Hello All! Daytona Beach - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Introductions New member? Take a few minutes and introduce yourself.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 Old 12-07-12, 11:34
saumo
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: deland
Posts: 286
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Haha. Ironically, I go to embry riddle. Haha small world. See you on campus then!
saumo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 20 Old 12-07-12, 11:47
noclue90
Senior Member
 
noclue90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 3,423
Thanks: 2
Thanked 46 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.barnes20tb View Post
Sounds great man I can't wait for bike week hope to get a ride in with a bunch of Triumph guys
More squids/cruisers than Triumph guys. Ill be with my brother on his 4" Stretched Busa. It really is a nice bike though.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

2009 Triumph Street Triple- White Lightning
2007 Triumph Daytona- Golden Thunder
noclue90 is offline  
post #13 of 20 Old 12-07-12, 12:32
tm850r
Member
 
tm850r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 704
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What are you going to be doing down in Daytona? I went to school there and lived there for 5 years. Moved away to find better roads


Tony - 2010 Street Triple R
tm850r is offline  
post #14 of 20 Old 12-07-12, 12:55 Thread Starter
t.barnes20tb
Junior Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
t.barnes20tb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saumo View Post
Haha. Ironically, I go to embry riddle. Haha small world. See you on campus then!
Haha that's great man. Incredibly small world! I'm pumped to get down there haha


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
t.barnes20tb is offline  
post #15 of 20 Old 12-07-12, 12:55 Thread Starter
t.barnes20tb
Junior Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
t.barnes20tb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm850r View Post
What are you going to be doing down in Daytona? I went to school there and lived there for 5 years. Moved away to find better roads
Ill be going to school at embry riddle I transferred from the Air Force academy. Can't wait to go to school in paradise


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
t.barnes20tb is offline  
post #16 of 20 Old 12-07-12, 12:56 Thread Starter
t.barnes20tb
Junior Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
t.barnes20tb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue90 View Post
More squids/cruisers than Triumph guys. Ill be with my brother on his 4" Stretched Busa. It really is a nice bike though.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Hey man anyone that rides is a friend haha. I just don't wanna be the new guy in Daytona riding around not knowing the roads/anyone at all lol


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
t.barnes20tb is offline  
post #17 of 20 Old 12-07-12, 15:48
noclue90
Senior Member
 
noclue90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 3,423
Thanks: 2
Thanked 46 Times in 33 Posts
There are few roads worth riding.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

2009 Triumph Street Triple- White Lightning
2007 Triumph Daytona- Golden Thunder
noclue90 is offline  
post #18 of 20 Old 12-07-12, 15:53
tm850r
Member
 
tm850r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 704
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.barnes20tb View Post
Ill be going to school at embry riddle I transferred from the Air Force academy. Can't wait to go to school in paradise


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Riddle is a good school. I am assuming you are studying AE judging by the Air Force Academy selection. Its nice down there, the roads suck though. Buy a track suit and head over to Jennings GP or down to PBIR or even Homestead for a track day. Thats about all the corners you will see in Florida. When I moved back home to Rhode Island (which is generally flat and straight) I was amazed at how much I had been missing out on with the scenery and roads. Then I moved to northern Virginia where the roads just a little west and north are all amazing! Cant beat back roads of West Virginia and Western portions of Virginia and Maryland.

Good luck at Riddle though. It builds some great connections and looks great on a resume. I finished there with a B.S. in Meteorology and landed a job due to a friend. Dont be afraid to network out, you never know who will get you a job down the road.


Tony - 2010 Street Triple R
tm850r is offline  
post #19 of 20 Old 12-09-12, 13:31 Thread Starter
t.barnes20tb
Junior Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
t.barnes20tb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm850r View Post
Riddle is a good school. I am assuming you are studying AE judging by the Air Force Academy selection. Its nice down there, the roads suck though. Buy a track suit and head over to Jennings GP or down to PBIR or even Homestead for a track day. Thats about all the corners you will see in Florida. When I moved back home to Rhode Island (which is generally flat and straight) I was amazed at how much I had been missing out on with the scenery and roads. Then I moved to northern Virginia where the roads just a little west and north are all amazing! Cant beat back roads of West Virginia and Western portions of Virginia and Maryland.

Good luck at Riddle though. It builds some great connections and looks great on a resume. I finished there with a B.S. in Meteorology and landed a job due to a friend. Dont be afraid to network out, you never know who will get you a job down the road.
Actually ill be doing aero science. I've always wanted to go the pilot route so I'm pretty excited about that. I can't wait to get down there, I hope to meet a ton of people and get well connected for after I graduate. I'm sure I will
Love it though. I better since I'm paying so much


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
t.barnes20tb is offline  
post #20 of 20 Old 12-09-12, 13:32 Thread Starter
t.barnes20tb
Junior Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
t.barnes20tb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue90 View Post
There are few roads worth riding.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Sounds good to me.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
t.barnes20tb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph675.Net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome