MOKANAR (mo-ok-kan-ar) - Page 43 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > North America > MOKANAR

Old 12-06-12, 00:05   #421
jdgun_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
JD - perhaps your elevation right now has affected the dyno results?
The elevation is not an issue if anything i should be better off here, same with outside temp etc etc.
But the differences between the bikes especially considering you have a slip-on only, VS my full system, race filter, and a map... should be far more noticable.. If you thought the fueling on my 675 was good before, next time you will feel how at least how a proper tune is.. all them free maps and triumph updates are more of a get you by as i have always said.

NOTHING compares to a custom tune.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-12, 09:44   #422
DaytonaSpidey

I feel like mine has plenty of power...for me anyhow lol of course im not on a track either (reserve the right to edit above statement if track riding takes place) def is a blast to ride

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 12-06-12, 09:57   #423
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaSpidey View Post
I feel like mine has plenty of power...
It does. JD's just trying to milk more from the tit.

Old 12-06-12, 10:58   #424
OKStriple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
It does. JD's just trying to milk more from the tit.
This is JD's way of a subtle smack-down on Ardell and I. He out rides the hell out of us then says "it's not running right"

I did notice more power in the lower RPMs in both Street Triples but I didn't feel like anything was missing on the higher end. But I didn't get all over it either. I was spending my time adjusting to the riding position and appreciating those smooth Ohlins.

I had read that differences in the cams are supposed to have more low/mid torque on the ST and the 'Tona should have more top end.

Last edited by OKStriple; 12-06-12 at 11:04.

Old 12-06-12, 11:23   #425
jdgun_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStriple View Post
This is JD's way of a subtle smack-down on Ardell and I. He out rides the hell out of us then says "it's not running right"
I did notice more power in the lower RPMs in both Street Triples but I didn't feel like anything was missing on the higher end. But I didn't get all over it either. I was spending my time adjusting to the riding position and appreciating those smooth Ohlins.
I had read that differences in the cams are supposed to have more low/mid torque on the ST and the 'Tona should have more top end.
Not at all Tom, just that the difference between bikes should of been more noticable, not saying the last time i rode Ardells bike i was beting the ever loving shit out of it, but i for sure rode it more like i ride mine and the motor to me felt stronger. more than a +2 rear sprocket gives. But she is still a fun ride,,, really had to refrain from buying a new 675R while getting the R/R yesterday.. was like HMMM these parts i can swap over to the new bike and these put on the old bike for selling it.

Old 12-06-12, 13:38   #426
Neanderthal

With our bikes, it's pretty hard to discern the real engine differences away from the riding position, the exhaust note and aerodynamic feedback. I'm sure the Daytona's top end would show up once over 130 or so, but it's a little difficult to do that on public streets without having sweat seep out of your balls. I enjoy riding both equally - but everyone I know is selling off for a Striple.

JD - with your knees the way they are - I'd strip the goodies off the Daytona and either sell or trade it for a Striple. You know you wanna. You've got first-hand experience now with the front-end swap mod.

Old 12-06-12, 13:48   #427
noclue90

Surely you aren't talking about me...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Old 12-06-12, 13:51   #428
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue90 View Post
Surely you aren't talking about me...
Yes, you, Stef, most likely Stu and JD too.

Old 12-06-12, 13:55   #429
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStriple View Post
...He out rides the hell out of us...
There's not much room for debate there at all. He does let up just enough, from time to time, to keep from totally smashing our egos though.

Now that I think about it, the last time we rode together, I think I managed to stay in front a large portion of the trip!

Old 12-06-12, 13:58   #430
OKStriple

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post
Not at all Tom, just that the difference between bikes should of been more noticable, not saying the last time i rode Ardells bike i was beting the ever loving shit out of it, but i for sure rode it more like i ride mine and the motor to me felt stronger. more than a +2 rear sprocket gives. But she is still a fun ride,,, really had to refrain from buying a new 675R while getting the R/R yesterday.. was like HMMM these parts i can swap over to the new bike and these put on the old bike for selling it.
So what would lead to yours being down on power? Tune? Right combination of aftermarket parts? Just worn out?
I've done some mild engine mods to some cars and a waverunner in the past. For me, it seems like the more I try to get out of it, the more it takes a fine line to get the most out of it falls off quickly if something isn't right.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement