Chain / sprocket size question - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
post #11 of 13 Old 12-03-12, 07:39
Anybody have any input for me?? I'm planning on putting a new supersprox rear sprocket on but going up 2 teeth to 49 and staying with 16 in the front.. Is a 525-116 chain going to work with this or do I need a different chain??
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 13 Old 12-05-12, 16:44
116 links is enough. The chain will more than likely come with 120 and you will have to cut away some links. don't forget to take into account the master link that you are attaching!

1997 YZF100R/Thunderace - She committed suicide 15Mar07!
2008 Daytona 675 - She was murdered 30Jan13
2013 Daytona 675R - Sexy reincarnation 15Mar13!
post #13 of 13 Old 12-05-12, 18:04
I ran 520s on both my Ducati and Speed Triple. No problems at all. The key is, correct adjustment. Same thing with aluminum rear sprockets. Steel fronts are the way to go. Aluminum rears wear out a bit faster, but not much if you do proper maintenance. If you get a high quality chain it is not a problem to run a 520. If you change your sprocket sizes your mileage recording will be incorrect as well as your speedometer. You will need to get a speedo-healer to compensate if that is an issue for you.

In terms of changing chains/sprockets etc. I have always stuck with changing the entire package at the same time. It's less hassle and you know exactly what the mileage is on the entire final drive.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph675.Net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode