Harley-Davidson Iron 883 - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 12-04-12, 22:58   #21
slavei

the fastest i ever got one of those turds up to was 90 mph and that was wound out, downhill, etc...however. if youre looking for a high priced engine build to get up to 100+hp that motor will make more power than the bigtwins from hd. ok negatives out of the way...it looks cool, theres a ton of stuff you can do with it, and its a light(although almost rigid) harley.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-12, 00:35   #22
Casper675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
I'm not a cruiser guy, but I also have rode a Victory Hammer - it was soooo much better built and finished then the H-D...
I agree. The Victory I test rode was so smooth and had a lot more kick to it than any HD I've tried.

But a buddy had a 1200 sportster and it's still a fun motorcycle, even if it's less power and more weight.

Like others said, there's about a billion ways to customize it. If you have the money and can add money to customize... go for it. Although, if you customize over the top, nobody will buy it from you if you try to sell.

Old 12-05-12, 01:07   #23
Smoke

Yes, everybody has an opinion, and being the refined gentlemen we are, we recommend Bonnies for cruisability, without sacrifying performance, which is the smart choice. But everyone is free to make dumb and costly choices, of course

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35

Old 12-05-12, 01:23   #24
chinski

i used to get the 883 sporty as a loan bike while my buells were in getting serviced, i took them for cruises down the coast road but found after an hour or so it hurts my tailbone, seating postition on a sport bike / upright sport bike has you sitting on your bum cheeks which i found more comfy than sitting on tailbone as the 883 does, i havnt owned one so maybe you could fit a more comfy seat & fix that problem if you had one in the shed

Old 12-05-12, 11:15   #25
jpenney

I used to own a Nightster and have been around Sportsters quite a bit. In fact the first bike I rode was a Sportster.

They are the only Harley I like. They are heavy and slow. They look awesome.

That said, The Iron 883 has a nice price, but you will want the 1200 eventually. It's not too expensive to convert (NRHS has nice kits) but makes a HUGE difference in the way it feel, mostly in the bottom end. The 1200 always some punch where the 883 seems a bit anemic in comparison.

It's NOT at all like a Street Triple, but I'm sure you know that. Turning is slow and imprecise, acceleration is exciting but not actually fast. It shakes like crazy. Despite all of this, they are still pretty charming. It's a great bike for just tooling around on and roasting back tires.

Old 12-05-12, 11:33   #26
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

I thought Buell stopped selling Harleys...

Old 12-05-12, 19:21   #27
one4ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben5 View Post
Anybody on here have one of these? Just seems to call to me. I'm not a fan of chrome and this bike for a HD doesn't have much. The price is right being around $ 8 grand.

Any opinions out there?
No, I do not have one.

Yes, I have an opinion but... it's not worth sharing.

Old 12-07-12, 07:07   #28
scout30

I own an Iron 883 along with my Street Triple. I love both bikes but they obviously weren't meant to compete with one another. They both have good qualities and I enjoy them equally. Trying to compare the two is pointless, its like saying I should sell my Jeep Wrangler because its not as fast or as sporty as a Porsche 911.

Old 12-07-12, 18:32   #29
BritWheeler

No one has mentioned the Thunderbird as a better option for a cruiser so I will, how about the Thunderbird.
Better power delivery, brakes, lighter weight, accessory options available, minimal chrome/blacked out in the Storm iteration.
Almost always wins in comparos with the other cruisers.
And you don't have to buy in to the "lifestyle" with matching underwear, etc...

Old 12-07-12, 19:09   #30
Duc Hunter 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Yes, everybody has an opinion, and being the refined gentlemen we are, we recommend Bonnies for cruisability, without sacrifying performance, which is the smart choice. But everyone is free to make dumb and costly choices, of course
Props to the bonnie. Iron makes me think heavy and slow. Bonneville makes me think fast and sleek.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement