FMF Apex Full Exhaust w/ Dual Carbon Mufflers - Page 11 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Platinum Vendor Area > Riders Discount

Riders Discount Sponsor forum for Riders Discount

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-12, 13:11   #101
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

Just a fun photo, to show the kids how neat this system looks while being passed.

It sounds fantastic too. I had several people stop by our camp and ask about it. One girl said: "That every time I passed her, she would become mesmerized by the sound and the shiny wheels". Ha!

My Girl: http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76881

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-12, 13:18   #102
RidersDiscount

Looks great!

Old 12-01-12, 02:05   #103
!!675R!!

So do you have to remove the cooling fans for this system? I was told you have to take it off.... Killer pic BTW shouldnthave

Old 12-01-12, 02:29   #104
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!675R!! View Post
So do you have to remove the cooling fans for this system? I was told you have to take it off.... Killer pic BTW shouldnthave
Nope, I didn't have to change anything that was stock on the bike. I did have to cut my lower fearing (race set for the 2006-08) to fit the lowest pipe, but I have new "skinz" (2009-12) on the way that should fit the lower header just fine, so I'm told.

I also read that people had a problem with after market oil filter fitment, but I have not had an issue in the least. I run a K&N oil filter, and I had no issues at all changing it two days ago. I was all prepared to pull it apart, but didn't need to.

One thing that I should point out that I haven't read in any FMF thread. This pipe is for the track only. Not for the road, not ever. This is seriously a loud, loud pipe. Great sound, but I couldn't even imagine a pipe that loud on the road.

At full speed in the straight she is pushing 102 decibels. I accidentally took one lap without my ear plugs, I swear I'll never hear the same again.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 12-01-12, 02:35   #105
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

Oh! I had an old racer admire them at the track. He said: "Hot damn, just look at those! Do you know what FMF stands for?"

Me: "...nope..."

Him: "Fast Mother Fu@ker! They started the company in the 70's when you could say things like that."

Haha! I love the older racers, Jebus they have lifetimes of tricks and smarts.

Old 12-01-12, 07:13   #106
!!675R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldnthave View Post
Nope, I didn't have to change anything that was stock on the bike. I did have to cut my lower fearing (race set for the 2006-08) to fit the lowest pipe, but I have new "skinz" (2009-12) on the way that should fit the lower header just fine, so I'm told.

I also read that people had a problem with after market oil filter fitment, but I have not had an issue in the least. I run a K&N oil filter, and I had no issues at all changing it two days ago. I was all prepared to pull it apart, but didn't need to.

One thing that I should point out that I haven't read in any FMF thread. This pipe is for the track only. Not for the road, not ever. This is seriously a loud, loud pipe. Great sound, but I couldn't even imagine a pipe that loud on the road.

At full speed in the straight she is pushing 102 decibels. I accidentally took one lap without my ear plugs, I swear I'll never hear the same again.

Well nice to know that i wouldnt have to make any additional mods if I got them. Thanks! I will have to listen to a sound clip and see what they sound like.

Quote:
Oh! I had an old racer admire them at the track. He said: "Hot damn, just look at those! Do you know what FMF stands for?"

Me: "...nope..."

Him: "Fast Mother Fu@ker! They started the company in the 70's when you could say things like that."

Haha! I love the older racers, Jebus they have lifetimes of tricks and smarts.

Old people are cool.....

Old 12-01-12, 11:46   #107
RidersDiscount

Quote:

These are definitely not quiet.

Old 12-05-12, 13:55   #108
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidersDiscount View Post
These are definitely not quiet.
Good news everyone! I was in fear of not being able to ride at Sonoma Raceway 'Sears Point' due to the noise restrictions at the track with my FMF Apex installed. At Thunderhill I was pushing 102 DB (that's one DB short of being kicked off the track), and SR has an even lower limit...

I called FMF, and it turns out they have a DB killer available! You insert one into the back of each can. They have two directions, one is for a small sound reduction, and the other is for a heavy sound reduction. They said the small reduction will not require a re-map, but the heavy direction probably will.

This is great news, and they will be in my kit of tricks if I ever get the meatball flag while zooming around the track for sure. They are only $8 each, and well worth the insurance if you ask me.

Last edited by shouldnthave; 12-05-12 at 14:20.

Old 12-05-12, 14:12   #109
RidersDiscount

Good news

Old 12-17-12, 19:24   #110
Martineli69

There was a guy with them yesterday at the track... they are sexy and LOUD!!!

TJ, do you know how this compares to the Arrow full system? weightwise? Thanks!

Can you please send me the price for both? Thanks!

Last edited by Martineli69; 12-17-12 at 19:30.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread