Custom Exhaust Pic Final - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 12-03-12, 16:35   #21
takamine

I dig the concept of being different, but not too crazy about the looks. But hey, to each their own.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-12, 19:30   #22
tp555

The style nazi's hate it. Thats the only thing they can do.I don't care. I designed the entire thing for free flow open pipe quiet exhaust. The internals are a new design. First time in existence.The sound tone and volume are the big deal. On the relative scale its quiet but has a strong tone 4-6k rpms.So i know how that design works. My normal design is quieter and more work but still open pipe free flow. i just finished making it and have to clean up the welds. After that i'll do a post w/pics. Its quieter than stock by 1-2 DB's.
I'll keep it. Suits my style. Once you have something in physical form you can slick it up.
Thats not my area of expertise. The factory makes big exhausts to quiet them down enough but sacrifices perf. I got free flow quiet glasspack designs that work. Noise is easy and less work.Wait for the custom 2"s. They look the same just natural SS.

Old 12-04-12, 11:04   #23
Scottie

Scott

Old 12-04-12, 11:39   #24
Disrupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp555 View Post
Pipe is 1 1/4" OD which is about right for 337 cc's. if you don't know what size works with engine CC's look it up. Or measure the dia of the new 2013 street exhaust. Its a single. Or go to a bike shop and measure the dia of the exhausts on a 1000 cc bike with duals. Why are they small? There is a pipe size for engine size that relates to where the power band maxes out. Going up in size raises the rpm range and smaller lowers it. Or cut open the stockers and look at the small tubes that the gases are forced thru which is the most restricted point. If you don't want to do that just wait a while. After i'm done with the current project I will do just that and post the pics.
Ok makes sense, everything should proportional. I wish the honda guys that run 5" exhaust on their 1.5L engine could learn that.

Old 12-05-12, 19:23   #25
techt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp555 View Post
Finally got some time to finish it.Good old heat paint works. The usual short exhaust vid
here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipa8B...ature=youtu.be
Drive by vid gives more sound quality details.
Sorry, but those things are ugly as shit!

Daytona 675R
Akrapovic Header/Comp Werks Exhaust
Power Commander/AutoTune/K&N Air Filter
STM Slipper Clutch/GPR Steering Damper
GB Racing Covers/T-Rex Racing Sliders
Zero Gravity Double Bubble/Sato Racing Rear Sets/Hooks
Racing Sharkskinz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement