Save the date!!! - Page 6 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-30-12, 09:55   #51
banjo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx3TT View Post
Set up a tent and camp. That is what I do 95% of the time I am down there. Make sure you bring an air mattress though because the ground if a giant rock.

If your tent is tall enough, a cot rules.

2008 CBR1000RR

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-12, 10:26   #52
mx3TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo8 View Post
If your tent is tall enough, a cot rules.
that's not a bad idea. I don't have enough room to pack one though, and my tent is DEFINITELY not big enough. I have one of those 4 person tents, you know, the ones that you can barely fit 2 in.

Old 11-30-12, 10:27   #53
mx3TT

Oh and ask Tapcon about his tent and blow up mattress. I have never seen anyone live so luxurious out in the middle of the track.

Old 11-30-12, 11:29   #54
hazexban
Moderator, Chatbox Comedian & Race Team Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx3TT View Post
Oh and ask Tapcon about his tent and blow up doll. I have never seen anyone live so gross out in the middle of the track.
ftfy

Old 11-30-12, 12:29   #55
kmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves View Post
So, an open day on the second day is only useful for those who are in red or blue, not anyone in the novice class.
no its useful for anyone, the difference in speed and lines between white and blue can make it dangerous though.

Old 11-30-12, 13:09   #56
mx3TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazexban View Post
ftfy
That sounds pretty accurate too.

Old 11-30-12, 17:58   #57
peeweesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatch View Post
No. Since it is private event we can edit their rules slightly. I know we were good to go with all groups and were going to run an open day 2 years ago but decided against it last minute and simply switched to 2 session groups.

For normal open days yes only red and up is allowed but this is not a normal tpm day...

i don't think an open day is a good idea. the 675 day brings out a lot of beginners.

But even when we ran 2 groups a few years ago, we got a ton of time.

Old 11-30-12, 19:52   #58
Jstu202
John the Jersey Admin

While I love open days, the range in experience from novice to the advanced riders and ridiculously fast and insanely good looking racers that just go slow so they don't embarrass anyone (me) is just asking for trouble.

Last year I messed around in the intermediate group with Dustin and Kevin, and found that my closing speeds on some riders was very scary. Dustin and Kevin's closing speeds on riders in the same group were also pretty sketchy.

It could work if everyone relaxed on their laps but most are going out to see what they can do on a racetrack, not worry about running into a rider ahead of them.

In the end these days are about making everyone happy, not just one or two groups. I want everyone to have a great time. And keep in mind one thing, this year is a two day event.. That is A LOT of track time even for a normally run day!

CCS Expert # 900 STT - Advanced TPM - Advanced NESBA - Advanced TTD - Advanced
Spammer Kill Count - 205 "Piranha Gun! Oh Yeaaa!!"
Ridersdiscount
- BridgewaterAcura - VIP Honda - JackTrebourMotorcycles
"Death smiles at us all, All a man can do is smile back."
2014 Triumph675.net Track Day! Sign up HERE!

Old 11-30-12, 23:11   #59
peeweesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstu202 View Post
While I love open days, the range in experience from novice to the advanced riders and ridiculously fast and insanely good looking racers that just go slow so they don't embarrass anyone (me) is just asking for trouble.

Last year I messed around in the intermediate group with Dustin and Kevin, and found that my closing speeds on some riders was very scary. Dustin and Kevin's closing speeds on riders in the same group were also pretty sketchy.

It could work if everyone relaxed on their laps but most are going out to see what they can do on a racetrack, not worry about running into a rider ahead of them.

In the end these days are about making everyone happy, not just one or two groups. I want everyone to have a great time. And keep in mind one thing, this year is a two day event.. That is A LOT of track time even for a normally run day!
Yeah i felt the same way in intermediate also, the range was kinda crazy. a lot different than a normal red group day.

Last edited by peeweesp; 11-30-12 at 23:18.

Old 12-01-12, 10:03   #60
mx3TT

It's funny that when you get to blue group, you figure the major difference in closing speeds would go away, they don't. There are people going around Thunderbolt(NJMP) running a 1'38's and some running under 1'30's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement