Harley-Davidson Iron 883 - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 12-02-12, 19:27   #11
Orangeman
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
The only H-D I would consider owning would be the XLR1200, with the race package installed. .

Dropped for 2013

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-12, 19:29   #12
Scottyyy

Send a message via Skype™ to Scottyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman View Post
Dropped for 2013

:( :( :( :(

Old 12-02-12, 20:04   #13
RoxyStriple

Well a Sportster wasn't exactly aimed at bikes like a Street Triple.... The only thing sporty about a Sportster is the name . It's a small entry level cruiser .. They're decent . If I were to get a Sporty it would be a 1200. The 883 is just too much of a dog even for a cruiser . the 48 is pretty cool.
If I were to get a cruiser ( and not that I'm bias for Triumphs ) it would be a Bonneville America or Speedmaster . They have some grunt and they don't really try to be anything they're not except a cruiser with a Bonnie motor ...

Old 12-02-12, 20:45   #14
maddhatter777

I have a 1200 Sportie and the street triple. The triple is new to me so the novelty is still there. I freaking love that bike. However, I really can't compare the two. They aren't aimed at the same market. The power, handling, braking performance of the Street are miles above the HD. However there is something about sitting back and low cruising on secondary roads at 50-60mph. Hoped to take advantage of the great December VA weather on the Street, but the R/R had me putting miles on the Sportster. Winning either way :-) (R/R to be replaced Tuesday)

Old 12-02-12, 22:27   #15
dustoff

I test drove a xr1200 before buying my striple and they are worlds apart. The HD was very imprecise on a twisty road that I knew well. I also have a 20 year old softail that is a family hand me down that I love as much as my striple. But for completely different reasons. Lets face it, my HD can't exactly get through a chicane very well.

Old 12-03-12, 12:49   #16
Allworld

Quote:
Just seems to call to me.
They don't call to me, what so ever.

Last edited by Allworld; 12-04-12 at 07:15.

Old 12-03-12, 21:20   #17
ruben5

Don't really care if it calls you, asked if anyone had one. Not really looking for something that will perform in the twisties. I have the Street for that. I am looking at the 883 as a cruiser. sometimes ya ask a simple question and get pointless comments in these forums. Thanks to anyone that addressed the original question.

Old 12-04-12, 10:59   #18
Scottie

Ya I agree that you get pointless comments in these forums sometimes...

Scott

Old 12-04-12, 17:28   #19
jcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben5 View Post
Anybody on here have one of these? Just seems to call to me. I'm not a fan of chrome and this bike for a HD doesn't have much. The price is right being around $ 8 grand.

Any opinions out there?
Most people who frequent the Street triple forum have demonstrated, by their choice, that they have a taste for high performance middle weight fine handling machinery. From that point of view I think the 883 is outside my understanding. I've read that it is heavy slow and crude-the cheapest and oldest of HD's offerings. I can understand the alternative way of getting around having spent a day each on a modern Bonneville and a T bird storm. I'd recommend you try the Bonnie for your more easy going and relaxed riding, it looks like an ancient thing but is more up to date than it appears.
If you were to seek the opinions of sportster riders on the Striple I doubt you'd find much better focussed replies.

Old 12-04-12, 17:49   #20
01xj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben5 View Post
Don't really care if it calls you, asked if anyone had one. Not really looking for something that will perform in the twisties. I have the Street for that. I am looking at the 883 as a cruiser. sometimes ya ask a simple question and get pointless comments in these forums. Thanks to anyone that addressed the original question.
It's a pretty pointed question if you ask me. Cruiser is the name, cruise is what it does. Pretty much the end of the road as far as sport oriented riders are concerned.

There are a thousand ways to customize them, so if you find it cramped or uncomfortable it can be changed. You want a bobber or hardtail out of it? You can order off the shelf parts. Tons of luggage and traveling options as well.

They are comfortable but I wouldn't want to go two up touring on one. Not enough "oomph" IMO.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement