Under-Tail Exhaust: Almost Gone and Good Riddance - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 12-03-12, 14:05   #31
jdgun_13

Let's not forget the simplest end point to all the manufacturers.... MAKING MONEY.

The undertail exhaust use more material without a doubt, the whole underbelly has nothing to do with emmisions, but about mass centralization and whats TRENDY and costs the least amount of money to make...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-12, 14:17   #32
Knolly
BOTM Winner

Plus aside from making money, Triumph's goal is to make the fastest bike they can at a certain price point. They don't care if 99.9% of buyers can't take advantage of a low exhaust, but Disalvo can.

Old 12-03-12, 14:57   #33
01xj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker2.0 View Post
While i enjoy performance i will really never need to eek out every ounce i can find, because im not the kind of guy to hit the track. The difference between undertail and low-slung exhausts will be nearly non existant to me at my level of riding, even in the mountains.

This bike is already outperforming my needs in every aspect. So i dont feel a real urge to argue over the drawbacks of exhaust placement.

How many of us REALLY ride this bike to its limit anyway?

Now i do like the fact that if i low side my bike, there is a very good chance the exhaust will come out fine because it is an undertail exhaust. I also like that fact i dont have burns on the inside of my calf/ankle like i did on my SV650s.
You don't need to be riding at the peak of performance to notice a difference. I took the underseat exhaust off my old FZ-6 and it was nearly 30 pounds shed off the bike. I noticed a huge difference in handling.

I think the underseat exhaust looks cool, but it is a pain in the ass when trying to pack and travel.

Old 12-03-12, 17:36   #34
brancart1
Race Team Sponsor & Beer Pongaholic

Send a message via Skype™ to brancart1

I understand the reason for getting rid of undertail exhausts but I honestly think they look the best.

Old 12-03-12, 21:25   #35
Geof3

I'm thinking my Zard system dropped the weight by about 15 lbs and dropped it lower on the bike. Can't be a bad thing. Ducati's undertails were serious ass roasters. Who needs a headed seat when you have undertail exhaust!!

Last edited by Geof3; 12-05-12 at 00:11.

Old 12-04-12, 22:09   #36
Trip

As someone who rides year-round in New York, I can say that I enjoy the undertail in the winter months!

The weight and placement is significant, though, even on the road. Please, let's not compare a street bike to a MotoGP bike. If they think the need the exhaust volume and running one pipe undertail gets them there, they can mitigate the negative effects with lots of unobtainium and money. They're not running steel exhausts designed to be cost effective while lasting many thousand road miles.

As far as offering an undertail as an option, it's possible but probably not practical. More parts to test, produce and stock and. Then you've got a mod which goes against the mass-centralization engineering and might actually lessen performance. Best left to the aftermarket.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 12-05-12, 01:20   #37
Smoke

I've heard an aftermarket undertail for the Panigale (was it a Zard ?) offers an advantage of about 20 hp in the midrange versus the OEM one, exactly what their pilots want, but they probably won't get it because they're tied to Termignoni and the lowboy dogma

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35

Old 12-06-12, 11:11   #38
havenoclu

I would love a low exhaust simply so my ass doesn't fry. Nothing worse than heading somewhere only to realize that your ass is soaked by the time you get there. This might only be a problem for those of us that are prone to swamp ass, I realize..

Old 12-07-12, 19:24   #39
DaytonaGabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by havenoclu View Post
I would love a low exhaust simply so my ass doesn't fry. Nothing worse than heading somewhere only to realize that your ass is soaked by the time you get there. This might only be a problem for those of us that are prone to swamp ass, I realize..
hahahaha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement