For those that went from a literbike... - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 12-04-12, 21:53   #31
Serious

I went the other way from a 675 -> s1000rr. I still ride my 675 occasionally (my brother has it now) and there is a lot I love about that bike...the ergos are perfect, enough grunt, good mileage for street riding and it handles really well. As others have said the power on the s1k is simply berserk and being a BMW fanboi for me I love it.

I dont think you will be disappointed going with a 675R.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-12, 22:10   #32
mello

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacaveliMC View Post
The reality is the only difference is the amount of power. So many people try to make them selves feel better about owning a 600 instead of a 1000 by telling a tall tail of passing a 1000 during a track day, or easily keeping up with their buddies, but the fact is there's a reason why they are in different catagories when it comes to racing. A professional will go faster on a bike with more power than less. Just look at lap times for MotoGP & WorldSBK. In every race this year the 1000's lapped faster than the 600's. The superbikes lapped faster than the supersports. We're past the age of the heavy 1000's, my 1199S weighs as much as my Daytona did stock, and it corners just as well.

In the end, it's just personal preference. A 600 is fast until you ride a 1000. But you're going to have fun on either one, neither is better or worse. One is just a bit faster overall
Yes, agreed. However, someone else mentioned being more relaxed on the smaller cc bike which would most likely lead to better/faster riding. Professional riders are the exception, not the rule.

My experience has been that I am faster on smaller displacement bikes and have more fun while doing it. When I tried to go bigger in MX, I just couldn't get comfortable with all the power and reverted back to my YZ 125. It wasn't so much that I needed more power but moving into the 250/450 bikes was the natural progression. Keep in mind though, I'm just a scrappy 5'7" 150lb rider.

Moving on to the street, I used to have a Street Triple R and also a Speed Triple 1050. I sold the Street Triple R and keep hanging on to the Speed Triple. I like all the power, it's fun and all that but still feels like too much for the street to have fun on without instantly going to jail. I have recently purchased another Street Triple and couldn't be happier. Maybe it's riding style that plays the most part because I'm a very active and engaged rider. Like on the YZ 125, you have to be very active and on the pipe to make it dance but oh, what a dance it is! I feel the same on the 675 and it helps me be loose and fast. It is now definitely my tool of choice but I'm still keeping the liter bike so I can look cool if I'm being honest.

Old 12-05-12, 04:26   #33
chinski

a 1000cc SBK / motoGP bike can't be compared to riding a 1000cc sportbike on the road really, neither can a SBK / motoGP racer on a 1000 be compared to someone on a middleweight who chased down a 1000 on the road, street triple is my 7th bike & is absoltely quicker on road than my 2009 R1, Buell 1125CR, Buell XB12, 954 fireblade etc, it can keep up with my mate on a Tuono V4 aprc while he lays black lines out of corners, i couldnt keep with him on my other bikes through the twistys...any monkey can hit the straights & wind on the throttle, cornering is where the skill is & the smaller bikes do it better for me anyway

Old 12-06-12, 00:59   #34
Geof3

There is a lot of discussion about "faster" here. That liter bikes, because of more power are, therefore, "faster". That isn't necessarily true. Maybe in a flat out drag, that may be the case, but just because a bike has more power it isn't necessarily faster, particularly on the street. There is a threshold on the street that ALL sportbikes have. 100 mph is just as illegal on a 675 as a liter bike, one MIGHT get there faster, but it's no different. A 70 mph corner is a 70 mph corner. Doesn't matter what you are on. I've seen plenty of middleweights slaughter liters on the track. A lot has to do with the rider, the acceleration curve, and the setup of the bike.

Old 12-06-12, 01:30   #35
Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof3 View Post
There is a lot of discussion about "faster" here. That liter bikes, because of more power are, therefore, "faster". That isn't necessarily true. Maybe in a flat out drag, that may be the case, but just because a bike has more power it isn't necessarily faster, particularly on the street. There is a threshold on the street that ALL sportbikes have. 100 mph is just as illegal on a 675 as a liter bike, one MIGHT get there faster, but it's no different. A 70 mph corner is a 70 mph corner. Doesn't matter what you are on. I've seen plenty of middleweights slaughter liters on the track. A lot has to do with the rider, the acceleration curve, and the setup of the bike.
Put the same good rider on a 1000 and he will be faster... they're simply faster machines. Doesn't mean better or worse as that's a case of personal opinion but the fact is a a 1000 is just faster hands down.

Old 12-06-12, 02:12   #36
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious View Post
Put the same good rider on a 1000 and he will be faster... they're simply faster machines. Doesn't mean better or worse as that's a case of personal opinion but the fact is a a 1000 is just faster hands down.
I highly doubt that is true in all cases. If a D675R on a track with short straight sections can't post faster times than a FZ1, with the same rider on each bike, than I'd be very surprised.

Trinity's Build Thread

Old 12-06-12, 06:15   #37
chinski

yep i agree , ive had inline 4 1000's, 1200 v-twins, 1125 v-twins, and now on my 675 i'm faster, so the same rider who is quick on a 675 will not always be faster simply by jumping on a 1000, i am proof of that as i was instantly faster on my 675 than on my crossplane R1, the whole reason i went to a 675 is because after many different types of bikes i have found max RWHP is not always quickest bike once you add corners into the mix.

i have another mate who was on a 2006 636 ninja & moved to a 2012 zx10R , he is so much slower now than before, & yep the little 675 is quicker than him through the hills, the zx10r is not slow & powering out of the apex he can pull away but under brakes & corner speed the smaller bike is much better, now if i jumped on his ninja would i be quicker than on my streety ? doubt it

Old 12-07-12, 20:00   #38
DaytonaGabe

Keep the CBR1000RR for the road, liter bikes are great street bikes and they have power throughout the rev's way more than 600/675's.

My first street bike ever is my '12 S1000RR. I absolutely love the power on the street.. I can just pull the throttle to about 50% and it reminds me of its 193 german hp. Plus the girls like the bigger numbers on the bike's .

My 675R would be a great streetbike too, it's just I don't need something that can turn easier when I don't go around finding curves to replace a track.

And yes, between my S1000RR & 675R, I did notice a pretty big difference in power. I feel like on the street you would notice even more of a difference because you are stop and going all the time. The 675R on the track though keeps a higher speed around corners so it's harder to tell a difference in power. Is the 675R slow? Absolutely not.

With the bike's you have, it seems like you would be happy with anything you chose. So, get the 675R cause it's always cool getting something brand spankin' new ,

Old 12-07-12, 20:23   #39
DaytonaGabe

And everyone arguing about the 1000 vs. 600 and which one is faster, you're wasting your time arguing. Some of the post's I just read really makes me question if some of you have even been to a track or just have common sense when it comes to this.

Someone could get on a 1000 and go faster on a track than if they were riding a 600. And vise versa. Plus, when you guys constantly are talking about track speed, you don't make any sense. "I bet the 675R is faster on a technical track with small straight's than a 1000". Really? Yes that is true if we are talking about stock form, but you are acting like we are comparing these bike's completely decked out...

Yes, 600's are better on a track for a Novice/Intermediate because it teaches them to hit the apex's better and corner speed. On a liter bike you can be lazier with it on the track because you can catch up to people from the power on straights (I'm not talking racing here).

But since 99% of people don't compete with stock bike's, anyone saying 600's are faster than 1000's on track is wrong. Look at AMA/WERA/CCS/etc.

If were talking about the track here, get a 1000 if you can put lot's of cash into it because it will handle like a 600, but pull like a train .

And direct word's Jason DiSalvo told me, "Both classes of bikes have a different style of riding; 1000's are more point and shoot style, while 600's you can keep a higher corner speed so you exit at a faster speed." Something like that haha.

Last edited by DaytonaGabe; 12-07-12 at 20:28.

Old 12-11-12, 06:05   #40
Torchsport

Location: 90 miles from Brainerd International Raceway, Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaGabe View Post
get the 675R cause it's always cool getting something brand spankin' new ,
Like!

Still trying to nail down a deal. We'll see what happens.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement