sometimes ya ask a simple question and get pointless comments in these forums. Thanks to anyone that addressed the original question.
I have a Bonny and a Striple. Love them both. With the right mods the Bonny provides quite a bit of excitement. Not the kind that the Striple provides but a more relaxed one. Relaxed excitement sounds like an oxymoron. It's hard to explain.

Old 12-20-12, 09:07   #34
mary@Sargent

I bought my 2007 1200 Sporty new and now have about 45K on it. I will most likely keep the bike but I can honestly say, I don't think I will buy another Harley again. The bike looks good, has plenty of pep off the line compared to the bigger Hawgs in HD's lineup but drives like a truck. It's easy for me to move around because it is fairly lite for a HD but handling can be stiff until you get use to it and cornering can get interesting with the pipes so close to the ground making aggressive curves next to impossible. The OEM seat does bite the big one hence my custom seat. Small fuel tank has always been an issue when riding on long trips with other larger bikes. Short fork travel and rear end shock travel has made for some ouch moments when hitting unexpected bumps at speed. Riding positions is good for me but I did have forward controls put on out of the dealer new since my long legs don't like being cramped for long periods of time. My real issues with the bike has been maintenance. Technically, I would have called it a lemon bike since it spent allot of time in the shop for a multitude of electrical problems as well as rocker box leaks and clutch problems. Motorcycles are not qualified for the Lemon Law here in Florida so I was pretty much scewed and had to deal with the HD warranty. All was fixed under warranty but definatly not what I was expecting from a brand new bike. Now that all the bugs are worked out and the bike is paid for, I will most likely keep it and find me a sport bike to play with as a second ride.

The up side of the bike is it does well on long rides, (up to Ohio and back to Florida last summer), short fueling about every 100 miles. The big boys, (hawgs) won't lose you in the first mile and has the power to pass effortlessly.

For the price, knowing what I know now... I would have went with another brand cruiser instead of HD. Still mulling over which sport bike I want but really like the Monster when I tried it out. It just fit me like a glove.

My 2 cents

Old 12-20-12, 09:52   #35
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary@Sargent View Post
...The OEM seat does bite the big one...
I always get a good laugh when a lady says something like this. Then again, working for Sargent you are spoiled. I have a Sargent on my Striple - best mod I've spent money on. I got in on the "pre-release" sale so I saved a little money on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary@Sargent View Post
...The up side of the bike is it does well on long rides, (up to Ohio and back to Florida last summer), short fueling about every 100 miles.
That's just abominable, especially for hwy cruising. If you liked the Monster, you will also like the Striple, they are somewhat similar in riding position. The Striple engine is nicer than the 696 or 796 engine, but I won't knock the Duc's they are nice bikes too.

Last edited by Neanderthal; 12-20-12 at 10:03.

Old 12-21-12, 13:44   #36
Scottyyy

Send a message via Skype™ to Scottyyy

Sargent seat...hmmm...still waiting for a used one to pop up for sale that I can snag.

Old 12-25-12, 07:53   #37
mcteague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyyy View Post
Sargent seat...hmmm...still waiting for a used one to pop up for sale that I can snag.
I ordered one within a week of buying the bike. The stock seat had to go. After about 6 months, I shipped it back to have them add add about an inch more foam. As is, the Sargent is very comfortable, I just wanted more room for my long legs. Now I have a comfortable seat and decent leg room. They are a great company to work with.

Tim

Old 12-27-12, 21:25   #38
Filly-fuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnystriple View Post
I have a Bonny and a Striple. Love them both. With the right mods the Bonny provides quite a bit of excitement. Not the kind that the Striple provides but a more relaxed one. Relaxed excitement sounds like an oxymoron. It's hard to explain.
I had a Bonnie with quite a bit of work done to it, brilliant bike. I think in the end it dyno-ed at 75hp, Not much by sportbike standards but the power delivery was just perfect for hooning around town.

Another advantage to the bonnie was instead of getting the finger and hate from cars you got waves and smiles.

If you are looking into the 883 I recommend going out and trying a scrambler, the V like firing order may appeal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement