Anybody running heated grips on their 675? - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 12-04-12, 22:05   #11
R

I have the coils from cycle gear that go under the grips with the hi/lo setting, just leave it on high for the most part, although sometimes it does get too warm... I didn't put anything under the clutch side, so it's right on the metal...

They work great for my needs...

in the summer i just unplug the cables from the battery just in case I accidentally flip the switch or something...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-12, 08:14   #12
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey wrench View Post
some grip heaters have two different pieces of heater film and the non throttle side has more heating to power to help with the fact it losses more heat tot the handlebar.
I have the Heat Demons installed on my ST3R, which work as described above and so don't require any insulation on the clutch side handlebar. The throttle side heats up a little more quickly but the temps end up being even on both sides.

I prefer these to the Oxfords because I can swap any rubber handgrips I want onto the bike, keeping the heating elements in place. (I've tried a couple and finally settled on a pair from Oury, they're awesome.) Someone else mentioned they probably wouldn't work well with metal grips like the Rizomas and I suspect that's true, but haven't tried them.

Overall I'm happy with the Heat Demons. The low setting could be stronger, it's only barely noticeable through my gloves. The high setting works well for me, tested down to the low 40s temp riding at highway speeds so far. But I'm not wearing serious winter gloves, only waterproof ones with fairly light insulation.

You might also try running some hand guards in the winter to keep the wind off your hands, if the heated grips aren't enough.

www.deadeyephoto.com

Old 12-06-12, 01:33   #13
Selkie

lol I was looking for the same thing last week after a run through canon city, cripple creek, woodland park, and back to the springs. I thought I was going to lose my fingers from frostbite in Cripple Creek. Even had full gauntlet leathers and latex gloves on.

I went to Apex and they had the kind that you wrapped on the bars and put your grips back over. Cost $30 from them. Went home and put the package next to my bike in the garage. One hour later I found the package torn apart and in pieces all over the backyard from the dog.....damn

Old 12-08-12, 12:54   #14
ZrexRich

I'm using heated grips from R&G Racing. The controler is nicer than the one I've seen for Oxfords and they come with a handlebar mount.

http://www.rg-racing.com/browseType/...HG000122C.aspx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement