MOKANAR (mo-ok-kan-ar) - Page 42 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > North America > MOKANAR

Old 12-04-12, 13:53   #411
DaytonaSpidey

What kinda ride you lookin for?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-12, 16:15   #412
OKStriple

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaSpidey View Post
What kinda ride you lookin for?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
This one is wife's call. We have a list of about 12 to potentially look at and the first 4 we plan to make an offer on before moving on to the next one. All are 2009. Either Audi A4 S-Line Cabriolet, or Mercedes C300 Sport and a few other German cars. She tends to alternate between cheaper car/flashy car. She just got rid of a 2006 Grand Cherokee with 86000 miles so now it's time to move up.(we really only have 1 car besides our kids cars and neither of them live with us anymore)
Since I spent a good chunk of her saved up car money on the Triumph, this is NOT a good time to tell her 'no'.
Personally, I hope we can work a deal on one of the Audi's because we had a C230 before the Grand Cherokee and the C230 build quality was crap, the transmission was questionable, and it was a ***** to get it sold down the road.

All I care about is my Street Triple and like, maybe 3 or 4 people

Last edited by OKStriple; 12-04-12 at 16:44.

Old 12-04-12, 16:41   #413
ssbfgc

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStriple View Post
This one is wife's call. We have a list of about 12 to potentially look at and the first 4 we plan to make an offer on before moving on to the next one. All are 2009. Either Audi A4 S-Line Cabriolet, or Mercedes C300 Sport and a few other German cars. She tends to alternate between cheaper car/flashy car. She just got rid of a 2006 Grand Cherokee with 86000 miles so now it's time to move up.
Since I spent a good chunk of her saved up car money on the Triumph, this is NOT a good time to tell her 'no'.
Personally, I hope we can work a deal on one of the Audi's because we had a C230 before the Grand Cherokee and the C230 build quality was crap, the transmission was questionable, and it was a ***** to get it sold down the road.
All the partners at my firm drive Audis and Lexuses (doesn't sound right). Every once in a while I get to take a ride in a sweet A8 or a Lexus LS460L. Audi is much sweeter. Go with the Audi

Old 12-04-12, 16:50   #414
noclue90

I've wanted an A8 W12 ever since Transporter...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Old 12-04-12, 17:06   #415
OKStriple

Looking at this and another one nearly identical to it:

This might also set the stage for me picking up a cheap older pickup to haul the bike around in. Need to see how many times we have to borrow a Truck/Suv because we cant haul something in my Fusion.
I will HATE having a black car again if we get this one. Last black car I tried to be one of those anal retentive detail freaks. 2 buckets to wash the car (one wash one rinse) clay bars, Zaino wax, quick detailer spray every couple days. It's time consuming to keep one looking good.
I'll also hate having some car payments again

Last edited by OKStriple; 12-04-12 at 17:17.

Old 12-05-12, 14:44   #416
OKStriple

eeek....reading reviews of the 2.0T with CVT transmission are not good. Reliable but painfully slow according to most reviews. She's not looking for something 'fast' or at least not by my standards 'fast', but she does have a lead foot and the Audi might not work out. She had a backup C300 that every available options and she was sure she would take as a second choice but looks like that one sold yesterday. So I guess the game plan now is test drive the Audi, if it drives good buy it and if not, move on to a list of BMW/Merc that is a mile long.

Old 12-05-12, 19:45   #417
jdgun_13

Well Tom if it makes you feel any better about spending the money on your bike, My back to back butt dyno was pretty much right.
Based off magazine dyno's of yours & Ardell's bikes, you guys should be putting down the same if not a tad more power to the ground than Ol Yeller....

Will post up my dyno results in the mod section.

Old 12-05-12, 21:27   #418
DaytonaSpidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post
Well Tom if it makes you feel any better about spending the money on your bike, My back to back butt dyno was pretty much right.
Based off magazine dyno's of yours & Ardell's bikes, you guys should be putting down the same if not a tad more power to the ground than Ol Yeller....

oh no we need mo powwwwer....sound the alarm

Old 12-05-12, 21:32   #419
jdgun_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaSpidey View Post
oh no we need mo powwwwer....sound the alarm
The sad part about it Spidey, is you and i have the same year and colored bike!
Maybe i got one of them weak ones you hear about.. Full system, free mods, bmc race air filter, bazzaz Z-Fi, custom tune... damn thing makes less than my 05 636 did stock..
Good thing i can at least use 100% of the power.

Old 12-06-12, 00:49   #420
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post

Hmm.... Nothing glaring (as far as power delivery) really jumped out at me jumping from my bike to your bike (and Bretts for that matter as well). All 3 bikes seemed to pull the same from around 60-100 or so, , the Striple had a very slight edge down low and the Daytona had it on top. I could def tell the tune on your bike was a little "crisper" than the tune Brett was running, but the total differences were not that big a deal.

JD - perhaps your elevation right now has affected the dyno results?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement