Sport touring my 675R - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-23-12, 02:39   #11
Bhodi513

On my Daytona, the furthest is probably 5 hours at one time. On my Bonnie, I have done 8 hours of back-roads multiple days in a row. Never did I feel like I was maxxed out though. I do lots of trips around the Great Lakes on my Bonnie and have been scouting good twisties on motorcycleroads.us. My plan is to hit some of the best around me and camp or utilize couchsurfing.org while I do it. I have a cross-country trip planned for this summer with some buddies on our Bonnies and I have 4 3-5 day trips planned on my Daytona thus far. Between these planned trips and my track days I should have a banner year if I can stay rubber side down.

AB
1971 T120

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-12, 20:38   #12
saumo

Does everyone who tours on the 675 Daytona have an upgraded seat? It would be massively uncomfy on stock saddle I would imagine?

Old 11-26-12, 23:34   #13
allaussiegrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumo View Post
Does everyone who tours on the 675 Daytona have an upgraded seat? It would be massively uncomfy on stock saddle I would imagine?
I had a 7 Hour ride home on that plank. I decided to get a saddle men after that. I had a 28 hour ride over 4 days I didn't have a over ally sore bum by the end of each day. I recommend the saddle men..

As for baggage, the kreiga gear works well, but it takes about 5-10 mins to strap it all together. When everyone else you travel with you get a little envious on their Ventura racks. But the get envious of your cornering ability.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Motorcycle.com App

'11 675R
Werkes Slip On Pipe + STD Fender Elim + Intergrated Tailight - ZG Double Bubble DS - Dual HID Headlights and Angel Eyes with Coloured Headlight Housing - Red Seat Cowl - LED Strip Indicators - 1050 Throttle Tube -
Attack Reasrsets (Red Pegs) - Powdercoated wheels and Sidestand - GB protection Kit - CRG Levers folding - Saddlemen CF Track Seat - Watsens

Old 11-27-12, 14:39   #14
Wei

I did 800 miles to Indy's MotoGP from NYC, make sure you have a tall windscreen, and a CrampBuster. It will save your wrist.

Old 11-27-12, 14:50   #15
Torchsport

Location: 90 miles from Brainerd International Raceway, Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wei View Post
I did 800 miles to Indy's MotoGP from NYC, make sure you have a tall windscreen, and a CrampBuster. It will save your wrist.
800 miles in one day??
I've done that on my Goldwing, and 725 miles in a day on my FZ1, but couldn't do it on a true sportbike.

Old 11-27-12, 16:03   #16
EmptySet

Quote:
It's unbearable on the stock seat. Get a Saddlemen even if you ride anywhere close to 2-3 hrs. That and the GoCruise throttle lock are the two things I won't go far without.

Old 11-28-12, 10:25   #17
Lightsdarkness

Send a message via AIM to Lightsdarkness

+1 on the saddlemen, don't waste your time with the triumph gel seat.

I have done plenty of 500 mile rides on my 675. 8-12 hour rides. I love touring on the 675 better than a cruiser.

I have the saddlemen sport seat, ZG tall screen, Ipod holder/charger, SENA SMH-10 for music, surefire ear plugs, and camelbak. All of those added up for me, make a very comfy sport touring 675.
2006 Graphite 675- 16,000 Miles- Sold

Old 11-28-12, 10:31   #18
Tucker2.0

Send a message via MSN to Tucker2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsdarkness View Post
+1 on the saddlemen, don't waste your time with the triumph gel seat.

I have done plenty of 500 mile rides on my 675. 8-12 hour rides. I love touring on the 675 better than a cruiser.

I have the saddlemen sport seat, ZG tall screen, Ipod holder/charger, SENA SMH-10 for music, surefire ear plugs, and camelbak. All of those added up for me, make a very comfy sport touring 675.
Have you considered clipon replacements? my wife wants to start doing 4ish hour rides together next summer and she'll be on a bonnie or cm200t and im thinking i need to make my daytona as comfortable as possible.

Old 11-29-12, 10:48   #19
motociclista

Lightbulb

The OP mentioned the possibility of getting an Airhawk pad and others have recommended a Saddleman seat.

Here's why I like the Airhawk solution. When I hit the inevitable boring stretches of road that come up when touring, the Airhawk keeps my butt a lot more comfortable. But when I get to a technical, curvy road, I remove the Airhawk (takes less than a minute) so I don't have the squishiness that makes it harder to move around and maintain feel of what the bike's doing. I don't have any experience with the Saddleman, but I know that some seats that are more comfortable can also inhibit mobility. With the Airhawk, it's like having two seats for less than the price of one aftermarket seat.

The other advantage: I can move the Airhawk from one bike to another, which you can't do with an aftermarket seat.

Old 11-30-12, 23:22   #20
Logans08Daytona675

Quote:
1600 miles on the stock seat over two days. I still prefer the stock seat over the gel. Any big ride I do next I'm either getting a saddlemen or custom made

Sponsored Links
Advertisement