[Track] Really fast corners and throttle... - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Riding Skills

Riding Skills Tips, lessons, experiences, etc. Beginner, intermediate and advanced.

Old 12-04-12, 06:19   #21
Ricardo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October View Post
Trail brake, then start rolling on, using the "once the throttle is cracked open..." rule, until you have desired direction, then 1-2-3?
Im talking about fast, no braking corners, with full lean...

maybe trail braking isnt applicable, only rolling off and maintaining till you stand up and wot...?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-12, 08:57   #22
Martineli69

Rikke,

I think all corners are different but probably on fast corners you just roll off, lean + maintenece trottle and then pin it..

Check out 23race.com they have some nice vids on there from 2 AMA guys. They have some fast corners there.

Probably the best for you is to go to interlagos and try it!! :) see what works best...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Old 12-04-12, 10:05   #23
MacaveliMC

On fast, no brake corners, it is really just a matter of letting off the throttle the proper amount and getting back on as soon as you can.

But of course corners you have to brake for are a bit different.

Let me just say this: there is NEVER an appropriate situation to "WHACK" the throttle to wide open. 1. That doesn't allow your suspension to work properly and give you full traction, and 2. If you find yourself at a place where you could be at full throttle, then you're already too slow with your wrist, because you could have been rolling the throttle on.

Go watch just about any professional rider, and they all do just about the same thing for any braking corner: They keep their speed as long as possible, then they get hard on the brakes, and as they dip into the corner they begin to release the brake in parallel with their lean until full lean and approximate apex, when they are just reaching the end of their brake handles limit, and immediately and smoothly transferring to rolling on the throttle, as if it is one control. They pretty much NEVER "whack" on their throttle, or immediately release their brake, it's always smooth all the time.

Remember, slow is smooth, and smooth is fast ;-)

"I actually just have my throttle cable pulled so its
wide open even when i start the bike. balls to the
wall is how i live, screw stoplights and slow people."
- TwoWheeledWonder

Old 12-08-12, 10:41   #24
Papachristou

OP, there are limitless variables to every turn. These can range from conditions, asphalt, tires, weather, your skill, confidence, riding style etc. YOU have to feel what is right for YOU at each and every corner. No one on the internet can say you need to do XXX at each corner for X seconds.
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Old 03-06-13, 09:51   #25
Forcereal

Default [Track] Really fast corners and throttle...

Redoctober, maybe I need to bump down to L2 cause I must have missed all of this information lol.

Brandt preaches that if you're not fighting the rear for traction you can be on the throttle earlier, faster, and harder(still not slamming the throttle open but making it quick). Which I've been working on since I got my triple clicker and some GPAs.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
08 D675 CMRA Novice #756
98 M3- daily/auto-x
07 D-Max 2500- recovery vehicle, bike hauler

Old 03-07-13, 23:17   #26
Red October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcereal View Post
Redoctober, maybe I need to bump down to L2 cause I must have missed all of this information lol.

Brandt preaches that if you're not fighting the rear for traction you can be on the throttle earlier, faster, and harder(still not slamming the throttle open but making it quick). Which I've been working on since I got my triple clicker and some GPAs.

Well, they dont' teach that in lvl2 either. We're taking ARC next week at ECR so I'm about to learn all about all of my shortcomings.

Old 03-08-13, 02:05   #27
Forcereal

Have fun, was going to go to that but am opting for TT at the end of the month instead. Art should be a great instructor in the ARC class he works his butt off to race and be fast. I might take the next ARC at TWS.
Shawn

08 D675 CMRA Novice #756
98 M3- daily/auto-x

Old 03-08-13, 02:27   #28
blondguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacaveliMC View Post
Remember, slow is smooth, and smooth is fast ;-)
That makes me want to get out the Crown Royal

Old 03-10-13, 22:09   #29
Red October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcereal View Post
Have fun, was going to go to that but am opting for TT at the end of the month instead. Art should be a great instructor in the ARC class he works his butt off to race and be fast. I might take the next ARC at TWS.
Shawn

We just had a mini-ARC at MSRH with him (RS is trying out a more individual instruction for lvl3-wanna-be's) with Art. He goes out and films you and other small group, like ARC but in lvl2 and no shirts. You just ride your own pace. Had an awesome time and good "you should be here, not a foot over there" commentary.
If TT ran a 2-day at ECR I'd totally be there. Just not worth it for a day, it costs almost as much in gas as it does for TD.

Old 03-10-13, 22:23   #30
Forcereal

Yea Art always seemed super calm and reassuring maybe it's cause he is quiet lol.

Yea ECR is a drive, I just wanna sure up some lines and passing areas before the race there. I'm not very fast so the more comfortable I am with a track the less ill stress trying to sneak by people.

Saw the rain pics on WFO/HPC. How'd that work out?

08 D675 CMRA Novice #756
98 M3- daily/auto-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement