Waz writes! - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > Australia and Asia-Pacific

Australia and Asia-Pacific AAP Regional forum; rides, get togethers, events

Old 12-04-12, 18:14   #11
bluedaytona02

I'm lucky, there are 3 tracks within 3 hrs from me. And if I really feel like travelling, there are two other states within a day's drive.

I'm struggling to find time with the new job. There's 7 days there if I want it. Plan is to clear the debts, get some savings, replace my car AND THEN... look at another track whore.
Current: '06 Daytona 675 ('08 BEARS winning bike - Chris Panayi) White with Pitty's Custom Vinyls TTC decals STM Slipper Clutch Braking wave rotors with folding/adjustable levers GB engine covers Valter Moto Rearsets Race kit detent wheel & idle adjuster 1050 throttle tube Captive Wheel Spacers MotoGems bling Vortex clip-ons, Stomp grip 520 conversion Puig screen Madaz slip-on Intake flapper & Ex-up removed Swing-arm pivot mod. Thinner head gasket Custom tune

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-12, 18:40   #12
Mart3y

Sounds like down south is where its at. If you're into straight and bad condition roads, CQ is the place to be haha.

Old 12-04-12, 18:53   #13
bluedaytona02

I've you've ever been to Winton you'll know the appalling condition that the black top is in. The club I used to belong to hard are large number of riders refuse to go there.

Broady is a bit of a goat track but still fun...

But Phillip Island is where it's at!!!

I really enjoyed Eastern creek when I went there years ago. It's been done up since too!!
Current: '06 Daytona 675 ('08 BEARS winning bike - Chris Panayi) White with Pitty's Custom Vinyls TTC decals STM Slipper Clutch Braking wave rotors with folding/adjustable levers GB engine covers Valter Moto Rearsets Race kit detent wheel & idle adjuster 1050 throttle tube Captive Wheel Spacers MotoGems bling Vortex clip-ons, Stomp grip 520 conversion Puig screen Madaz slip-on Intake flapper & Ex-up removed Swing-arm pivot mod. Thinner head gasket Custom tune

Old 12-04-12, 20:10   #14
Mart3y

Never actually been that far west, but I can imagine what it's like after some of the roads in rural towns we pass through when heading to the twisties.

I'd still consider myself quite the novice when it comes to riding in the twisies (it was 6 months between my most recent trips) and well, since i've never been on the track, i'm gonna head to lakeside park for Stay Upright's Advanced 2 course early next year. That'll get me on the track with some good guidance while i'm at it.

Old 12-04-12, 20:13   #15
JayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaytona02 View Post

But Phillip Island is where it's at!!!

I really enjoyed Eastern creek when I went there years ago. It's been done up since too!!
Agree PI is awesome - certainly the pick of the bunch in Oz.

EC is still pretty good - the removations only added a new section (very tight and twisty) but the rest of the track is as you would remember 3 yrs ago - certainly not in as good a condition as PI!
Track - 2006 R6 sold :(

Old 12-05-12, 23:46   #16
CrazyCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
Agree PI is awesome - certainly the pick of the bunch in Oz.
Yup!

...and you don't have to do a track day the way Waz describes, either.

My first track day on the Street Triple was 1,050 kms from home to the Isle of Wight Hotel (now sadly gone), sleep the night there, do the P.I. track day, back to hotel for "tea" well mostly beer, then ride home the next day.

This was riding the bike down and back, no tyre warmers, no carpet for the garage, no spare fuel, no luxuries like that.

I still had lots of fun.

It does make you think a bit more about what you are doing on the track when you know you've got over 1,000kms to get home the next day.

regards,CrazyCam

Old 12-06-12, 00:14   #17
bluedaytona02

My first track day was on my street ride - a 2002 Daytona 955i which I'd bought new and of course, it was my pride n' joy (and it was blue - hence my name!!).
As part of a special the Superbike School ran at the bike expo, I received a free track day. Combined with the Level 1 school, this was my introduction to track riding.

Both days, I rode from Melbourne, stripped mirrors and racks and stuff at the track prior to scrutineering and obviously taped my lights as well. We had no extra fuel, lunch was whatever we could get at the canteen and if it all went pear-shaped, well, we would have dealt with that too I guess.

Everything went fine. In fact, it went so well that I got the bug and bought a damaged Daytona 600 that I turned into a dedicated track whore.

Over the time that I have spent at the track, I have seen the other side as well. Riders with the latest and greatest go through pre-start, only to be left high and dry after things turn to shit part way through the day.

I'm one of those people who over-analyze things and try and mitigate every risk. I know motorcycling is inherently dangerous, but I try and control that which is within my power. My write-up shows an extension of that...

Thanks for your comments.

One thing that someone posted on the facebook page was how much your riding improves. I absolutely agree with that. And that consistent improvement is part of the addiction, most easily recognized by lowering your lap times.

Old 12-08-12, 08:03   #18
Biggsy01

Awesome write up!! I'm looking at doing to my 1st track day early in the new year at Qld Raceway. Have been seaching through the forum trying to find as much info as possible and that write up pretty much covered it all. Really wanting to get the GB protection bundle prior to though just in case

Old 12-08-12, 15:05   #19
bluedaytona02

Another option is the Woodcraft billet covers plus the GB clutch cover. The billet ones have a replaceable 'slider' and come with new gaskets.

R&G may also do them now as well.

Plenty of crash knobs around - Sato, Oggy Knobs, GB racing.... just make sure u get the two point mounted ones and not the singles like R&G, Woodcraft or Skyking as with the singles, you generally need to carve up your fairing to make them fit.

Can I also suggest a carbon tank corner cover... just in case...

Old 12-08-12, 15:09   #20
bluedaytona02

Also a set of traction pads like Stomp grips or Tech Specs help you grip the tank with your inner thigh, reducing the 'death grip' on the 'bars.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement