Thinkin about leaving... - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Off Topic > Stuff of interest

Stuff of interest General Off-Topic topics - anything that's on your mind. Please read the rules before posting

Old 12-02-12, 23:24   #11
Moeman

Race track list in the USA
http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Track...tes_Of_America

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-12, 23:24   #12
louie3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
Damn fellas you're about to make this real lol. There is a lot more going into this decision as you can imagine, so I need to round off any possible sharp edges before I go.

jk what part of Florida? I have a cousin living in north Miami.

if youre looking to get away from fake people, miami is not the place.

hit the road and see where it takes you. you arent the only one that thinks or feels the way you do, hell, youre on a triumph forum, all of us on here share a very unique taste in motorcycles.

sounds like you have no burdens holding you back, now just take the leap.

"Life is all about maximizing experiences and minimizing regrets, and the last thing you want is to regret the experiences you didn't have." -MadMel

Old 12-02-12, 23:26   #13
louie3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMel View Post
Hit the road. Life is all about maximising experiences and minimising regrets, and the last thing you want is to be regretting the experiences you didn't have.

I'm a bit of a nomad myself... I'd guess that I've lived in something like 20 towns. Liked most, didn't like a couple, haven't regretted any, met people whose company I enjoy in all.

great post. i like that first quote, may have to put that in my sig line.

"Life is all about maximizing experiences and minimizing regrets, and the last thing you want is to regret the experiences you didn't have." -MadMel

Old 12-03-12, 00:08   #14
Smoke

Don't let the yarning to escape make you mis what's right under your nose, though ;)

I'd say people are truer where living is harsher.

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35

Old 12-03-12, 01:50   #15
Zen

Maybe you're right, how long do I wait to find out though lol.

Last edited by Zen; 12-03-12 at 01:56.

Old 12-03-12, 09:13   #16
apbt4life

come down here to miami we have a nice group we ride with weekly, you will find some fake people down here just like you'll find fake people everywhere you go. The bottom line is life is what you make of it and it all depends on you! the type of attitude you have towards it.

Old 12-03-12, 12:50   #17
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

I did the same thing when I was 20. I had just graduated from The University of Utah, and I had enough of that town. I spent my whole life in Salt Lake City, and wanted to find a better life. I sold two motorcycles, had a big garage sale, packed my bags, hopped on my CBR F3, and rode off.

I went to LA and stayed there for a few months. I didn’t really like it all that much, so I rode up to San Francisco and I have been here ever since. Lots of great tracks, tons of fun stuff to do, AMAZING roads to ride, wine country just a quick shoot up the road, or take the twisties. I absolutely love this town (Northern CA in general really), and would not trade it for any other city.

The best thing I ever did for my soul was hop on my bike and ride off. Was it easy? No, but it was worth it.

My Girl: http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76881

Old 12-03-12, 14:03   #18
MakinBeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
Hey guys, any of you just pack all of your necessities in a couple boxes, slap a shipping label on them, jump on your bike, and just go?

I live in the Inland Empire (not Anaheim) region of California, where life is, for the most part, not possible. Buy not possible, I mean, here mostly everything is fake. From the buildings to the pavement, landscape to atmosphere, here in the inland empire, it's tough to get in touch with mother nature. Here in the inland empire, it's hard to eat healthy, hard to be heard, hard to make a global difference.

Here most people have a false sense of accomplishment, a yearn to cock measure, here a lot of insecurity exists. Some of you may be thinking, these things exists everywhere, we can't know for sure, unless we've been everywhere.

I just know that for 27 years, I've been here, and today it's just me, haven't met anyone like me, even with siblings and relatives. So maybe I should go search, hunt if you will, for likeness, for change, and if not change, people who want change, will die fighting for change. I am not one to be content, or one who says "well what can you do?" Change yourself you change the world. And maybe that starts with a change in location.

Any of you just say f it, let's see where my intuition takes me...I know my streety would love to.
I hear you on some of those points. Really, this is a Southern California culture thing, and I too often have a hard time relating. I used to joke that one day I was going to empty my bank account, get and my car and just drive until I landed somewhere. The "IE" has its own special problems, and it really can be unbearable at times.

Have you considered the PNW? You seem a bit of a hippie, it may suit you. Beautiful place if you can get past the weather.

Old 12-03-12, 15:00   #19
Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinBeer View Post
I hear you on some of those points. Really, this is a Southern California culture thing, and I too often have a hard time relating. I used to joke that one day I was going to empty my bank account, get and my car and just drive until I landed somewhere. The "IE" has its own special problems, and it really can be unbearable at times.

Have you considered the PNW? You seem a bit of a hippie, it may suit you. Beautiful place if you can get past the weather.
lol. A great friend of mine lives in Eugene, it's always been a potential. It's beautiful up there. I know the bike would love breathing in some of that air.

Old 12-03-12, 15:01   #20
Zen

Speaking of which, with the Air Quality Index out here, my STR might as well be second hand smoking lol. It's gotta have some effect over time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement