[Track] Really fast corners and throttle... - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Riding Skills

Riding Skills Tips, lessons, experiences, etc. Beginner, intermediate and advanced.

Old 11-22-12, 17:33   #11
sittingturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rink675 View Post
I don't know if it's "wrong" to add throttle and lean at the same time but it is the most common reasons for crashes. I have done it on accident when I was first learning throttle control and never crashed but it was on mild street riding and I wasn't in the high RPM range either so it would make it more difficult for the rear to spin up on me.

I think at some point you are either maintenance throttle while leaning or slightly rolling on because if you have a decreasing radius turn and you have to tighten up your line the throttle still needs to be there to keep the suspension working properly.

Just my thoughts on that anyway.....could be wrong.
With experience and properly set up bike, you can get on the throttle quite aggressively while leaned over. It is a feel thing, you need to be able to feel when its starting to spin up or step out on you. So much of this discussion is a mute issue, because every turn is different, so without us all discussing a specific turn at a specific track, we will all be on different pages.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-12, 19:26   #12
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingturbo View Post
With experience and properly set up bike, you can get on the throttle quite aggressively while leaned over. It is a feel thing, you need to be able to feel when its starting to spin up or step out on you. So much of this discussion is a mute issue, because every turn is different, so without us all discussing a specific turn at a specific track, we will all be on different pages.

Ah ok, I just never wanted to test the limits of it on the street.

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Old 11-29-12, 00:01   #13
Red October

Quote:
A rule of thumb our instructors teach here is (assuming good sticky surface on a nice warm day and neutral camber):
If your knee is just touching, you can get to WOT using 1-2-3 count.
If your knee is firmly planted, use 1-2-3-4-5 to get to WOT.

The rest is feel.

Old 11-29-12, 20:49   #14
Ricardo_

touching the tarmac?
firmly planted on the asphalt?

Old 11-29-12, 23:00   #15
Smoke

Maintenance throttle = the throttle you need to keep your speed from varying

You can try a bit of rear brake, among the other techniques discussed. Of course, some will tell you the rear brake is useless

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35

Old 11-29-12, 23:14   #16
Red October

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikke View Post
touching the tarmac?
firmly planted on the asphalt?
touching: put knee down, feel the ground, pull it back up.
Firmly: if you can't really pull it up

Old 11-30-12, 06:41   #17
Ricardo_

but what to do with throttle application before attack the fast corner, wich demands full lean?

i think rolling off a little bit and then steady/maintenance is the winner.

Old 12-03-12, 00:45   #18
Red October

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikke View Post
but what to do with throttle application before attack the fast corner, wich demands full lean?

i think rolling off a little bit and then steady/maintenance is the winner.
Trail brake, then start rolling on, using the "once the throttle is cracked open..." rule, until you have desired direction, then 1-2-3?

Old 12-03-12, 11:46   #19
lokodog

I can see how this would be different at each track. At Fontana Speedway there is turn 2 and a little sweeper between turn 4 and 5 ( I don't think it has a number). Entry speed is slow into those corners because you're just coming out of another corner, but you can move pretty good in those corners midway through. I just pin it and pray! She likes to dance between shifts. I'm pretty sure that's not the right way of doing it though and im not very quick.

Sent from my DROID2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

2007 Graphite 675 (stock)

Times
Fontana: 1:47.467 (Dunlop Q2)
Chuckwalla CCW: 2:13.3 (Pirelli Superbike Pro)
Buttonwillow 2:11.81 (Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SC2)

Last edited by lokodog; 12-03-12 at 12:43.

Old 12-03-12, 19:28   #20
TonyNyc

Quote:
Word.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement