2013 Daytona 675 & 675R first look - Page 14 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 12-05-12, 22:03   #131
santonelli

Hmm a bit Kwaka 636 looking at the front, not sure if I could live with that Beluga Whale front end. Luckily not looking at upgrading any time soon so not a problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-12, 01:02   #132
MacBandit

It doesn't have a whale like front end. It's just a weird photo. Watch the videos. There are a couple ribs that run down around the intake that from the angle of the photo make the front end look bigger then it is. The real profile is nearly identical to the old front end.

Old 12-06-12, 04:56   #133
pararas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm007 View Post
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bike...-daytona-675r/

U-G-L-Y. It looks like it wants to do an endo on its front wheel. Ugly sub-frame. Homogenized. It looks like they took bits and pieces from old and new Japanese bikes. It doesn't stir the soul like the previous generation Daytona.
I totally agree,but wouldnt you like the new motor on yours?
+1000 on rev limiter...

Old 12-10-12, 15:37   #134
GT_Hawk

Is it just me of dose that tail light look like the gixxr tail light ???

And now the tail just looks odd to me. Not that the pipe is moved, but overall its just odd

Last edited by GT_Hawk; 12-11-12 at 00:30.

Old 12-26-12, 15:29   #135
s9pa

I first complained about the exhaust being moved, then I saw pictures of the whole bike and I was speechless. I definitely won't be getting that one for sure... If anything I will upgrade to a 2012 D675R, but not anywhere closer to this 2013 model.

-------------
| 08 D675 |
-------------

Old 12-27-12, 12:14   #136
Shinobi

I have to say since my 2010 was sold I've been burning to get back in the saddle, I love the 2012 675R but sadly gonna be hard to find when I'm ready to buy. I had high hopes for the 2013 675 but after seeing what they've changed it too it seems like some CEO said he liked this design / crap and no one objected (job security). I think any product needs to evolve with the times to improve but you have to not only make it before better but keep it attractive. I'm not ashamed to say that if I had to buy a 2013 bike its going to be a Kawasaki 636 in white. I had alot of respect for my 09 I know that it isn't as unique or rare as the 675 but IMO I think the new 636 is a better bike in performance and looks. Which i have to admit its pretty sad to say. If I jump on another triple after 2013 it'll be a F3 unless triumph gets there head right or let me come join the design crew and I'll help them make a bike we all secretly fap to.

Last edited by Shinobi; 12-27-12 at 12:23.

Old 12-27-12, 12:24   #137
norville2

None of you have yet seen this thing in the flesh, surely you need to see this before making up your mind. I bet once you see this baby then you will think differently.
BST carbon wheels, Triumph Quick Shifter, Pazzo Leavers, Woodcraft Covers, Arrows Rear Sets. Zard Low Boy Exhaust Pitbull steering damper, fully floating discs low gel seat Daytona 650 mirrors.....and the list goes on and on and on.

Old 12-27-12, 12:28   #138
MacBandit

I agree the only big change to the lines of the is the exhaust. The headlight profile is actually the same despite the change to reflectors.

Old 12-27-12, 12:31   #139
norville2

On my Daytona I have the Zard Low Boy and would not change that for the World. It keeps me much cooler in the summer and the sound......it pops and bangs like a race bike....
BST carbon wheels, Triumph Quick Shifter, Pazzo Leavers, Woodcraft Covers, Arrows Rear Sets. Zard Low Boy Exhaust Pitbull steering damper, fully floating discs low gel seat Daytona 650 mirrors.....and the list goes on and on and on.

Old 12-28-12, 02:57   #140
Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
I have to say since my 2010 was sold I've been burning to get back in the saddle, I love the 2012 675R but sadly gonna be hard to find when I'm ready to buy. I had high hopes for the 2013 675 but after seeing what they've changed it too it seems like some CEO said he liked this design / crap and no one objected (job security). I think any product needs to evolve with the times to improve but you have to not only make it before better but keep it attractive. I'm not ashamed to say that if I had to buy a 2013 bike its going to be a Kawasaki 636 in white. I had alot of respect for my 09 I know that it isn't as unique or rare as the 675 but IMO I think the new 636 is a better bike in performance and looks. Which i have to admit its pretty sad to say. If I jump on another triple after 2013 it'll be a F3 unless triumph gets there head right or let me come join the design crew and I'll help them make a bike we all secretly fap to.
Um, I think you should check out some of the early reviews from the launch at Cartegena, Spain. Some have dared to say that it's one of the very best, if not the best, sportbike ever made. All so far have praised it unconditionally. I've never read reviews that were better than the ones for this bike.

I'm not saying you should blindly believe what a bunch of journos on a junket write, but to dismiss this bike so roundly in terms of aesthetics without seeing it in person and to then pronounce that its outperformed by any other bike is a bit premature, don't you think?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement